Click Here!

Heart of the Forest discussion/Review thread

ChrissyQuinn

Just look at it this way Bronxie, he'll be easier to catch when he limps :D

lol that's horrible!

Wait, you're maiming my elf??? :cry:

images.jpg

O.O... *Makes fire proof tent and hides in it* Yes! But it serves a purpose!

So... no one likes Islwyn but me...? :cry: *takes the druid and sallow elf with her* Fine... we'll be... somewhere with that heavy incense and intoxicating wine if you need us...

So, I won't lie; the last chapter felt somewhat of a filler but I actually enjoyed reading about Val and Yorwrath sparring. He proved a great point; he's the one with the most experience with a sword. And sorry, BW but I also enjoyed that stabbing! Not like it really hurt him, though...

The "unicorn" was indeed a surprise unicorn, like you told us in SB! Hmm... did we take a little something from The Last Unicorn...? :thumbsup: I loved that movie!

Anyway; this is great stuff and you guys are hilarious!

Well tahn, someone died

Edited by ChrissyQuinn

KoKoa, I didn't mind Val stabbing Yorwrath's arm to get him to let go. That was nothing. It's the potential maiming that has me twitchy, because I can't see Yorwrath being able to go on and remain sane if he's rendered useless.

Contrary to the SB silliness last night, he's a creature of physical prowess, a swordsman and warrior. Take away his ability to defend those he loves, like Aneurin, and those to whom he's loyal, like his people, and he has nothing. Not even the promise made by Caoilfionn that he will share Valentina with Aneurin and Islwyn would be enough. He'd be without purpose, and that's the kind of maiming that's far worse than any physical wound.

And there's a strong streak of nobility in Yorwrath. He knew what would happen if he shed a tear for his wife when Aeron killed her, but he did it anyway. He's willing to die for his brother. And he had the chance to make trouble at the claiming, and didn't, nor did he touch Valentina when he slept beside her and his brother. So, if anything, he's becoming more of a tragic figure than a villain, although I wouldn't say the same thing about Islwyn, who hides his motivation far too well for me to trust him. Sadly, he's the underdog I'm rooting for, and I have the worst feeling that I'll be crying in the next chapter or so.

BW is right :) Also what he says to her earlier when he throws her back behind Grwn "gwaedlyd gwirion dy'ne" is him calling her a bloody stupid human. I put those two phrases in without explanation because next chapter she finally gets to learn some "elven" phrases

Also welcome to the mad house dailara

Yep, just what I thought happened. But as a Dragon, I refuse to give up the faith that he's alive. REFUSE!!!

It's okay :D You're entitled to your belief :D mwhaha.

Chapter 10

Anyone who was not already aware of what an unattractive crier I am is surely aware of it now. I've been sniffling on and off all day, having made the mistake of reading this chapter far too early.

Having said all that, the relationship between Valentina and Yorwrath has gotten even more complicated, and I'm not at all sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, they are developing a grudging respect, which is good, but I still have such a sinking feeling about Yorwrath's future. I know Valentina will do what she can, but it may not be enough, and he's far from safe. For a supposed villain, he's gotten too damned interesting, and I'm going to worry.

And the obligatory cliffhanger, which will hopefully be Aneurin and Caiolfionn riding to the rescue, Islwyn be damned. Duplicitous druid...

And now I'll go off and cry a little more, just because.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.