Click Here!

George Glass' Transparency Thread

GeorgeGlass

Guest Atlas2001
9 minutes ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Hi there. I don’t know if you’re having that problem on AO3 or here on AFF (where the comment feature isn’t working right now because the site is in read-only mode), but if you’d like to comment on any of my stories, you’re free to do so here. 

Is in ao3

10 hours ago, Guest Atlas2001 said:

Is in ao3

Whatever the problem is at AO3, it seems to be still ongoing. I wasn’t able to log in there just now.

5 hours ago, Guest Atlas2001 said:

Thanks, I also wanted to ask if it's not too late to suggest a Christmas-themed story, do you accept suggestions?

I make no promises to do anything with it, but if you want to tell me your idea, fire away.

Guest Atlas2001
4 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Whatever the problem is at AO3, it seems to be still ongoing. I wasn’t able to log in there just now.

I make no promises to do anything with it, but if you want to tell me your idea, fire away.

The idea is that a single or widowed father spends Christmas with his daughter who still believes in Santa Claus. He dresses up as Santa to leave her gifts, but when he checks the list of gifts that she left, what her daughter wants is to have a baby to that her dad is not alone so she asks santa to help her have a baby

What you think?

8 hours ago, Guest Atlas2001 said:

The idea is that a single or widowed father spends Christmas with his daughter who still believes in Santa Claus. He dresses up as Santa to leave her gifts, but when he checks the list of gifts that she left, what her daughter wants is to have a baby to that her dad is not alone so she asks santa to help her have a baby

What you think?

Have you read my story “Wish List”? Because it has a similar premise to this.

https://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600106927

4 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

AO3 was on “server maintenance” this morning, around the time you would’ve checked.

Actually, I checked about 15 minutes before the 2-hour “server maintenance” window. But the fact that I didn’t get a “Kudos” email from AO3 this morning suggests that there was a problem before then, because I get those virtually every morning. *attempts to open valve to deflate overfull ego*

Guest Atlas2001
1 hour ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Have you read my story “Wish List”? Because it has a similar premise to this.

https://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600106927

Actually, I checked about 15 minutes before the 2-hour “server maintenance” window. But the fact that I didn’t get a “Kudos” email from AO3 this morning suggests that there was a problem before then, because I get those virtually every morning. *attempts to open valve to deflate overfull 

yes I think it is similar but not the same I think my idea has more Christmas spirit

6 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Actually, I checked about 15 minutes before the 2-hour “server maintenance” window. But the fact that I didn’t get a “Kudos” email from AO3 this morning suggests that there was a problem before then, because I get those virtually every morning. *attempts to open valve to deflate overfull ego*

I’m guessing they were having some ongoing email issues.

https://twitter.com/AO3_Status

I wouldn’t notice as I don’t get Kudos all that often.

9 hours ago, Guest Atlas2001 said:

yes I think it is similar but not the same I think my idea has more Christmas spirit

I now remember that I wrote another story that’s even more similar to your idea, save that the genders are swapped (ie, it’s about a young boy and an adult woman). It’s called “A Visit From Shota Claus,” and I wrote it for the Holiday Party here on AFF in 2018.

https://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600109191&chapter=8

Guest Atlas2001
4 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

I now remember that I wrote another story that’s even more similar to your idea, save that the genders are swapped (ie, it’s about a young boy and an adult woman). It’s called “A Visit From Shota Claus,” and I wrote it for the Holiday Party here on AFF in 2018.

https://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600109191&chapter=8

Ok thanks 

So, updates:

--I’ve just sent chapter 1 of “Out of Hand” off to beta. This is the Loud House story that will complete the trilogy with “Enter the Sandboy” and “Just One Rule.”

--Probably the next thing that will be beta-ready is the final chapter of “Smooshed.” I hope to have a complete first draft to send by next week.

Okay, three big pieces of news:

1. Chapter 1 of “Out of Hand” is now posted on AO3.
  2. I just send the 18th and final chapter of “Smooshed” off to beta.
  3. The great merge-and-purge of AFF’s duplicate accounts is now finished. @BronxWenchdid, like, 90% of it, but I’m glad to have helped a little. This puts AFF a step closer to getting out of read-only mode.

11 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Okay, three big pieces of news:

1. Chapter 1 of “Out of Hand” is now posted on AO3.
  2. I just send the 18th and final chapter of “Smooshed” off to beta.
  3. The great merge-and-purge of AFF’s duplicate accounts is now finished. @BronxWenchdid, like, 90% of it, but I’m glad to have helped a little. This puts AFF a step closer to getting out of read-only mode.

And I was grateful for the help! Let’s just say I hope the next step doesn’t involve anything like the merge and purge. :lol: 

I posted the final chapter of “Smooshed” on AO3 a couple of days ago. The reaction to that and to chapter 1 of “Out of Hand” has been substantial, which is delightful.

Less delightful was some news I got the other day: My friend Lady Freelove let me know that my story “The Power Arcane” was plagiarized and published on Webnovel.com under the plagiarist’s name. I created an account there and reported it; we’ll see what, if anything, comes of that.

On the writing front, I now have 3 priorities: the final chapter of “Depravity Falls,” chapter 2 of “Out of Hand,” and the final story of “The Power Arcane.” Which doesn’t mean that I’m not also working on a bunch of other stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it seems I was too optimistic in hoping to have chapter 11 of Depravity Falls finished by this weekend. Not that I haven't made good progress; it's just that there's more left to write than I'd realized. So now I’m hoping to have it beta-ready by this time next week.

Progress on the final story of “The Power Arcane” is slow but steady. I can’t say yet when that will be ready, but it WILL be ready eventually.

I have a short story that should soon be ready for prime time titled “What Counts as Incest?” Its about two older-teen siblings who use some increasingly questionable logic to talk themselves into having a night of sexy fun together.

You probably want the bad news first: I’m STILL not that close to having chapter 11 of Depravity Falls ready for beta. It’s 8400 words and counting, so it’s not like I’m not making progress; it’s just that the top of this particular mountain keeps moving higher.

On the good news front, I just sent my original one-shot “What Counts as Incest?” off to beta. So that one may get posted soon.

So, it looks like The Big Day has come, and it is possible for authors to post stories and chapters again. I have a LOT of catch-up posting to do, so I won’t try to do it all at once. I think I’ll focus on completing existing stories first, starting with “Secret Sash” and “Into the Third Dimension.”

Also, and I really mean it this time, I think the final chapter of “Depravity Falls” will be ready for beta by the weekend.

Some news:

--I'm pleased to report that chapter 3 of "Out of Hand" went off to beta yesterday.

--I have now caught up on posting the things I couldn't post during the read-only period. So my Big Hero 6 story "Augmented" is now here on AFF. I also posted my Halloween story from last year, “Night of the Were-Bimbos,” to my “Halloween Treat Bag.”

–I got a pleasant surprise today when I ran across the list of the top 50 most recommended authors in the AFF archives and found that I was tied for #3!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.