Click Here!

Devil Duck's Review Response and Reader Reaction Thread

DevilDuck

Now that my first complete story is up I thought it would be a good idea make one of these. I will use it to response to review while you can use it to harass me.

So far, on this site, I have completed:

Incomplete:

Edited by DevilDuck

• 3 months later...

I've gotten my first real review today in this case for my story Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive.

Oric13 said:

The sex scenes could be a bit more extensive and detailed but otherwise a fun and well-written story.

Well a generally positive review; the accusation of brevity has been made before and is something I might have to address.

A third review for Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive came in proving the popularity of fanfiction.

dest said:

I am enjoying this. Was a bit surprised about them being found so fast. Your intro to chapter 2 made me think it would go on longer. Hopefully see chapter 3 soon.

While the argument could be made that a near miss might have been better there would have only been room to really do that once before the inevitable discovery. By having it happen at the end of chapter 2 means that chapter 3, which is in the works, can start to deal with the fall out.

• 2 weeks later...

Oric13 came back to say this about Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive:

Chapter 3: That was quite a hot lil threesome. Good job upping the smut factor of this story.

Which is really nice since I felt I might have fallen down on that piece some. Threeways are a bit like girl-on-girl in that I'm never quite happy with how it ends up.

• 3 weeks later...

Anon said about Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive:

I would think Xander would get extremely mad at Buffy for continually accusing him of Parker level behavior and being a complete hypocrite considering she's slept with mass murderers that were centuries old. I'd love to see Xander, maybe Willow, completely lay into her for the way she's treating Xander.

That sort of confrontation is not likely to happen soon as Buffy is now on a different continent as the happy couple. The reason it hasn't happened already is the fact that Xander isn't entirely comfortable with what he's done; there's part of him that remembers Dawn as a little kid and that makes him feel skeevy. They did call her out on the age difference thing.

A bit controversially I do have to say that, despite how much the fandom dumps on him, Parker wasn't rapist. He rhymes with hunt don't get me wrong but pretending to be better than, nicer than you really are so people will like/sleep with you isn't a crime. What Faith did to Xander in The Zeppo is much closer to rape; what she did to Riley when she was walking around in Buffy's skin almost definitely was.

LouiseFairfax73 said about Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive:
I seems to me that Buffy is just jealous that Dawn got to Xander before she did. I also think that Buffy is just acting out of spite that someone who isn't her is being happy with someone else.
Also, I can't wait for the Faith/Vi/Dawn/Xander grouping (then maybe just Dawn/Faith).
But that's just me.
Keep up the good work ;)
Oddly that first bit is almost canon; in the Season Eight comic, which this story is not compatible with, when Xander and Dawn ended up together Buffy made a declaration of love to him and he called her out over it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another Xander & Dawn review:

Albino87 said:

Great story
One of the few stories that have Dawn/Xander paring.
Wondering how long until Xander take command in the relationship and teach Dawn a lesson.
Keep the chapter coming

That relationship reversal is coming and is expected in as little as two more chapters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"A Special Boy" is one of the best I've read. Any chance of another chapter or any similar stories?

More of it; no. The plot had gotten away from me, the path I had planned and had even started to seed was no longer viable brought the story to close rather than trying to introduce a new plot eight chapters in.

Something similar; maybe? Because of its content post A Special Boy or similar stories to the other sites I post stories to so I have less incentive to those stories. BUT it is the type of thing that's in my wheelhouse so I might write some sort of anthology, so I don't have to worry about a larger plot, or if sufficiently motivated I might take a run at one of the sequels I'd considered.

• 6 months later...
Guest richard kulisz

I detect an interesting pattern in your original stories. Every one of them is a Lawful Good character fucking another character alignment.

1. 3 girls is about 2 girls taken in by 4 psychopaths (chaotic evil).
  2. a special boy is about a situation set up by a narcissist (neutral evil). I think narcissists must revolt you given you wrote him off screen.
  3. teacher's pet is about a right-wing authoritarian teacher (lawful evil).
  4. a daughter's revenge involves an emasculated lazy do-nothing unthinking corrupt clingy stagnating dereistic father (true neutral). and good for her! I hate those sons of bitches.
  5. kent family is chaotic good.
  6. And I haven't read the others yet but they seem lawful neutral and chaotic neutral.

So you are systematically surveying level 3 erotica elements by character alignment. You are missing a story where the characters are soulmates and another where they have a romance (a love that goes to extremes). Although if you wanted to survey ALL of level 3 you would need another 27 stories.

Your unoriginal fiction about archetypes is level 5, but level 5 always involves the least creativity. Your Xander in your Xander and Dawn fic is an emasculated clingy unthinking stagnating dereistic ... on and on. Man, I love the fact he's getting screwed over and denied what he wants. Vi also seems that type

It took actual effort to nail down Faith's personality type since you only gave her 4-6 lines or so but it's Lawful Neutral just like Humphrey Bogart and Danny Ocean. Yeah, that explains her feeling excluded now. Good job by the way, I never realized that was her personality type in canon, nor why Joss threw her in jail (as he is a psychopath).

• 1 month later...

Can I say that I have no idea what you mean by 'level 3' or '5'?

Oh well moving on; I got another review this time of Teacher's Pet.

JustS said:

I would have preferred a little more build-up and detail (and chapter two just seems to be empty for me (!)) but this is definitely good. Bravo.

Which was helpful as it let me know the one chapter had glitched out.

Got a review of my new “series” A Special Boy: Summer Shorts

Hungry-Orange-Squirrel said: 

Great story, would love to see more. Here's a scenario suggestion I think would be hot. Billy embarasses an older male teen in school by accidentally tripping him so he falls into a trash can. When the older teen's Mom asked him what happened he says that he got beat up by an older bully in school. The mom insists on going over to Billy's house to give him a talking to with the older male in tow. At Billy's house the mom is amazed at his cock and has crazy sex with him, including anal and throat-fucking with her head hanging off the edge of the bed.

So I’m glad you liked what I wrote but I’m not going to go with your suggestion. First, I don’t think it fits Billy’s character. Second, I’m not really into NTR. And third, it sounds a lot like a story that Slutwriter already wrote; just read his.

I also got a review for an older series Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive

Magnusxxz said:

Not as fun as earlier chapters. Where are you going with this? Hope to read more soon, see what happens next. Keep up the good work.

I am aware that this (number 8) is a shorter, talker chapter but don’t worry the next one is coming soon and it’s going to be longer. And also kind of talky.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently there are a trio of stories on here that are both adult-fanfiction exclusive and influenced more by reader feedback than any thing else.

Shards of Reality: Sunnydale was meant to be reader directed, where I would take the most popular requests and turn them into the plot of the next chapter. That didn’t really work. I’m going to give what’s there a polish and then try to relaunch things with a more structured system for input.

A Special Boy: Summer Shorts and Dr. Nichols’ Family Therapy are both currently just one-shots with a format for future expansion in place. The former is meant to be a bucket to catch (almost) all of the hung shota stories I’m willing to write that people suggest. The latter is meant to be about a therapist who believes that sex is the best way to fix a families problems once someone suggests some family combos that need help.

• 2 weeks later...

Added another final chapter to Teacher’s Pet and it already got a review.

ANON said:

Bring misty to teacher's home and let the great dane have a go at her. She could become its new bitch and buster and teacher their masters, lol.

Yeah that’s not going to happen (probably). I never meant to write this chapter, I went a year and a half with writing it, because I felt that the story was basically complete. That feeling was strong enough that even after I had my moment of inspiration I went months without seeing it through.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve gotten two reviews of my new Buffy fan-fic Aspect of the Demon:

ANON said:

Not much to say since it's still early but it has a promising start to say the least. If you go through with the pregnancy part that would be amazing and/or further transformation but I suppose that might be a bit too weird for some. In any case looking forward to seeing what you come up with. 

and another ANON said:

Very nice start. Can't wait to read more, see Faith's turn. Update soon.

As I said in the blurb the plot was supplied by someone else and it is therefore up to them as to whether or not the story continues and what direct it takes. Right now they seem more interested in having me write something else (though on a similar theme).

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I also got another review for Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive

Magnusxxz said:

Just noticed there is in fact no Xander/Faith sex in this story. How is that possible? Lets have the happen soon? Or at least give Faith a strap on to use on Dawn. Ohh, a Xander/Dawn/Faith sandwich.

): )

That is more likely to be a separate story at this point.

• 10 months later...

It’s been a while since I’ve done this (like ten months) but there’s been some reviews in that time so here we go.

In regards to Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive

colinzeal said:

God I love this story. You come up with some great pairings. I particularly liked Kennedy/Xander and the demon with Faith/Dawn (though I was gutted you cut away from the good stuff with Dawn!). This story is so hot and you make the characters totally believable. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Which is always nice to hear.

Magnusxxz said:

Need an update. Still don't know why Faith wasn't invited at least once. The double Xander on Dawn was fun, could have done a 5 Xander gangbang on her too though.

): )

I think the Finale might give them some joy; not the 5 Xander thing but Faith does get into the action.

saxman66 said:

Very entertaining, both the sex sessions and the way Xander struggles to handle a sex-craxed Dawn getting them both into more and more extreme encounters, even when she doesn't intend to.  This last chapter is very tender and makes a good counterpoint to the previous ones.

Another thing that is nice to hear.

Edited by DevilDuck

More reviews, this time for Aspect of the Demon.

Magnusxxz said:

In need of an update to see how Buffy & Faith go. And very curious how many other women Buffy plans on planting her demonic baby sause in.

and

We need a second chapter with Faith, maybe even Willow as well. Update!!!

and

Still waiting to see Faith's turn. And whoever Buffy decides to try and knock up afterwards. Come baaaack.

I just did (posting three chapters when I did actually).

Actually I had forgot to post chapter four of Aspect of the Demon (even though I said I had) so back I come. And there was a review.

Magnusxxz said:

Very happy to see updates! Thought this might have been abandoned. Now, Buffy fucked them both, Fiath grew a dick, then while she went at Dawn's ass, Buffy had Faith's. All very good. But I hope you aren't forgetting the part about knocking up Dawn.

Or all the women in Sunnydale. That was extra hot.

The wheels are in motion, plans have been made, and side stories have been written.

I also got a new review for Xander & Dawn: To Feel Alive.

Saxman66 said:

Excellent.  Read the previous chapters when I 1st joined the site a couple of months ago and good to see an update. Very entertaining story and nicely ironic to see Dawn, the innocent younger daughter being so adult in both meanings of the word.

I wonder if Blue will be staying around and if so how much interaction he will have with the group. Going to be awkward explaining him to any visitors. ;)

I’m glad you liked it but that is it, the story is done.

That being said there is nothing stopping me from exploring similar ideas in a different context later.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.