Click Here!

How to kill the red page of DOOOOOOOM!

DemonGoddess

Okay, as we all know, the site has been testing clean all along, on various sites which check this, such as Norton and McAfee. Not to mention the service we're now subscribed to.

So, I kept seeing where the malware warning was showing adultfanfictionnet.net as the actual culprit. Thing is, it's a pointer domain with NO FILES ON IT. Not anywhere. So, that being the case, with it being a domain with no files, it shouldn't kick ANY kind of error.

Searched the entire site, to see if there were still some paths floating around from last September when we bought the domain when this one expired. I found them, and changed them back to the domain path. By the way, there never was any sort of linking in any file to "edithfilms.ch" whatever the hell THAT is. <_<

Anyway, now that the paths no longer exist, Chrome users need to CLOSE Chrome, and then restart it. You should no longer see the warning.

Please let me know if you do.

I still got it after closing but a dump of the cookies and cache got it up and going fine. No more Red Screen of Pain In My Ass on Chome! Great job, DG!

I cleared my cookies and cache and I restarted Google Chrome, I still got it ._. I'm not worried no more, but it's still a pain in the ass for me. As I love to say, Google Chrome you bitch.

How far back did you clear? On Chrome you can set the option to how far back you want to go, so you'll need to choose the 4 weeks option at least.

The Beginning of Time option I believe. I just cleared it shortly before I logged on and got the first red page of doom, so I didn't even have four weeks on here.

EDIT: I will say though, if I go from forum to Adulfanfiction via that button up there, I don't get it at all. Maybe it's finally fixed for me!

Edited by Shunskitten

Guest blackfox

I"m afraid nothing is fixed for me. I'm still getting the notice when I hit the main page, the forums... everything. I'm using Firefox, so the be blunt, I went ahead and unclicked the box under the browser's Security options that blocks reported attack sites. I'm going to rely on my firewall and my anti-virus software. Once I unclick that box, the problems disappear, so the mods are right - it's not a malicious malware issue. It's a malicious little bast*** reporting the site to Google and other search providers issue. While I'm not suggesting that people disable all of their malware detectors, it's one way of getting around the issue with this particular site, until the false reporting to Google stops.

It was fine for a little while after I cleared my cache and cookies and that but today it's back and it's not just the main site for me now but the forums as well.This is what chrome is saying:

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2550 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 920 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-03-12, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-03-12.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including edithfilms.ch/, sinvastatin.com.ar/, djiki.info/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including aukro4u.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36444 (NEXCESS).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, adult-fanfiction.org appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 12 site(s) including adultfanfictionnet.net/, readershavechosen.com/, freeze.com/.

sorry guys but i used Chrome today and got the Malware for both the main site and forums...so i am using the Comodo that i downloaded the last time i talked to you guys and its fine...just a heads up! Dang google needs to fix this!

I turned off the alert option for Chrome for now. I'd left it on so I could see if it was happening, but I'm ready to tear my hair out with that red screen.

I tried calling the NYC number for Google, and it rang for quite a bit before going to voicemail with no identification as a Google number. -.- We are NOT amused.

I have a good firewall in place via my router, and I update my AV daily. I also have Spybot's TeaTimer running in the background at all times, and I check regularly with MalwareBytes. This is why I feel safe turning off the option.

Having said that, you go to Settings, then open Advanced Settings, and in the section headed Privacy, uncheck the option that says "Enable phishing and malware protection." That's it, pretty much.

But you need to remember that this will mean that you won't get warnings from any site, not just AFF's false warnings.

Guest SapphicJade

I got it to work through my chrome by redoing my bookmark. I had to delete the old one I was using and bookmark it again. I'm on a Mac of that makes a difference. I closed then reopened Chrome and even restarted my laptop but still got it. Redoing the bookmark worked though.

I haven't had it since my last post. My anti-virus updated recently (I have Avast). For me it's fixed, I'm not getting it on the forums either. Thank goodness!

I haven't stumbled upon this technical frustration. o_O. I use Chrome for just about everything these days. I visited this site on and off and didn't get any red screen of doom. Sucks that it's yet to hinder down for everyone else. -.-.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Errant

Sometimes Chrome gives me the red page of non-trust when I go to google.com. So google....is saying it doesn't trust....google.

Thanks for your work, but I think it's probably more of a problem with chrome.

• 2 months later...

Just got the red page myself today. I'm using Firefox 21. Yet when I did it on Chrome just now it didn't give me the red page of doom.

I mostly got it on the Birthdate Verifacation Page for the games and the naruto section (I have firefox clear all cookies when I exit out so that page comes up whenever I go to the bookmarks of stories I'm following).

Tried clearing my cookies but they came up again and again until I click the "let me still go to the site" button. Then I cleared the cookies to check and everything was fine. Funny thing though this is the fifth time today once for each section I visited [games, naruto, harry potter] only reason it was five was cause my wireless bumbed me off and I had to restart my computer and I went to get back into the story I was reading and it did the sign again for both the games and naruto sections.

Sometimes I hate google and their stupid useless "this site is bad" warning.

Edited by AlcyoneBlack

The thing with the site warning pages, is that the whole thing is automated. So, once it kicks from an automated process (whether from a report or a real issue), then the webmaster has to file a report and wait while they review the site to tell me that, nope, no problem.

All we all can do now is wait for it to go away.