Click Here!

Heart of the Forest discussion/Review thread

ChrissyQuinn

Well... things will happen... thats all I'm saying

Chapter 11

Despite it all, I actually feel somewhat sorry for Valentina. While I think Yorwrath's love will be purer than Aneurin's reclaimed version of their love, if Aneurin can even come to truly love her again, I know her heart will always yearn for "her" Aneurin. Yorwrath is not going to mend that wound, no matter what.

Caoilfionn is still at risk for being a dead, dead Unicorn, I think, and Grwn continues to grow on me, which makes me mistrust him now. And Islwyn, well... I was roughly as gleeful as Valentina when she pelted him with the stone.

And Yorwrath's eyes, oh my... he's far more than merely elven now, isn't it?

By the way, you made me snivel again. Evil woman.

I'm sorry I made you snivel, BW. I thought this Chapter would cheer you up! Ah well. I will come out and say Aneurin won't be the same. He's had the last of that ancient power awoken and it's left its mark.

Now that I think on it it's kind of worse than him dying

It's definitely worse than him dying, because every time Valentina is with him, she'll remember the Aneurin she loves, and who loved her fiercely enough to bind himself to her. Nothing will ever replace that lost love, and I think it'll leave a very dark mark on her, too.

her Anny is dead, just because this elf looks like him means nothing

Exactly. The new Aneurin isn't enough, and neither is Yorwrath or Islwyn. Even all three won't be enough. Poor Valentina... :(

Yup... I really should stop even trying to do a HEA, my attempts just make things so much worse lol.

Exactly. The new Aneurin isn't enough, and neither is Yorwrath or Islwyn. Even all three won't be enough. Poor Valentina... :(

I don't know, Yowly is starting down the path to redemption, just a little nudge and he could almost be tolerable

I think Anny is a lost cause, even if he regains some of what he was, the memories would be too much for me, I'd resent that all I got back was a broken version of someone I loved - Icky and corinthian die, period. They took what she loved, broke it, and gave it back broken...they die slowly and screaming...hormones...

Edited by DirtyAngel

I don't know, Yowly is starting down the path to redemption, just a little nudge and he could almost be tolerable

I think Anny is a lost cause, even if he regains some of what he was, the memories would be too much for me, I'd resent that all I got back was a broken version of someone I loved - Icky and corinthian die, period. They took what she loved, broke it, and gave it back broken...they die slowly and screaming...hormones...

Remind me... never to get on your bad side :P

Oh, believe me, I've thought Yorwrath was tolerable for a while now. But he's still not enough to heal Valentina's heart.

I won't argue with you on the rest, and not for fear of hormones. I'm menopausal -- I may you look like a romp in the park.

:o backing away slowly...no sudden movements...

It'll be okay...

Who knows? Maye he really will get it all back, but at this point if he doesn't get it all back, would it be worse for that, or for him not to get any back at all? For him to have feelings for her, but not what they were. That seems crueler than nothing at all.

Who knows? Maye he really will get it all back, but at this point if he doesn't get it all back, would it be worse for that, or for him not to get any back at all? For him to have feelings for her, but not what they were. That seems crueler than nothing at all.

how will she know if he has the old feelings back or is just telling her what she wants to hear because everyone is telling him she has to be with him, has to be his queen. I could never look at him and not wonder, not hear him call me Dy'ne, nope Anny is dead and who ever this is, he's just a cruel reminder of what they had.

Edited by DirtyAngel

:cry: no it won't, nothing will ever be ok again!

;) hormones?

Brat. :P

But in all honesty, Aneurin's dead, and this is just another sheepfucker with his face, whose touch will be a knife in Valentina's heart. Islwyn helped kill Aneurin, and Yorwrath is all she has left, which isn't enough, not after what she had with Aneurin. And Caoilfionn is just the Greek chorus of doom.

And Tahn has a very valid point. there's been plenty of books and movies that have dealt with things like what Aneurin's been through - same body, wrong person inside it. A happy ending's pretty damned unlikely for any of them, except, possibly, Grwn.

... I could blow all of your minds but I won't no matter how tempting it is :D Admittedly, it does look very bleak for Aneurin and Valentina... and really bad for Caoilfionn and Islwyn. But I am determined to have some sort of happiness in the ending!

Edited by ChrissyQuinn

Ok, gonna throw my two cents into the ring...Not sure if this is what Chrissy had in mind but this is how I see it:

Aneurin is dead, what has taken his place is some kind of mishmash of all the elf kings, sort of a genetic memory that was unlocked by the spell Caoilfionn and Islwyn; so Anuerin is still in there but he is now a small part of the whole and from the sounds of it a very subservient part, he Called Val a Dy'nn and the true Aneurin never would have, that would be like Magus calling me or Kari a whore, never happen. Now this hot tub party might bring the old Aneurin to the for front but it will never be him, not really and she's willing to try but I think the influence of the kings of the past will never let him see her as more than a pet. No, sorry but what they had is as dead as her old lover.

As for Yorwrath, I think you are all underestimating him. His abrasive manner was his way of keeping people at bay. He loved a human woman deeply and his father took that away from him, made him watch her die a horrible death, as well watching his son die. I couldn't even imagine what that would be like and honestly hope I never have to find out, but I know someone who does know and I watched him go through something quite similar. Yorwrath is just trying to never get close enough to anyone, especially a human female, so he never has to feel that pain again. But his walls are cracking, he didn't want to have rough sex with Val, he wanted to make love with her like his brother did and that tells me that no matter how he rails against it he's falling in love with her. I see the old Yorwrath resurfacing, the one his brother said was kind and even happy and when Val sees what's under that cold exterior I think she'll re-evaluate him and the two of them may find comfort in each others arms, a comfort that will grow into a deep love...I'm a romantic :P

As for Islwyn and the unicorn, gonna have to go with Kari on this one, they die slowly and screaming.

So I see a future with Yorwrath and Val presiding over a house full of little half elf half human rug rats, maybe not a happily ever after, but a bitter sweet ending.

Edited by ThinLizzie

I've been Yorwrath's biggest advocate all along, but I think Valentina will always look at Aneurin and mourn what they lost, especially since it was Aneurin who broke with all protocol to bind her to him before the old gods. She'll have to lay with him as his queen, and it will be torture.

Yorwrath will feel it as well, because his baby brother, whom he's protected at all costs, is lost to him as well. As much as he could love Valentina, the ghost of Aneurin will always be a third party to their lovemaking, and I can't see them finding the same sort of passion between them. Maybe they'll create their own passionate bond, but there will always be a piece in the shape of Aneurin that's missing.

Yeah, it'll definitely be bitter sweet but I think their shared loss will be that little seed that grows into love. I don't see aVal becoming his Queen, that would just eat at her until she loathed Anuerin. She's too independent, I like her with Yorwrath and maybe a threesome with Gwnn developes, but you're right, there will always be that hole in their hearts

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.