Click Here!

Heart of the Forest discussion/Review thread

ChrissyQuinn

This is that place I thank everyone for their reviews, and discuss the story with those who are interested. :) Also I'll post the map here when I make it :) And if you have any questions I'll answer them here :D

Here's some neat stuff...

Chapter 3 Stuff :) I don't know why I put this here but... yeah.

post-26902-0-92005900-1446093910_thumb.jpg I'm weird so I sketched the prison and the outfit Valentina wears before and after Chapter 3's events.

Edited by ChrissyQuinn

To everyone reading so far! Thank you :D And I want you all to know that your reviews make my day :)

Mona Thompson: Thank you soooo much for reading my stuff! I know you read Danse and I'm happy that you've continued to follow me even outside of my genre :D Also I agree with you about the elf sex... I don't think there's anything hotter than elf sex in the rain, I decided to have their first time there because of the primal connection they have annnd that it just seems like a really fucking hot concept :D

Kari: Yup, they were prologues because of the time jump of a year. It was originally more of a hard transition, but I moved back the original chapter one. Maybe I'll share that at sometime...but it's pretty raunchy :P

Sniper014: Thanks for giving my writing a chance! I'm glad you like it :)

---

I'm really happy you guys have liked my little foray into Fantasy! :) Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions for the story or mythical creatures you'd like me to incorporate. I've decided that Unicorns will make an appearance with a twist. :D I'm always open to suggestions :)

So, I promised you an embarrassing review in here. Don't judge me... wait; you already do. So, it's whatevs... :P

For the longest, there's never been much writing that... arouses me. I might read a few scenes and be all "ooh, that's kinda hot" but nothing more. Maybe a "I wish that would happen to me" type feeling. And almost always, I end up blushing, anyway!

This is may have been the second or third time I've read something to where I had to close my legs to calm myself! Dear gods, that was well written! And when I said I could feel what Valentina felt... I meant it! Just... ugh; I hate going into details because I'm blushing just thinking about it! The voyeur scene... loved! The garden scene; holy hell, the garden scene! *flails*

This is so good; for the first time being on the site, I wouldn't mind it if this story was PWP!

Valentina is a great character. I really enjoy that she thinks things through and understands the consequences of her actions. While reading, I really wanted her to not get in trouble for what she did but I knew that in reality, something like poisoning forty men and then burning their bodies wouldn't go unnoticed!

I love elves, now. My God, why have I neglected elven stories?! Not to say that any other story about elves would be like this one but it just makes me think of what all I'm missing!

cl.mustafic: I'm glad you're enjoying this story. I tried to take a step out of my comfort zone and yeah... it required a lot of research to get there, so I'm glad that it comes through :)

BronxWench: Welsh just seemed like a perfect fit for me, it has such a pretty soft sound to it. I was going to do Gaelic but changed to welsh after listening to someone speak it in a youtube video lol. I'm also so incredibly happy that you like what I've come up with so far :) Also, Yorwrath will prove a problem but as to how... you'll just have to wait and find out :)

KoKoa_B: :D Yay another familiar face. I'm glad you're willing to give the genre a shot! Hopefully I'm able to keep you entertained! And don't be embarrassed it's pretty awesome stuff... though I won't go PWP! :P No matter how tempting it is with a character like Aneurin rawr!

Tahn: I'm glad I've earned your squee of approval lol :)

Mona Thompson: I'm glad you're enjoying Valentina's badassery! You won't have to wait long for an update, I'll have the next one up by next Wednesday :)
And last but not least... the Mutton Dagger! I had to add it, there's something just hilarious about the word combination that makes me giggle like a twelve year old when I hear it, and I felt like sharing it with you all :D

Should Tahn, BW and I be offended by your stereotyping of those of us that write slash? For your information I wouldn't just be sitting there watching the naked men dance, I'd take a page out of DA's book and join in the cavorting! :P Oh well maybe that comes later...

Anyway, good chapter and I liked the way you added a bit at the beginning, it didn't feel as rushed as before. It was fun to see some familiar faces pop up in your story. I'm finding that there are still no characters in this story that inspire the kind of hate that Alexsi did... Get too work, you have a villain to create!

CL

I loved being one of the card players! Honestly, I'd have had one of those pretty things over my lap in a New York minute. Maybe two. :lol:

It was a great chapter, and I still think I'm going to love hating Yorwrath. He's such a glorious shit, but I have a feeling Valentina will prove the stronger of the two. And Aneurin is just... damn, that elf is a tempting baggage. I'm not going to piss Valentina off, though. :D

Just finished chapter five and it's just... wow!

I'm still excited over the fact that me and my "elf" made an appearance! :D I'm still not sure how I feel about being made a slave, especially reading on and finding out what that means exactly! A part of me doesn't care, as long as the sallow elf gets more time than the others! :lol:

I know that I've mentioned that you should just get all of the sex out of the way and then concentrate on the plot. Whether you want to believe it or not, this is actually a good mix of both. It couldn't be helped that the last chapter was basically more about the claiming than anything. The small orgy was a bit surprising but nothing that made me want to gag or not read it, contrary to belief *gives Dirty Angel the evil eye*!

Soo... am I the only one who took a bit of pleasure in how Islywn treated Valentina...? And I knew that there was more to Yorwrath and him than they both tried to lead on!

I'm still thinking about Yorwrath's story, and honestly, it explains why Aneurin puts up with his brother's shit, in addition to Yorwrath being one of his supporters, or course. But what acres me just a little is that Yorwrath is both a fanatic, as evidenced by his being a Redcap in the first place, and one of the few elves that can truly understand what Valentina means to Aneurin. How willing is Yorwrath to let his brother find the love that he wasn't allowed to have? However it works out, I'm still going to ache a little for Yorwrath, and all that was lost by the way he was hardened.

Aneurin is King, but he still needs the support of his people, and the Redcaps won't support him if Yorwrath turns against Aneurin, so in a way, Aneurin is no more "free" than Valentina. It's a perfect conundrum, and I'm so eager to see how it plays out.

I'm still thinking about Yorwrath's story, and honestly, it explains why Aneurin puts up with his brother's shit, in addition to Yorwrath being one of his supporters, or course. But what acres me just a little is that Yorwrath is both a fanatic, as evidenced by his being a Redcap in the first place, and one of the few elves that can truly understand what Valentina means to Aneurin. How willing is Yorwrath to let his brother find the love that he wasn't allowed to have? However it works out, I'm still going to ache a little for Yorwrath, and all that was lost by the way he was hardened.

Aneurin is King, but he still needs the support of his people, and the Redcaps won't support him if Yorwrath turns against Aneurin, so in a way, Aneurin is no more "free" than Valentina. It's a perfect conundrum, and I'm so eager to see how it plays out.

This is it exactly BW. Aneurin being "King" is more of a burden than anything else. And there are a lot of elves who would rather see him dead than King. So he needs that threat of the Redcaps which is why...

Leaving with Valentina and Islwyn after the display at the claiming might cause some complications. Especially since he killed Pwyll on his way out

I feel bad for his brother, but if Valentina's elf (I'm sick and can't remember his name, forgive please) is "King" can't he stop the same thing from happening to her?

See BW's post :D haha, now with the serious face. Currently, Aneurin gets most of his authority from Yorwrath's Redcaps, and a little bit through Islwyn and the druids. Only the Dragon clan supports Aneurin completely, but most of them are far away, and they only have a handful in Aneurin's camp (and clearly they're willing to draw blood for their King). So if the Redcaps were to turn on Aneurin because he's taken a human for a "bride" (They don't know that he has yet, to answer your review, but they're suspicious) he'd be royally fucked :D

And Kokoa! Since the reply thing won't let me get under the quote for some reason I'm going to answer you here lol. Human's aren't the same thing to every elf! It's not like I put you in Yorwrath's harem :P lol, there's a reviewer who also commented on... how Islwyn "treated" Valentina lol. And I'm with both of you, that was... nice. :D

Just finished chapter five and it's just... wow!

I'm still excited over the fact that me and my "elf" made an appearance! :D I'm still not sure how I feel about being made a slave, especially reading on and finding out what that means exactly! A part of me doesn't care, as long as the sallow elf gets more time than the others! :lol:

I know that I've mentioned that you should just get all of the sex out of the way and then concentrate on the plot. Whether you want to believe it or not, this is actually a good mix of both. It couldn't be helped that the last chapter was basically more about the claiming than anything. The small orgy was a bit surprising but nothing that made me want to gag or not read it, contrary to belief *gives Dirty Angel the evil eye*!

Soo... am I the only one who took a bit of pleasure in how Islywn treated Valentina...? And I knew that there was more to Yorwrath and him than they both tried to lead on!

Oh, I did like how Islwyn treated Valentina. He was so damned reverent, as though he was being allowed to pet his future queen. I still have my reservations about that elf, however. He's Aneurin's, through and through, and I'm not entirely sure I trust him.

Oh, I did like how Islwyn treated Valentina. He was so damned reverent, as though he was being allowed to pet his future queen. I still have my reservations about that elf, however. He's Aneurin's, through and through, and I'm not entirely sure I trust him.

I don't trust him either! Even when I'm writing, he's one of the characters that is a bit of a wild card. Yorwrath will do brutal, horrible stuff, it's part of who he is. Islwyn... well I'm starting to think he's like the little guy in the martial arts films from the 70s. The one who doesn't do much and doesn't look like he'd do much and then BAM room full of 80 dead guys. I'm just hoping that moment isn't too traumatic for all of us >.>

Do you think that his "vision" is a fluke to get both of them out of the camp only to lure them in a more dangerous territory...? Because now that you've mentioned it, it sounds like something he would try to do. Or at the least, get rid of Aneurin so that he could try to have Valentina for himself...?

I don't know, Aneurysm still seems a bit weak to me so I think Valentina should hitch her wagon to Yowler because he's probably just posturing and not really as tough as he makes it seem (He's probably in love with Val and just jealous of his brother so he hides it because everything is always about the king *pictures him stomping his foot and screaming Marcia, Marcia, Marcia which makes her giggle uncontrollably*). That way Aneurysm could just give in and admit that he's in love with Isil or Isis or the the elf that henceforth shall be referred to as blondie (not the 70's singer cause that's a girl :P) and everyone can live happily ever after. The End.

This post brought to you by low blood sugar and lack of sleep.

*wanders off in search of chocolate and coffee, oh a mochaccino sounds yummy, goes off to look for the hubby to take her for a fru fru coffee drink instead*

lol, oh CL! Yowler, Aneurysm and blondie lol You almost got Islwyn right! :P That was entertaining. :) And now it all makes sense! You want Valentina to end up with Yorwrath!

Do you think that his "vision" is a fluke to get both of them out of the camp only to lure them in a more dangerous territory...? Because now that you've mentioned it, it sounds like something he would try to do. Or at the least, get rid of Aneurin so that he could try to have Valentina for himself...?

I'd be more worried Islwyn wants Valentina out of the way do he can have Aneurin all to himself.

I don't know, Aneurysm still seems a bit weak to me so I think Valentina should hitch her wagon to Yowler because he's probably just posturing and not really as tough as he makes it seem (He's probably in love with Val and just jealous of his brother so he hides it because everything is always about the king *pictures him stomping his foot and screaming Marcia, Marcia, Marcia which makes her giggle uncontrollably*). That way Aneurysm could just give in and admit that he's in love with Isil or Isis or the the elf that henceforth shall be referred to as blondie (not the 70's singer cause that's a girl :P) and everyone can live happily ever after. The End.

This post brought to you by low blood sugar and lack of sleep.

*wanders off in search of chocolate and coffee, oh a mochaccino sounds yummy, goes off to look for the hubby to take her for a fru fru coffee drink instead*

Yow... ::clears throat:: Yorwrath is mine. Chrissy said so, and I'm a possessive little bitch of a dragon when it comes to pretty elves. Valentina can have fun with Aneurin and his pretty blond.

I'd be more worried Islwyn wants Valentina out of the way do he can have Aneurin all to himself.

... That is true... but after that ritual, I'm assuming that of course, he may want them both. Give her more of that incense and whatever they were drinking and Val would be game...

... That is true... but after that ritual, I'm assuming that of course, he may want them both. Give her more of that incense and whatever they were drinking and Val would be game...

Drug the poor girl? So getting my troll and redheaded witch and we're riding in there and save poor Val...who will be so grateful she will fall head over heals in love with me...cause I'm Carrie Sue LOL

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.