Click Here!

Heart of the Forest discussion/Review thread

ChrissyQuinn

Well you both are going to be disappointed! :D

It'll still be from Valentina's perspective overwhelmingly... there might be a chapter or two from Yorwrath's PoV, but it will be overwhelmingly the two of them travelling :D

You have turned Anny into an absolute ass. I get that he's not the one driving, but I would wanna smash his face in. Especially if it would get the face of the guy I loved to stop looking at me with it. You do such a good job of getting people into your characters.

But, I think we were supposed to like Anny... well at least at the beginning anyway. See, you all should just listen to me, I knew he was no good. :P

I'm gonna get me and BW tee shirts that say Team Yowler on them because we knew from the beginning that he was the real hero of the story. LMAO

But, I think we were supposed to like Anny... well at least at the beginning anyway. See, you all should just listen to me, I knew he was no good. :P

I'm gonna get me and BW tee shirts that say Team Yowler on them because we knew from the beginning that he was the real hero of the story. LMAO

You're supposed to like what Aneurin was, but not the Swynwr soup in his head :D He's good... the thing in his head is not.

As for Yorwrath... I tried to make him unlikeable but in the end it just made me like him more.

I'm sorry, when Val was captured and Anny was sitting around a fire getting his rocks off to Izzy, not knowing that she was alive, my like for him died.

There are two things you forget about that! :P One, he believed she had been dead for at least a day, two; he was drunk, and three; Islwyn initiated everything.

Lets examine this scene shall we?

Still I found myself uneasy as I noticed one similarity that all of the non-elves in the camp had in common. Wrapped around their throats was a slender band of leather—they were all slaves. Still I continued to survey the drunken camp as I walked along its border. Aneurin and Islwyn were seated close to one another at the largest fire outside of the largest tent. I watched in confusion as Aneurin gently stroked the blond elf’s cheek and Islwyn grabbed the back of his neck and pulled him in for a fierce kiss.

Before I could react to what was going on in front of the fire a hand was closed over my mouth and one thrust between my legs, possessively cupping my sex through the thin leather. My first reaction was to bite the hand, but they kept their palm curved in such a way that I couldn’t sink my teeth into their flesh. I pushed at the hands but they refused to move, it was like being held in a vice.
“Look at how utterly devout Islwyn is!” a familiar voice rumbled in a whisper. Yorwrath. “Aren’t you glad our dear little catamite King didn’t claim you?” a muted chuckle as bitter as poison accompanied the cutting statement and I struggled more. I stopped trying to pry his hands away and instead elbowed him in the stomach. He grunted but didn’t release me, and as I attempted to step on his feet he moved them expertly away. “I want you to watch.”
With I growl, I turned my attention back to the fire. Islwyn was busying himself unfastening the ties of Aneurin’s trousers. They were speaking to one another, but I couldn’t make out what was being said. I couldn’t even see Aneurin’s expression as Islwyn freed the flaccid length and proceeded to suckle the prone phallus all the way to the root. Aneurin’s hand rested on top of Islwyn’s head, his fingers playing in the blonde’s curls as his head bobbed between those powerful thighs I had sat astride only days before.
“Poor pretty Dy’ne, you probably thought you were something special,” Yorwrath practically cackled in my ear as I watched Islwyn finish his devotional.
Admittedly I felt a little heart broken, and more than a little stupid as I watched Aneurin’s body shudder with his climax. Islwyn raised finally, his pink tongue licking the last remnants of Aneurin’s seed from the corners of his mouth. Aneurin must have said something because Islwyn suddenly jumped and his face contorted in anger. Afterwards Islwyn left the fireside, he practically ran away leaving Aneurin alone. Before he even tucked his glistening length back into his trousers, he reached for a nearby wooden bottle and threw it into the fire. Whatever was in the bottle was strong, the flames flared high as the bottle exploded. Aneurin stood and threw back the flap of the tent behind him and disappeared.

Does his reaction seem like someone who was happy about what he let happen? maybe I should add that he seemed angry and ditch the part where he touches Islwyn hair to drive the point home

Aneurin largely redeemed himself for me when he warned Valentina about the Swynwr's plans for her. I still wish he could snap Islwyn's neck, but they need the Druid, or so I'm assuming. If nothing else, he makes a handy fuck-toy for the Swynwr. Pair of treacherous, two-faced sheepfuckers...

Aneurin largely redeemed himself for me when he warned Valentina about the Swynwr's plans for her. I still wish he could snap Islwyn's neck, but they need the Druid, or so I'm assuming. If nothing else, he makes a handy fuck-toy for the Swynwr. Pair of treacherous, two-faced sheepfuckers...

Agreed, him warning her was a big deal. He saved her, and that says a lot. I wonder how broken he will be when/if he comes back and remembers the devastation he's brought on those that love him.

Agreed, him warning her was a big deal. He saved her, and that says a lot. I wonder how broken he will be when/if he comes back and remembers the devastation he's brought on those that love him.

That's an excellent point. It's going to be hard for everyone to forgive his actions, I'd think. "Not me" isn't a very valid defense.

Alrighty. I am totally caught up! I should be leaving you reviews in the actual story. But, I think you know that I'm more comfortable doing it this way, for some reason.

I guess I should do it this way, seeing as though you have new readers! :D

In the beginning, I was all for Aneurin and Islwyn, strangely. I guess it was the way that he treated Val during the one ritual, where Aneurin had to claim her. That was just so... damn hot to me!

I should've known that something was amiss from the start with Islwyn. And Bronxie was immediately on it!

I honestly thought that it was going to be the unicorn (I'm never gonna get his name right so I'm not gonna try...) who would betray them all. But, it was just that Val really doesn't trust anyone except Aneurin and now Yorwrath to an extent.

At least Yorwrath is honest with her and I truly believe that is why we're all on his band wagon now. That and the fact that, Jesus-fucking-Christ, he knows how to make someone see flowers growing in a blizzard!

I love Valentina. I like her much better than Autumn. Val takes no shit and will fight, hands down. She is a very strong character and I love it.

Did you put in there the Pixie Queen and her mate boinking Aneurin and Islwyn just to make a certain reader go nuts...? XD I loved the way they were introduced and found that situation funny!

And I don't care if that town is a lie; it was really great to see elves and human together freely. Me and my sallow elf are packing as I speak! :D

I do have a bit of a problem with Yorwrath telling Valentina that he loves her. Don't get me wrong, I honestly believe that he means it; he's been trying to hide it for the longest and it was awesome to hear him not only admit it but also let her know that he truly didn't think she was a whore. I guess it's that I'm not a fan of someone who is all "I love you but I have a reputation to maintain". It makes me wonder how Val wouldn't feel like a whore when Yorwrath will still keep his "collection"?

We all know that the Swynwr and Aneurin are not the same. But I think I'm gonna agree with Bronx; it's going to be really hard for everyone to forgive him for his actions. The damage has been done and I truly think that Val should cut her ties. It's rough because they truly loved one another as well as taken vows. But, what's that saying? If it was meant to be, they will return. In this case, I don't think he's returning...

In short, I loved it! I honestly can't wait for book two!

I will say NOTHING :D

But I will say...there will be repercussions for the actions of the Swynwr that Aneurin has to deal with :D

I will say NOTHING :D

But I will say...there will be repercussions for the actions of the Swynwr that Aneurin has to deal with :D

Preferably involving Valentina breaking Aneurin's freaking pretty nose with a well-aimed fist.

Preferably involving Valentina breaking Aneurin's freaking pretty nose with a well-aimed fist.

Oh Bronxie, you have no clue... no clue :D

Oh, things seem to be getting interesting...

I just wanted to pop in here and say, good chapter but I think you may have rushed in your impatience to please your eager audience. This is the first time while reading any of your work that I could pick out so many errors, missing words and the like. Just thought I'd mention it to you because in a couple of places it sort of threw me out of your world and I hate being interrupted when I'm reading this story.

Next time I will personally hold your rabid fans at bay for you if you wish it. :D

Oh, things seem to be getting interesting...

I just wanted to pop in here and say, good chapter but I think you may have rushed in your impatience to please your eager audience. This is the first time while reading any of your work that I could pick out so many errors, missing words and the like. Just thought I'd mention it to you because in a couple of places it sort of threw me out of your world and I hate being interrupted when I'm reading this story.

Next time I will personally hold your rabid fans at bay for you if you wish it. :D

Yeah, I got too excited and posted it without proofing at all... heh, whoops. I'll pop back through it tonight and probably post a revised version. I was just too psyched to show off Gwyn ap Nudd to wait until I proofed it :D

Yeah, I got too excited and posted it without proofing at all... heh, whoops. I'll pop back through it tonight and probably post a revised version. I was just too psyched to show off Gwyn ap Nudd to wait until I proofed it :D

I can't really quibble, because I did like Gwyn ap Nudd, a lot! :D

I was hoping you didn't think I was being mean or anything but I guess I hold your writing to a higher standard than I do pretty much anyone else's when it comes to that sort of thing.

I'm glad we're finally seeing exactly what kind of power Val has, I hope it's a match or even more than Anny's so she can kick his ass. :D

I was hoping you didn't think I was being mean or anything but I guess I hold your writing to a higher standard than I do pretty much anyone else's when it comes to that sort of thing.

I'm glad we're finally seeing exactly what kind of power Val has, I hope it's a match or even more than Anny's so she can kick his ass. :D

I didn't think you were :) I take that as a compliment. :D

I'm glad you both like how its shaping up... *evil snicker* :devil:

Oh and see!!! The ending is happy :D

Edited by ChrissyQuinn

It's that time again! Yay Review replies :D I figured since the end has been reached I'd say something.

Oh and this! :D

65095709-208-k227573.jpg

Yay! We all know this means that the first chapter is just around the corner :)

Thank you all for all of your reviews of HotF... I'm just going to keep using this for Eyes of Fire too because its a continuation and I hate the idea of eating up multiple threads for a sequel.

Now! Reviews....

Multiple people seemed... happy about Yorwrath finally revealing his love for Valentina

Tahn

Oh. My. Gawd. I can't believe she got him to say it, I am freaking out here!

CL.Mustafic

Finally, for goodness sake!

CL

---

Well guys! I'm glad it was satisfying for him to finally say it :) I was going to reply to more, but in the middle of everything I started to get the urge to write sooo... I'm going to put this here and reply to more later :D

That being said though I know the ending wasn't as neat as it could have been, it was however, my first HEA or rather HFN and I'm pleased with it for that. Most of the things left unresolved will pop up again in Eyes of Fire fairly near the beginning. :) I hope you keep reading. :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.