Click Here!

Battle Mod Installed

DemonGoddess

How to use it...

You can browse the member db, or look at a topic, whatever you want, select attack

Then choose your weapon.

Other users do NOT have to be online for you to attack them, just as YOU do not have to be online to be attacked.

You are limited to 4 attacks per day

There is a store for this mod where you can buy potions and such.

All points are compatible to each other.

Bank is still in the IbStore

Hmmm, I really think that participating should be optional. Because, I have no idea how to do this, what to do, and people just keep attacking me. It's not something I want to partake of, so maybe we need to make it an "optional" thing where you have to sign up to play.

Someone it doesn't seem fair if a few know how to play and others don't, ya know?

JMHO

Warmly,

You autorevive after 2 hours, or someone can revive you, for one.

You can "opt out" if you choose.

To attack another user, you click the attack link when you're in a topic, or in their profile from the battle mod tab. At that point, you select a weapon. Weapon use is dependant on your strength levels at the time.

I would revive you, but I'm dead too at the moment. :hug:

...and if you do so choose, make sure and realise that it also seems to delete all naughty points on hand and not just those somehow related to the game. (I think there was a warning message but I mis-read it and thought it only applied to those somehow related to the game).

Meh, just a heads up. I got enough in the bank that I won't miss 9-10000 or so, but some of youse might :hug:

There also doesn't seem to be any option to opt back in, but I'm cool with that too!

How do you "Opt out".

No offense, and I know it is alot of fun for folks, but I just find it depressing to sign on and get a message saying I've been "killed" this or that many times. So, someone please tell me how to "Opt out" I'll just put all my naughty points in the bank ahead of time.

Warmly,

You autorevive after 2 hours, or someone can revive you, for one.

To attack another user, you click the attack link when you're in a topic, or in their profile from the battle mod tab. At that point, you select a weapon. Weapon use is dependant on your strength levels at the time.

I would revive you, but I'm dead too at the moment. :hug:

Eh, I just find it mean to attack people when they aren't online or what not. It's not at all like AD&D or RPG's (which I have played for nearly 29 years). I even enjoy stuff like D2, AOW, etc. But this battle mod just seems unbalanced to me. People could just gang up on others they didn't like and kill them continuously. I don't like to do that to folks. So just tell me how to Opt Out (Couldn't find any way to do it in the attack shop or tutorial). Thanks in advance.

(Maybe post a little thing in the tutorial explaining how to opt out, as I know several folks who would be interested in how to Opt out).

To Opt Out:

Click My Controls at top of forum. (This link, if it don't work use the one at the top.)

Scroll down left column to "IbProBattle" section, click "Your Settings"

Click to tick the "I do not want to participate in ibProBattle" option, then click 'update Settings'

Eh, I just find it mean to attack people when they aren't online or what not.
Well, I can see that. Although it's not like you would fight any differently if you were online.

Near as i can tell, if your character (you) survive(s) the first attack, you automatically retaliate with the strongest weapon you have the strength to use.

If you dies, you come back in 2 hours. No one can attack you while you're dead.

There's a limit of four attacks per time period, so you can't just roll over the dead bodies to get to the next one (dammit).

I think it just encourages players to check the boards regularly, to see if they need to use a strength or health restorative.

I have no idea what's going on but it may have something to do with this.

I have no points on hand or in the bank despite the fact that I had purchased a bank account after the upgrade.

I don't think I've been attacked because I have no PMs stating that. I've opted out just to be on the safe side.

If it does have something to do with this, can someone let me know? The points on hand weren't a major issue, but I had more than 100 million points in the bank and I consider that a major loss.

@Eve---This would not have affected your bank points AT ALL.

As far as attacking, yes, you can attack random members (which is what I did, just for the hell of it...tho I mostly picked on other MODS).

If you die, you come back in two hours, full strength and hp. Keith is right, you cannot be attacked while you're dead.

The probattle option also gives you points. I would suggest if a user chooses to opt out, to bank their points (all of them) then opt out. That way you shouldn't LOSE anything.

I'm considering making the time limit a bit shorter, so that those of us who like the mod can use it more. However, I set it low for a reason, to try and make it fair.

I would like to make a few notes here, since I just found out a few.

1: You can only attack people within 2 levels of you (Might be able to attack people 3 levels higher, but I'm not sure.) This means, my idea of attacking inactive members no longer works... When I was first figuring it out, there's a "Targets" button and I think that only lets you attack people who have also attacked someone, then I switched to using the "Members" list for the forum, and I only attacked people with 0 posts, so they probably haven't logged on in a while, or ever since they registered, but I didn't bother actually checking for their last login.

2: I don't think that anyone would "Gang up" on someone, and like has been pointed out, you can't be attacked while you're at 0 HP, you also can't be attacked twice by the same person, within a certain amount of time.

3: If you don't die with the first shot, you also counterattack and hurt them back, so even if you're not online, you can hit them back. >.> Don't know if that's going to affect any opinions though, since most of the time my attacks killed first shot, though, you can also "Miss" and not do any damage at all, and the other person can attack back. xD

Thar, all I wanted to say.

A guild may not be created until you at level 3 or higher. Then you can join a guild or guilds. Up to you, and the guildmaster.

You cannot attack a member who is more than 2 levels higher or lower than you. Again, I set this to try and be fair with everyone.

You cannot attack someone who hasn't been active in more than sixty days.

Oh, and current and future guildmasters, come up with an insignia, email it to me and I'll see to it that it's displayed and such ;)

That seems rather... Pointless... To be honest. >> Unless the other person gets his/her 4 attacks back, without a time limit after he/she dies, then I guess there's a point. But if you use up your attacks, then you're killed, you still have to wait 3 hours to be able to attack again.

I have no idea what's going on but it may have something to do with this.

I have no points on hand or in the bank despite the fact that I had purchased a bank account after the upgrade.

I don't think I've been attacked because I have no PMs stating that. I've opted out just to be on the safe side.

If it does have something to do with this, can someone let me know? The points on hand weren't a major issue, but I had more than 100 million points in the bank and I consider that a major loss.

While I see DG says it's not connected to the battlemod (which makes sense as it only deleted my on-hand points) I'm not sure if the bank problem Eveknight reports might be wider ranging - I am quite sure there were more 'richest bank members' on the list before because I was not on that list at all when I last checked - and my bank cash has not gone up much since then. (I was not on richest overall members either)

Edit: To clarify, the point of me suddenly being on the list is that it suggests that at least five bank accounts have emptied. I could have sworn that most on the list had over 100 million.

If nothing else, you could revive fellow guild members so they don't have to wait forhours to back your play.

There's a small revive, five points, lets them heal themselves if they own any potions, and a large revive that fixes everything as near as i can tell.

Well, on the system settings page there is a setting called 'Reset Player Stats for players that Opt out of ibProBattle' (and it's turned on), so that might be the reason for people's NP reserves being zeroed out.

p.s. This battle RPG thing is... interesting. I'm trying to limit myself to only attacking other moderators.

New.. News?

Though a level 4 player can't attack a level 1 player... They can attack level 4 players. That's all I got for today.

Maiafay

HP Lost: 7

Str Used: 15

HP Left: 23

Naughty Points Gained/Lost:

Naughty Points Stolen: 61

DarkInuLord

HP Lost: 17

Str Used: 2

HP Left: 28

Naughty Points Gained/Lost:

Winner: Maiafay

Level doesn't seem to do much for counter attacking... xD I've lost every single one.

Damn. I have four attacks, but only three people are in 2 levels, appropriate targets.

Hey, i approved one membership in my guild, but nothing happened. Do they have to accept my approval, or did i do something wrong?