Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

Have to admit that Cat and the girls could take me on and do great harm to me now. And I would not look good with either pink or blue nail polish. That was over 20 years ago. Also Magus it is no fun to have a computer fire your weapon. First 1000 yd was with the Winchester 70 .300 in 1974. Magus liked your bell ringer. Nice.

Don't use the damn balistic computer either...takes too damn long. I learned my craft when sniping was an art, you had to have skill, not just push a button.

My shot was with an old Barret's bolt action single shot, and it was a snapshot, less than five seconds from aquiring the target to putting it down - I did have a really good spotter though, that helps a lot. he gave me spot on distance and windage.

Oh these kids today...clicky here and clicky there and then the wind chages and they have to get the computer to redo everything and thirty minutes later they're ready to shoot...but the target went home and is having lunch!

I don't sound like grumpy old man do I? :o

Edited by magusfang

Guest Guest

Wouldn't the Carter name be.done even if marge and may don't marry. Marge is divorced Carter wasn't the maiden name.

Good point, May could marry Marge and Marge take Johansson and then the Carter name would go the way of the Doddo

Like I said you and sniper014 should have a match with Amy.

I try not do do social work now. Any distance I would prefer 12 guage with cyl bore. Close in I have to use a laser.

:dance:

B

My first 1000 yds was in 1974 when I was 24 and the 3/4 mile was in 1993 when I was 43. Last one was just to prove to myself and team members that I still had it in me. It took me four tries to hit the target. One high, one low and last two on target. No computers involved. Just spotter and me going against mother nature. Might be able to hit 500 yds now with both lens replace in my eyes to take care or cataracts. Like I said first was a .300 Winchester 70 and last was my custom built .50 with 10x scope.

I just love this story.. so when I get chance I start it over from the beginning. that's why lots of questions pop up in my mind because when the bitg was written there was no scope for the thorough conversation between author and enthusiastic readers (like me ;) ) so I tend to ask them away.. I don't intend to pry.

When he wrote BITG it was on the site that we do not mention here and the only way to leave him comments was in the reviews of each chapter. Move the book to this site when the other started inforcing stupid rules to just certain writers. When he moved both books here he set up this forum for us to talk to him on a daily bases. We can still write to him through the reviews of the chapters. And yes he does like us to give him some feedback. Like he says, if he likes the suggestions he will steal them from you. Also we know when he was recovering from injuries from his job because we would read a chapter and say WTF. Where was his head when he wrote that part. We would comment and he would thank us and inform us that he took our comments to heart and would see about making the changes. So it does not hurt to ask him questions about the story because sometimes he gets the characters mixed up and we let him know that certain people can not be in two places at the same time. So keep reading and asking the questions.

Sniper is a Senior! :lol: The only thing that I had against those chapters was that he had goodies and wasn't sharing with us. I went to brand x and there was an anonymous reader asking what happened to bitg and explained why it had disappeared there. Hey fangface there's your next story bithg (Boy in the High grass) about a weed loving sniper who always shoots high. :lol:

Guest crazychickhull

Now, now children, settle down. I'm pretty sure that magus isn't giving out prizes for the youngest reader...

How about for the craziest?

Guest gamascal@gmail.com

Although who knows what convoluted prize he would give

How about the oldest at 65. Age before beauty.....as the saying goes. :kilt:

Almost sounds like some are too young to be here AND some of us are almost too OLD!!

B

I admit that I am over sixty but my dad use to say that you are only as old as you feel and I feel really young. I admit that I have seen things in my life that has scared me sometimes and did things that would have scared other people but like I told Magius, if i could do it over again I would if it meant makeing someone elses life better. I please my wife everyday by doing things for her just because I want to.

Almost sounds like some are too young to be here AND some of us are almost too OLD!!

B

I can't see how is it anyone's business!!! whoever is interested and have access to Internet can read the stories or joined the forum.. I don't think anyone have the right to object. no offense. :)

I admit that I am over sixty but my dad use to say that you are only as old as you feel and I feel really young. I admit that I have seen things in my life that has scared me sometimes and did things that would have scared other people but like I told Magius, if i could do it over again I would if it meant makeing someone elses life better. I please my wife everyday by doing things for her just because I want to.

great sir I think your wife is a lucky person.. :) there are very few people who put efforts to make their wife happy when they reach the age line of 60.. :)

Sniper is a Senior! :lol: The only thing that I had against those chapters was that he had goodies and wasn't sharing with us. I went to brand x and there was an anonymous reader asking what happened to bitg and explained why it had disappeared there. Hey fangface there's your next story bithg (Boy in the High grass) about a weed loving sniper who always shoots high. :lol:

I am younger then you by a year and a half. :D And I never used mind inducing items :drool2: . Pain pills only for injuries but stopped them as soon as possible because I did not want them to mess me up. I saw many of my friends get messed up on the drugs. When I missed on the last shot is because I misjudged the wind and heat on the first two shots. The desert in California can do that to a shooter. Corrected and hit the target. I still think it was a lot of luck on the last two shots. :2tubs:

Edited by Sniper014

I can't see how is it anyone's business!!! whoever is interested and have access to Internet can read the stories or joined the forum.. I don't think anyone have the right to object. no offense. :)

You are new here Sam and what you see is all the followers of Magus having a good time ribbing each other. No one has every told anyone on this site that they could not be here. The only one that can do that is the administator of this site and that is if you are under age. Have fun reading his and everyone elses stories here. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sniper014

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.