Click Here!

Locked out of my archive account, password reset isn't working, and it's urgent.

I need to get into my account to correct an unexplained ‘problem’ on my profile that could result in doxxing/outing me to my homophobic family. My password isn’t working, the password reset isn’t working, I’m not getting emails for the reset – even in junk/spam – and I haven’t heard back from tech support. I’ve tried all of this – aside from contacting support – on three different browsers and devices, so it’s not a problem with my browser or computer. This is the screen I get after using the “password reset” link at the left, but that’s as far as it goes.

image.thumb.png.e68075b41746cdfa80a8c35439fd8ce9.png

The longer this goes unfixed, the higher the odds that someone I’m related to will find my profile, connect the problem to me, and out me to my homophobic parents as the bisexual delinquent that they can’t know I am. Please, help me fix this!

Edited by Ghost-of-a-Chance
Added a word

Try clearing your cache and all AFF cookies, and then try logging out (even if you think you are already logged out) and logging in with your current password. It might be a corrupted cookie string causing an issue.

I tried clearing my cache/cookies/website data on my iPad, and nothing changed. My password has a non-alphanumerical character, which according to other posts here, may be causing problems. Either way, how do I log out if I can’t log in??? The only option I see on the page is “log in,” and it won’t show any of the shortcuts you see when you’re logged in.

Unfortunately, I can’t change passwords myself for our members. But have you tried the password reset again after clearing the cookies and cache? The link I’ve used in the past is http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/reset.php

Yes, but I’ll give it another try. :errm:  Maybe the nth time is the charm.

That’s still accomplishing nothing. Is there any way someone could send a link for me to reset my password, because I’m not getting the emails when I try that. They aren’t in junk or spam, either. I’ve tried signing in, resetting, clearing, and everything else I know how to do dozens of times on three different devices now and I’m still locked out and unable to fix it. I’m starting to panic here.

autocorrect is an asshole

The password reset link uses your email address, and it has to match an address in the database. 

The only thing I can do is to edit your email address, if you have another address you can use temporarily. You already have a gmail address, which is probably the best option. If you want to try using another email address, please let me know via the staff email so it doesn’t appear on a public forum. That address is tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org 

• 5 months later...

I’m still locked out of my account. (I had to put writing aside for awhile; depression sucks, and it and all its little assbuddies can go jump off the dirty end of a cow with poke intoxication.) Well, now when I try logging in, I get a different error: 

“The email you provided may not be registered or is registered multiple times.”

…any possible way this is due to the site being in read-only, or is this still the same problem as before. 😣

EDIT: the pen name is correct now, at least. No doxxing risk, yay!

It’s due to the site being in read-only mode, most likely.  From what I can see, your email is only registered once. 

Bear with us. We’ll get the site secured and live again, and get this all sorted for you. :hug:

Thank you, both for taking the time to answer and for fighting the good fight against the hacker spawn. :hug:I can be patient. Best of luck!

• 9 months later...

Over a year later, and I’m still locked out of my account, and still not able to reset my password. Only difference? Now I’m getting this error message when I try resetting my password:

The e-mail you provided may not be registered or is registerd multiple times, please contact support or try registering” 

…all except for one email address. That address, once the password reset link from my inbox loads, I get the message that it expired…in seconds. I’m starting to consider just scrapping the whole posting on AFF deal. 😔

Given the hacker woes, all accounts required re-activation and new password resets back in February, and these need to be sent out by the moderators (so that link for you to click is currently useless).  Talk to @BronxWench about getting this restarted for your account.  While you’re waiting, archive passwords are now required to be 12-18 characters, (no special characters), so start dreaming one up.

1 hour ago, Ghost-of-a-Chance said:

Over a year later, and I’m still locked out of my account, and still not able to reset my password. Only difference? Now I’m getting this error message when I try resetting my password:

…all except for one email address. That address, once the password reset link from my inbox loads, I get the message that it expired…in seconds. I’m starting to consider just scrapping the whole posting on AFF deal. 😔

I’m emailing you the links to activate the account and reset the password. Yahoo.com blocked a large number of our emails about the activation, thinking we were spammers, and I had no way to tell who actually received the email or not. I’ve been quite busily sending out links as members reach out to me, as I’m doing for you now.

Edited by BronxWench
I can't spell this damned early...

The activation link worked, but I got the same “this password reset is no longer valid” error message when I followed the password reset link. From opening the email to reaching the site, it couldn’t have been a whole minute. I’d include a screenshot, but it’s coming up larger than the limit even after cropping. This locked-out saga has completely ruined my ability to believe I’m in any way technologically literate. 

EDIT: I uploaded a cropped screenshot to my Google drive HERE.

Uploaded link to screenshot.

I’ve email you a new link for the password reset. It should work this time—the password reset links are being somewhat temperamental, rather like the disapproving corgi frowning at me from her favorite recliner.

@BronxWench, thank you so freaking much! I’m FINALLY logged back into my account! :worship: I can finally update my stories here. Thanks for your patience and determination. 💜

Give the grumpy corgi a chin scritch for us. (“Us” being myself, and my kitties Woozle and Heiferlump.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.