Click Here!

Uploading Avatar

Guest Guest-Winters_Snow

Guest Guest-Winters_Snow

I've tried repeatedly after making my avatar to upload it and it doesn't work. It is under the 15 KB limit and I really don't understand why it won't work. Help please?! ><

Guest D.A. Maxwell
I tried three different file types (jpg, gif, png), and none of 'em worked for me either. Short file name, images no bigger than 8k, and the images themselves are 77x80.

Umm... I've been trying for a few days to upload an avatar, and same problem-- it wasn't working.

Then, when I went to View Avatars... lo and behold, it was there! O.o

It was a 50x50 jpg.

... Problem now is, I hadn't realized that by uploading an avatar for my use, that made it public for anyone's use. XD So I was wondering if there was a way to remove an avatar??

Umm... I've been trying for a few days to upload an avatar, and same problem-- it wasn't working.

Then, when I went to View Avatars... lo and behold, it was there! O.o

It was a 50x50 jpg.

... Problem now is, I hadn't realized that by uploading an avatar for my use, that made it public for anyone's use. XD So I was wondering if there was a way to remove an avatar??

not sure on that. I believe that would be an admin function, to remove the file.

I'll try again with those file specs for image size, and see if it works for me.

Guest deadguy

i have the same problem its there but nnot on the list touse an i dont really want my custom made avi to be 'that' public since once u use u already made itsucceptable to leechers

i have the same problem its there but nnot on the list touse an i dont really want my custom made avi to be 'that' public since once u use u already made itsucceptable to leechers

We're actually having a problem with the graphics library on the host server at the moment, which is why the uploading doesn't quite want to work. manta2g is getting with that tech to get it upgraded, and to install another graphics engine as well for our use for it. As to privatizing the avatar, I don't believe that's possible.

Leeching I can find, track and stop, as they'd be leeching bandwidth from our host server. That's something that I actually monitor for.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I try to upload my avatar so it will show up in my profile on AFF, but it does not. However, after going to take a look at "View All Avatars" all the avatars I have uploaded are there. They just aren't on my profile so how do I get my avart to show up on my profile at AFF?

I would say after you upload it, you then select it from the dropdown that is available.

What drop-down menu? This is what I get when I go to my Member panel:

Story Functions

• Add story

• Edit Story

• Delete Story

Profile / Avatars

• Edit Profile

• View Profile

• Upload Avatar

• View All Avatars

• Remove Reviews

When I click on "Upload Avatar" I have only this option:

Select files to upload!.

Max file size = 10KB

File 1:

When I click on "View All Avatars" I get that whole display of uploaded avatars but no drop-down menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Hellooo! I see other people are having this problem too! Well, I just tried uploading my own avatar, meeting the requirements and well under 15kb and it looks like it uploads but I don't find it anywhere in the dropdown or the 'view all avatars' section. There's a lot to go through, but I did and didn't see mine there. I tried uploading it a few days ago (originally) thinking maybe the admin team had to process it before it became avail. but I went to check and still didn't see it. Tried uploading it again with the same problem -- it's just not there. I hope this gets fixed soon! =DD

Hellooo! I see other people are having this problem too! Well, I just tried uploading my own avatar, meeting the requirements and well under 15kb and it looks like it uploads but I don't find it anywhere in the dropdown or the 'view all avatars' section. There's a lot to go through, but I did and didn't see mine there. I tried uploading it a few days ago (originally) thinking maybe the admin team had to process it before it became avail. but I went to check and still didn't see it. Tried uploading it again with the same problem -- it's just not there. I hope this gets fixed soon! =DD

What is your operating system?

Guest Guest_kawanale_*
edit profile. It allows you to reselect your avatar

Yep, it finally worked. Did have to scroll a long way to find my avatar.

Okay, that explains alot. Apparently Vista has problems with much older coded stuff. So, I'll file this as a bug, while we work it out. I have this problem also on my Vista machine, but haven't tried on my XP machine. However, bet that's what it is, as so many others have successfully uploaded.

Okay, that explains alot. Apparently Vista has problems with much older coded stuff. So, I'll file this as a bug, while we work it out. I have this problem also on my Vista machine, but haven't tried on my XP machine. However, bet that's what it is, as so many others have successfully uploaded.

Ohhh I see! Yeah I'm pretty new to Vista but I don't have access to a computer with XP at the moment (and my desktop is still in storage) so I'm hoping that's what the problem is! lol. Thank you so much!

here's the thing then, that can be done for those of you with Vista (and I tell you what I seriously HATE this OS). I can, alternately, upload the files for you.

If you're forum members, you should be able to pm me the avvy. If you've not got enough posts to do that, you can always email it to me at forums@adult-fanfiction.org. As I said, I have several machines. Only the ONE is cursed with Vista, thankfully. So, we can at least get this sorted out.

• 1 month later...
Guest BadWolfArianna
here's the thing then, that can be done for those of you with Vista (and I tell you what I seriously HATE this OS). I can, alternately, upload the files for you.

If you're forum members, you should be able to pm me the avvy. If you've not got enough posts to do that, you can always email it to me at forums@adult-fanfiction.org. As I said, I have several machines. Only the ONE is cursed with Vista, thankfully. So, we can at least get this sorted out.

Alas... Vista. I have been having my own troubles with that accursed OS. But you can't order a computer without one apparently. (I tried...) Well, I've been having the same trouble, but I will try the suggestions listed here and go that route... Are avatars listed in a specific order or just recent to older additions?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.