Click Here!

Edward_or_Ford - "Fistbump" replies

Edward_or_Ford

A bit of time, but mostly just felt the creative juices flowing again, finally. Chapters 7 & 8 actually got done at the same time. Chapter 9 is about 2/3 done now.

There will be 12 chapters, plus an Epilogue (which I've also already finished, and it's the best thing I've written yet. I'm really pleased with how that turned out. You'll see when it comes out at the very end.)

Still, over three chapters to slog out yet. The first Fistbump was 28,000 words. This beast is shaping up to maybe end up double that.

How about you? Anything coming from you soon?

Edward_or_Ford

A bit of time, but mostly just felt the creative juices flowing again, finally. Chapters 7 & 8 actually got done at the same time. Chapter 9 is about 2/3 done now.

There will be 12 chapters, plus an Epilogue (which I've also already finished, and it's the best thing I've written yet. I'm really pleased with how that turned out. You'll see when it comes out at the very end.)

Still, over three chapters to slog out yet. The first Fistbump was 28,000 words. This beast is shaping up to maybe end up double that.

How about you? Anything coming from you soon?

Edward_or_Ford

Funny how that length crap sneaks up on you. I reached 40 odd pages with Chapter 2 before I was satisfied with it. But man oh man am I satisfied, and the truth is that's the important part. Though maybe some folks are too easily satisfied with their work.

[Wax John Wilkes Boothe, I'm looking at you]

I'm working on the epilogue, but I'm having trouble getting traction with it; had to restart a couple times, still haven't got further than two pages in. Problem is that it's so nebulous compared to my visions for the rest of the trilogy, and lacking that solid story state is making rewriting easier than revising. Don't want to post crap when I feel the rest is so good by comparison... or maybe I'm so far up my own rabbit hole I'm having tea with a man in a funny hat. Who can say?

I'm working on the epilogue, but I'm having trouble getting traction with it; had to restart a couple times, still haven't got further than two pages in. Problem is that it's so nebulous compared to my visions for the rest of the trilogy, and lacking that solid story state is making rewriting easier than revising. Don't want to post crap when I feel the rest is so good by comparison... or maybe I'm so far up my own rabbit hole I'm having tea with a man in a funny hat. Who can say?

Yeah, I can't even imagine starting to write, let alone publish, any chapters of a story, and not having all the main elements of the plot set in stone in my mind.

I originally was going to write *all* of Fistbump 2 (like I did the original) before publishing any of it. When I got stuck on Chapter 7, I thought it was just a short delay, and I started putting out the first six, thinking I'd stay ahead when the writing came back. And, as you know, Chapter 7 took 3 months!

But my point is that as much as what I wrote for Chapter 7 changed over and over, the plot is still exactly the same as what I had envisaged for it back in April.

Oh, and I forgot the review over in the archive:

ForgetMeNaught 2015-08-12 id # 3000070786 I like this direction. Good ploy with the head injury, Mr. Ford.

I knew that it was important to rip Dipper down a bit more, and doing it this way gives him two good reasons for what will happen with him coming up. I think you've already guessed what he's going to do next, thinking it's going to help him cope.

Also, in case it hasn't been obvious yet, I decided (right from the 2nd section of Chapter 1) to make the story arc follow Mabel's methods of dealing with grief (the famous "five stages" of grief). The end of the first story marked the loss of the relationship, which was just becoming a reality as soon as the walked in the door to their house in California. For the first 6 chapters of the sequel, she's in stage 1 (denial), as she chooses to only *act* like its over, and even allows her denial to overcome the trauma of feeling violated. When Dipper unquestionably ends things at the end of chapter 6, stage 2 (anger) sets in. Stage 3 (bargaining) is where she's desperate to see what, if anything, can be done to repair things, and question what she could have done differently. When that runs out (end of Chapter 8), you get stage 4, which is depression.

So the awful tone of this story will continue for a bit longer. I wasn't kidding when I put "angst" into the story description five times!

Edward_or_Ford

Yeah, I can't even imagine starting to write, let alone publish, any chapters of a story, and not having all the main elements of the plot set in stone in my mind.

I originally was going to write *all* of Fistbump 2 (like I did the original) before publishing any of it. When I got stuck on Chapter 7, I thought it was just a short delay, and I started putting out the first six, thinking I'd stay ahead when the writing came back. And, as you know, Chapter 7 took 3 months!

But my point is that as much as what I wrote for Chapter 7 changed over and over, the plot is still exactly the same as what I had envisaged for it back in April.

I get that. I know what I want out of the epilogue, but it's stuck unfinished since I can't put it together in the right way...

I knew that it was important to rip Dipper down a bit more, and doing it this way gives him two good reasons for what will happen with him coming up. I think you've already guessed what he's going to do next, thinking it's going to help him cope.

Also, in case it hasn't been obvious yet, I decided (right from the 2nd section of Chapter 1) to make the story arc follow Mabel's methods of dealing with grief (the famous "five stages" of grief). The end of the first story marked the loss of the relationship, which was just becoming a reality as soon as the walked in the door to their house in California. For the first 6 chapters of the sequel, she's in stage 1 (denial), as she chooses to only *act* like its over, and even allows her denial to overcome the trauma of feeling violated. When Dipper unquestionably ends things at the end of chapter 6, stage 2 (anger) sets in. Stage 3 (bargaining) is where she's desperate to see what, if anything, can be done to repair things, and question what she could have done differently. When that runs out (end of Chapter 8), you get stage 4, which is depression.

So the awful tone of this story will continue for a bit longer. I wasn't kidding when I put "angst" into the story description five times!

Pfft. I'm not ticklish.

New review here...

kojivsleo blackshadow_629@hotmail.com 2015-08-13 id # 3000070790

I believe we have reached peak angst, hopefully it starts to normalize back to lower levels of it.

Reminds me of peak oil: the point at which it is reached is always later on than expected.

In this case, I'm sorry to say, "peak angst" is still to come. Sorry! :-P

Edward_or_Ford

I can understand Dipper's frustration. I myself was confined in a hospital bed after my open heart triple bypass (They told me I died on the table and they brought me back). I couldn't do anything for myself. Depression set in and i WANTED to die. I was mad that I had become an invalid. Sounds like it's going to get worse before it gets better

I can understand Dipper's frustration. I myself was confined in a hospital bed after my open heart triple bypass (They told me I died on the table and they brought me back). I couldn't do anything for myself. Depression set in and i WANTED to die. I was mad that I had become an invalid. Sounds like it's going to get worse before it gets better

Wow, I've never been through anything like that myself, but I'm pleased that I got across those feelings of frustration, and that they rang true to you.

Edward_or_Ford

There are some things in life that you have to experience for yourself to fully understand.The thrill of driving an Indy race car on the Indianapolis 500 track. The joy in meeting your idols, Mario Andretti and Danica Patrick. The experience of riding 200 miles per hour in an Indy two-seater with Andretti at the wheel The happiness of multiple lovers. The pain of the woman you love, want to marry and spend the rest of your life with miscarrying your child. The heartache when she says 'I don't love you anymore' and leaves.

Sorry, I'm babbling like a Brook(e Shields).

Edited by Belfry

Alright. But bringing this back to the particular subject matter of my story, does this right to marry extend to a brother and sister?

Ughh, I don't know! Personally, I don't think *I'd* be in favor of it (which shows how much of a hypocrite I am, that I find incest to be both attractive and immoral at the same time).

Weren't we all discussing smutty fan fiction?

:-)

Edward_or_Ford

Depends on the family dynamic. Step siblings? Adopted siblings? Raised as siblings? Half Siblings? Full siblings? Which one? As long as they are both legal age in that state, it's ok by me! Even if it fails and they get divorced, she will always be your sister

Edited by Belfry

• 2 weeks later...

Killgore 2015-09-01 id # 3000070841

This is one of the best stories that I have read. The sense of emotion reflects that of real life. You are highly talented at this, can't wait for the next chapter. Hope it comes soon. Great work

To you, and the other poster above, I appreciate the kind words.

As for when to expect the next chapter: hopefully not too long. But I've got to tell you, writing angsty stuff is killing me. Little bits of my soul die with every word I type. If I'd known this, I'd never have begun.

This is what you get when you follow the progress of a rookie writer. Sorry.

Finally...FINALLY...after FOUR TRIES...(and $29.99)...

GOT THE FREE UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED!

IThe problem was that some of my Windows System files were corrupted. Microsoft wanted $129 to fix it. Instead HP fixed it for $30 (My computer is an HP). Problem is now I have to UNLEARN Windows 7, and LEARN Windows 10...

Now for the SERIOUS stuff!

I am eagerly anticipating the next chapter! Your writing is getting better and better every chapter! Looks like it's not going to be easy for Mabel and Dipper, but once he gets past his depression and rage, I think he will become a better man.

Thanks guys. I'm glad at least a few of you are appreciating the non-sexual portion of the story. I conceived the chapter-by-chapter breakdown here back in March & April, but this section in retrospect has seemed more appropriate for my Tumblr audience.

Although I've been investing too much time there, and I just voluntarily cut myself back from Tumblr just last night. Too much risk, too much guilt at home.

Like I said, I'm hopeful that the next chapter will be done soon, and that the others will flow easier after that. Thanks.

Guest Killgore

What a great chapter I was so captivated by it. Great job the writing is still amazing. Continue what your doing so might think its weird but this is a great novel you should take pride in that. Don't let how others perceive you as stop what you enjoy. Again great story can't wait for other chapters.

Killgore 2015-09-07 id # 3000070856 This chapter was worth waiting for. The emotion that both are feeling brings great sorrow as well as the way in which each person deals with these problems. This is one of the best chapters with a great plot twist at the end. Hope the other chapters don't take long can't wait to read them.

What a great chapter I was so captivated by it. Great job the writing is still amazing. Continue what your doing so might think its weird but this is a great novel you should take pride in that. Don't let how others perceive you as stop what you enjoy. Again great story can't wait for other chapters.

Double shot of Killgore :-) Thanks, friend!

Don't worry, my "vision" for the story has never really wavered. I had been a bit apprehensive of the amount of "feels" that I was shoveling around, at least for a short while. But now I'm comfortable with the way I write (even when it's difficult to do). Yeah, sometimes it reads like a teenage girl writing this instead of a straight dude in his 40s, but it is what it is. :-)

Chapter 10 won't be nearly as lengthy, but I have yet to even begin typing it yet (I've got big chunks of Chapters 11 and 12 written, and the Epilogue has been completely done for weeks now: I should probably write in order). So I don't know when you'll see it. I know, sooner the better, but it'll come out when it's done, not before. The good news is that when Chapter 10 *is* done, the rest of the entire story should come out really quickly after that.

Stay tuned, and thanks again.

E-o-F

ForgetMeNaught

2015-09-10

id # 3000070861

It begins...

Sorry I didn't get the chance to read and review earlier, my friend. But you didn't disappoint! Bring the hurt!

Thanks, buddy. I've almost brought all the hurt I need to bring. Fuck, has it been painful to do. I'm never writing super-angsty stuff ever again!

Guest Killgore

I am wondering how the twins are going to deal with this new situation they being thrust into. I hope that they no longer experience that much pain again.

You have managed to portray these cartoon characters as having true emotion. It takes some talent to transform these characters into real people that you can feel for. My hats off to you sir great job.

I am wondering how the twins are going to deal with this new situation they being thrust into. I hope that they no longer experience that much pain again.

You have managed to portray these cartoon characters as having true emotion. It takes some talent to transform these characters into real people that you can feel for. My hats off to you sir great job.

I thank you again for the praise of my writing. I believe that it is somewhat undeserved, but no matter: I accept it!

You will find out how they finally deal with this situation eventually, I promise. I have more ideas in my head for additional stories in this Universe, and (this is a minor spoiler) I can guarantee that the subject matters of these subsequent stories will not be as difficult for me write. Since the ending of this story sets up the stories that will follow, take of that what you will.

(And fair warning, I was very careful with the wording of that last paragraph. Be careful what you deduce from it. Yes, I'm deliberately being a bit of a dick right now! :devil: )

I haven't made any progress yet in getting anything more into the keyboard: I need a lot of uninterrupted time to write, and time is a rare commodity for me right now. Please be patient with me. I guarantee you will not see another chapter out of me before the end of this month, and maybe not until closer to the end of next month. Sorry. If it comes earlier than that, consider it a bonus. Keep checking back.

E-o-F

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ed, do you know if your work has inspired any art or was there any art that helped inspire this story for you? I only ask because I stumbled upon a little Pincecest art music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXM4kL0FCnw

Some of the art made me immediately think of your work, especially one piece in particular where Dipper and Mabel are staring at each other over breakfast.

Hey Ed, do you know if your work has inspired any art or was there any art that helped inspire this story for you? I only ask because I stumbled upon a little Pincecest art music video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXM4kL0FCnw

Some of the art made me immediately think of your work, especially one piece in particular where Dipper and Mabel are staring at each other over breakfast.

No, that video was published long before I was even aware of the show, let alone started writing a fan fic.

And there was no inspiration for my story at all, other than the show itself. I was completely unaware of Pinecest fics or art, or even of the whole concept of fan fiction at all, before I had already completed "Fistbump". It was a "whole cloth" creation, as I have never visited AFF, FF.net, Tumblr, AO3, or any other fan fic repository before the day I decided to see if there was anywhere I could publish my story.

However, there *is* artwork inspired by the story: I know because I commissioned them! The artist is Pines X 2 on Tumblr.

Here they are:

tumblr_nty2tifojH1uu5ctro1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nty2tifojH1uu5ctro2_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nty2tifojH1uu5ctro3_r1_1280.jpg

Here's the link back to the Tumblr announcement.

E-o-F

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.