Click Here!

Are Reader Directed Stories Kosher

DevilDuck

I feel like I've asked this before...

Anyway I have in the past had some success with stories written in such a way that the readers would have a chance to suggest/vote on the course of action between episodes. I would like to give this another try here (meaning the archive) but I'm not sure the rules allow it.

I'm sure I would have to link to either the forums or off site for the discussion/voting, and I'd probably have to devote the author's note to explaining the setup but what I would really like to do, and what I'm sure I can't, is put the basic premise of the story before it starts. That's what I did with my other ones and part of what I think made them work.

The core of my question is how much of this can I get away with and is there any special tags (or what not) I would have to include?

We have had a couple of reader-directed stories posted here, and we do allow them, within certain parameters.

The voting and discussion does need to take place here on the forums, but if you use the threads where we have review replies, guests can read and respond to your post. This gives everyone a chance to vote and discuss the story.

The basic premise of the story can be treated as a prologue, I believe, which would make it story content. An author's note of no more than 600 words explaining how this works, with the url for the forum thread, is fine.

We don't have a specific tag for a reader-directed story, but we do ask that you tag for what content you think will be included, and if anything unexpected comes up, you can tag that specific chapter with the additional warnings as an author's note.

In short, we'll work with you to make this story work for you and the readers, within our ToS. We're good at that. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.