Click Here!

Crossroadsmk2 Updates

CrossroadsMk2

Thank you so much for that, Donkingkong.

I know that before all of these attacks we had a donation link in the Archives, and all donations went towards hosting costs and such things. But I don’t know what the status of that is at the moment. We’ll have to ask @DemonGoddess or @manta2g or @BronxWench about that, I’m afraid. 

But I am certain, whether it be now, or after we’re back up and running, all donations would be so greatly appreciated. We’re all volunteers here, so all donations go towards the site in full. We do not get paid for maintaining the site. 

The Donations link should be working. It’s under the Site section of the new menu.

As Willow said, all donations go towards the hosting costs and to defray the costs of updates to the site. No one, from the owner on down, ever gets any money for doing what we do for AFF. We donate our time because we all believe in what AFF stands for—free expression  and acceptance.

6 minutes ago, Guest LHunt said:

All,

I was able to donated last month at least using the site...and it was received, confirmed by DemonGodess also!

Thank you! :hug:  As I’ve said before, we have the best members!

19 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

Thank you! :hug:  As I’ve said before, we have the best members!

and the site donation link for paypal is still working as of about 5 minutes ago – I just donated again through the kitty donation link!

17 minutes ago, CrossroadsMk2 said:

Same. The PayPal donations go through to Jennie Salva (which I assume is one of the real people responsible for making the site run).

Thank you! :hug: And yes, that is DemonGoddess061, since PayPal frowns on pen names. :lol: 

Guest GhostOfCovid

It’s crazy to think that in two weeks the site has been on read mode for four months 

im so glad that the last chapter posted made it as I remember it was posted just before the read mode came on 

17 hours ago, Guest GhostOfCovid said:

It’s crazy to think that in two weeks the site has been on read mode for four months 

im so glad that the last chapter posted made it as I remember it was posted just before the read mode came on 

Time to start petitioning Crossroads to release something on Google Docs so we at least have something to tide us over, lol.

Guest A desperate reader
7 hours ago, MorbidFantasy said:

Time to start petitioning Crossroads to release something on Google Docs so we at least have something to tide us over, lol.

I second that... ecspecily as he wishes to stretch the time between the other already written chapters. Have we not been punished enough?

Hello all. I despise Google Docs, so that definitely won't be happening. With regard to Hentai Foundry (I'm not familiar with AO3), I did consider it but their website layout is optimised for pictures and doesn't really work well for stories - especially long format ones.

I'm not ready to give up on AFF, so please be patient. Besides, you haven't really missed out on much anyway - since the site's been down, I've only had time to finish 2 more chapters and started a third. 

Guest GhostOfCovid

I don’t think anyone should give up on AFF we know that the people are working hard in their free time and it’s not like that have ignored are concerns. 

plus crossroads has not stopped writing so I’m happy it’s just a matter of time before we can read the new chapters 

1 hour ago, Guest GhostOfCovid said:

I don’t think anyone should give up on AFF we know that the people are working hard in their free time and it’s not like that have ignored are concerns. 

plus crossroads has not stopped writing so I’m happy it’s just a matter of time before we can read the new chapters 

I’d upvote that comment if I could.  No, don’t give up.

The emails are rolling out, but there are a few glitches that have been cropping up.

Look carefully at the first link. If the word “password” appears at the very end, copy and paste the link into a new browser tab/window, backspace out that word, and then enter. That worked to let me validate (and yes, staff has to do this too!).

Once you’ve validated successfully, you should be able to click the password link and reset the password. Just keep in mind the password restrictions here: 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, no spaces, punctuation or special characters allowed, case sensitive, and don’t reuse the same password or it will blank the field and force another reset.

Good luck, everyone!

10 hours ago, BronxWench said:

The emails are rolling out, but there are a few glitches that have been cropping up.

Look carefully at the first link. If the word “password” appears at the very end, copy and paste the link into a new browser tab/window, backspace out that word, and then enter. That worked to let me validate (and yes, staff has to do this too!).

Once you’ve validated successfully, you should be able to click the password link and reset the password. Just keep in mind the password restrictions here: 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, no spaces, punctuation or special characters allowed, case sensitive, and don’t reuse the same password or it will blank the field and force another reset.

Good luck, everyone!

I goofed clicking on the links without seeing these instructions, and now it says “The Password Reset is no longer valid”

Might need to have another link sent to morbidfantasy12@gmail.com

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, MorbidFantasy said:

I goofed clicking on the links without seeing these instructions, and now it says “The Password Reset is no longer valid”

Thanks!

Try logging out and then logging in again. It might force a password reset for you. If not, I can add you to the queue for the manual reset.

1 hour ago, CrossroadsMk2 said:

Hi BronxWench, I stuffed up mine as well - I changed windows to double check the spelling of the new password I wanted to use and now it says the password reset and account activation are no longer valid. I tried logging out and it didn't help. Please add 1mwtjf@gmail.com to the manual reset. Thanks.

Will do! We’re hoping to get to these quickly.

4 hours ago, MorbidFantasy said:

Thanks!

I’ve sent you a new link for the password reset that should work. *crosses fingers*

4 hours ago, CrossroadsMk2 said:

Hi BronxWench, I stuffed up mine as well - I changed windows to double check the spelling of the new password I wanted to use and now it says the password reset and account activation are no longer valid. I tried logging out and it didn't help. Please add 1mwtjf@gmail.com to the manual reset. Thanks.

I’m showing you as fully validated and with a working password. See if you can log in, please?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.