Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

With the stress of a kiss tearing them up what would sex do?? Don't know where you're going with this but will defer to your writers instinct on this. What is Kayla trying to do? Prove that he is true in his devotion to her? One hell of a stress test !!!

B

Edited by Rescue25

The story and the decisions are always the choices of the author.

However, consider what you have already established as Jack's character. He's trustworthy, honest to a fault and absolutely committed to his relationship with Kayla. He does not take commitment or his word lightly, i.e., his word is his bond.

His strength and consistency of character would not permit him to take such an action despite desires he probably has. However, his early on solid positon on incestuous sex was totally negative thus no matter how strongly he loves Tara, he is hardly likely to be interested in having sex with her on that basis alone.

Combine that with the rift caused by the erroneous kiss and Jack's inviolable dedication to keeping his relationship with Kayla intact and I think his judgment would tell him his decision must be to forego the pleasure that might result, that momentary pleasure not being worth the more likely pain of a lost relationship with Kayla,

Some of the comments I have read have caused me to think somewhat about character, behaviors and choices. Over the course of my life, I have come to the conclusion that a great deal if not all of one's character is innate. Behaviors are learned and unlearned over a lifetime by a means of trial and error combined with the pleasure/pain reward system.

Young children learn certain behaviors are unacceptable because of the response of adults in the form of punishment of whatever form and that other behaviors are preferable or desirable by the positive reward mechanism.

I perceive Jack as defined by his behaviors thus far as someone with strong beneficent character, an excellent role model type. He did one thing which he attributed to malicious intent on behalf of himself in telling Craig's next potential victim what she was potentially getting drawn into.

His actions were entirely valid and moral given the circumstance and if anything his failure to provide that same information to Kayla ib the beginning was of less than noble intent, i.e., to foster his chance to have a relationship with her after Craig had hurt her.

So while Jack is not perfect and no one is, he is someone firmly and strongly grounded in doing the right thing based on his judgment and experience.

So in my judgment, the bottom line is, Jack would be acting seriously out of character to take the suggestion and act on it.

Based on the character definition thus far developed, I think for consistency, Jack has to talk seriously to Tara and explain to her that while he loves her and values her as a friend over and beyond the familial relationship, that he has made a commitment of fidelity to Kayla and that he cannot recant on that promise and remain honorable in his own conscience.

Just my $0.02 worth (okay, maybe $0.03 :think: )

Bill

My personal opinion on the matter of the cliffhanger is that it needs to be acknowledged and talked out but with the PTSD effects and other things happening ATT, needs to be put off at least until Tara's family finishes their move into the area.

NOTE that I am not saying that they should not kiss, cuddle, or even actually sleep together (most likely as a threesome) but that the emphasis in those interactions should be helping HIM through his emotional quagmire to ground which is a little bit more solid.

I also want to weigh in on the inclusion of Becky in dealing with the issue: try having Becky initiate a sit-down with Kayla and Jack as well. The statement that she KNOWS what Jack is going through will be a huge help for him and will help to cement her in the story as well by allowing him to help HER without becoming actually involved with her outside of that interaction.

Guest daddy's  girl

Hey Joe,

Now please atleast give us a hint that how much more days we have to live like a dead for chapter 21 because I am eagerly want to know what jack will do ????

With lots of love and big hug

Hey guys :) I'm a little tipsy right now so I'm not sure why I'm posting but I wanted to let you guys know that you are all fantastic fans and it means the world to me to have you read and support my story. I'm a little ways into Chapter 21 since Thanksgiving kind of derailed a few plans, but I'm working really hard on it right now and I'll hopefully have it up soon :) coz you guys are awesome

i followed magus here and the other day i was browsing through the list and i found she is the one here i was reading religiously on the other site so when u left i was left with a void in my life but when i found this today it was like christmas came early so thanks for continuing and im sorry for all the bs drama else glad to see you still at

At first I thought Jack was too perfect as well, but I soon realised it was written out of his perspective.

Recently I've been watching a show called the affair, which describes events as remembered by two different people. Clearly this produces two very different accounts and it's impossible to know what really happened.

I think chapter 20 is the best one yet. Keep it up, I'm more invested in this story than the Joe Abercrombie I'm reading, and he is one of my favourite authors.

ps. IMO jack should say no, but Kayla should convince him to go for it.

I realize that I'm a little late to the "Fuck Tara: Yes / No" debate, but I may as well toss in my two cents.

Women, from personal experience as well as debacles I've seen others suffer through, have a tendency to set guys up. They may not even realize that they're doing it. A situation like Jack's, where Kayla has given him the green light to plow Tara, is, subconsciously, a test of his fidelity. Even if Kayla's intentions are good (debatable), she may experience serious buyer's remorse after the fact. That's one thing women can do that men can't - retroactively change their mind and feel justified in their rising anger. Dudes can't do this. It's not in our DNA.

That said, if you do decide to have Jack and Tara get it on, in order to be realistic, you'll have practically zero but to have Kayla use it against him. That's how this shit works.

Guest PuffTheMagicD

First off what I want to say is no no,no,no no,no,no,no,no, NO! Emma Watson, No! If Kayla is supposed to be a beautiful woman, you want an actress that embodies that not some pissed off, angry bitch with the body of a twelve y/o boy (Emma Watson). If some one were to play Kayla it would have to be someone with a certain "girl next door" kind of beauty who doesn't have a resting bitch face. Now I understand there are some Harry Potter fans who like here but.... no no,no,no no,no,no,no,no

Guest A pretty kitty

Jashley you forgot the reality check! Or are you saving it? And if you hadn't realized already, you have the most loyal fan base I've ever seen. Justin Bieber doesn't have shit on your fan base. Seriously, look at the attention to detail everyone pays to this story...

Lol well called

Guest Tit_Nibbler

I also think that Jack should go for it because well he's a teenager and when was the last time you heard a teenage boy say "oh yeah, I turned down a threesome the other day" u to were a 16 year old Jashley what would u have done. Either way chapter 21 (you stupid) will be awesome :)

Guest The_crimson_glow

First off what I want to say is no no,no,no no,no,no,no,no, NO! Emma Watson, No! If Kayla is supposed to be a beautiful woman, you want an actress that embodies that not some pissed off, angry bitch with the body of a twelve y/o boy (Emma Watson). If some one were to play Kayla it would have to be someone with a certain "girl next door" kind of beauty who doesn't have a resting bitch face. Now I understand there are some Harry Potter fans who like here but.... no no,no,no no,no,no,no,no

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡ D:

Guest PuffTheMagicD

Thank you sir, Addison Timlin is a beautiful woman with a very girl next door appearance thank you sir. Not to mention the fact that she actually has the body of a woman

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.