Click Here!

Choose Me As Your Experienced Beta

SummerRayne

* How many years have you worked as a beta?

I have worked critiquing and editing different writing pieces as a non-profit hobby for two years. Sometimes I will even exchange pieces for comparisons and uses for examples.

* In which capacities have you served as a beta?

I can help with spelling, grammar (I am a journalism and writing arts major. I will not steer you wrong in this area), suggestions with plot lines, and how to make the overall structure of your writing more professional and original. I probably will not help with all of these aspects on just one piece because then I believe it will make the piece more my work or art than yours.

* Which types of potentially objectionable content have you beta'd for?

I've beta'd for a friends' writing pieces that contained Abuse, BDSM, Bi, BOND, CBT, DOM, M/M(and Yaoi), Humil, Minor, Non-Consent, S&M, Shouta, Spanking, Tort, and of course Violence. So, I do not discriminate in story plot lines. I even will read Mary-Sues and all of your drama and romance ideas. All definitions for these ratings can be found at adult-fanfiction.org rating definitions.

* Is there any type of work you haven't beta'd for but are willing to accept? (Capacities, objectionable content).

Bestiality? lol

* Are there any specific areas in which you would not be willing to beta?

Bestiality? lol No, I'm just kidding. Maybe if you're raping, torturing, and killing two year olds you've taken your story too far. I will not read anything like that.

* What are your personal boundaries as a beta?

You will have to understand that I'm not only your personal beta. Also, I'm married. I'm cute. I have a life so, I will not be at your beck and call. I WILL get back to you in a very timely fashion or if you give me a deadline WITHIN reason.

* What are your weaknesses when it comes to beta work?

Well, even I make some grammar and spelling typos. Besides this, I can't really think of anything. I'm not conceited, but I've actually taken classes on the subject at Penn State University were I attend and have been told that I'm quite good at editing.

* How do you tend to interact with an author when doing beta work?

That is entirely up to the writer. When you first contact me we will sort out exactly how hands on and "in yo face" you would like me to be. :-D

* Can you determine an average speed when it comes to performing beta work?

Depends on length. A whole novel: A few days to a few weeks depending on depth of the work and length of the novel. Shorter works: Anything from one day to a few days.

* For which fandoms have you worked? Which fandoms do you frequent? Do you consider yourself well-versed on any specific characters?

I don't stick to any particular fandom. If I know nothing about your particular work I will suggest you get another beta. I can especially do romantic comedy anime fics well, also, Buffy fics, and Harry Potter fics. I like doing original works also.

* Have you done any unusual beta work in the past?

Actually, no. I've been on hiatus a several months while getting married.

* Do you have any quirks when it comes to beta work?

I put little comments in to piece. Most find them funny and entertaining. Just little things that I think about the characters, setting, characterization, plot lines, plot twists, etc.

* Is there anything else that you'd like to include here?

Pick me! Pick me! :-D

Edited by SummerRayne

• 3 months later...
Guest drImpulse

Hi. I'm a competent writer at best, at worst a horrible story teller, and I'm even worse at grammar because I tend to live in my own lines. I've been toying with some dark horror/erotic fics, something akin to Anne Rice in her darker retelling of Sleeping Beauty, but not that story exactly. I've been entranced with fairy tales for ages, but I always find a darker menaing behind the characters, a more evil subconscious, and I want to rewrite a few of my favourites. I just need a little encouragement and an honest critique and I could really use your help because, while I've been throwing the ideas around I can't seem to make my thoughts hit the pages just right. I'm hoping you'd be interested in being my beta so I can put down the best retelling straight from my mind. It's nothing too dark like raping two year olds ;], beastiality....um I'm not sure yet because I'm really focused on re-writing Beauty and the Beast, but I've got two versions of that floating around in my head. But please email me at lewisham_tiers@hotmail.com if you think you could hepl out.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I'm looking for a new beta, as I pick up a story that I had to abandon early last year. It was pretty successful at the time, and I've finally finished school, so I am free to pursue it again. My betas have moved on with their lives (I believe, having some trouble reaching them), and I so I could really use some help. Generally, I write a chapter a week, sometimes more. They average 8-12 pages in length (times new roman, 12 pt, single space), and while I expect there to be less than 10 chapters left, I'm still hoping for some help buffing up earlier chapters before cross-posting to a few other fanfiction sites. If you are still available for beta work, please take a look at http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600006369 and if you are interested, please contact me at badsquire@yahoo.com.

The story is called Evening Schnapps, it is a HBP compliant Hermione/Severus pairing, set several years after the demise of Voldemorte. it currently has 19 chapters and a +++++ rating. Actually, it's a response to the 'Snape walks into a bar' challenge. While there are funny moments, it is intended to be a adventure/romance set in sweeping landscapes and is prone to cliffhangers at chapter ends. While I expect most of my faithful readers have moved on, I find that I still get requests to pick it back up.

Thanks much,

Crystal

• 8 months later...

Wow, pretty damn impressed by your resume

I'm a long time reader of fanfics, and finally plucked up enough courage to actually write one. I'm working on a HP Lucius/Hermione pairing, that's loosely based on the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, one of my favorites. I'm hoping its going to be about 20 chapters, maybe more, depending on if I'm inflicted with writer's block or not.

I've been told I'm a fairly strong writer, however I am weak when it comes to grammar, something I've never fully grasped. I'm more of a write it the way you want to sort of person, but after reading so many fan fics, I know the types of fics that attract my attention are the ones that have next to no spelling or grammar errors. For some reason they just piss me off haha.

I work full-time, so I'm hoping to post a new chapter at least once a week, so your deadline wouldn't be that tight if you chose to beta for me.

Please let me know if you have time to do it! kshizzle_@hotmail.com Thanks!!!

Hello!

Nice resume! I'd be really interested in working with you, if you have the time. I noticed there are a few replies before me so I totally understand if you have a full schedule already.

Anyway, I write M/M stories and I've decided to re-write my Pain and... pain? and I reeeeeally need help with that to make my work better. I'm already working on the earlier chapters but I dont know about how quickly I'll be able to re-do them since I'm in the process of writign two other stories as well.

Anyway, if you think you have the time for another author and story, let me know ^_^

You can check my AFF profile here and you can contact me at trappedlove@gmail.com

xo

Traxie

• 4 months later...
* Which types of potentially objectionable content have you beta'd for?

I've beta'd for a friends' writing pieces that contained Abuse, BDSM, Bi, BOND, CBT, DOM, M/M(and Yaoi), Humil, Minor, Non-Consent, S&M, Shouta, Spanking, Tort, and of course Violence. So, I do not discriminate in story plot lines. I even will read Mary-Sues and all of your drama and romance ideas. All definitions for these ratings can be found at adult-fanfiction.org rating definitions.

* Can you determine an average speed when it comes to performing beta work?

Depends on length. A whole novel: A few days to a few weeks depending on depth of the work and length of the novel. Shorter works: Anything from one day to a few days.

* For which fandoms have you worked? Which fandoms do you frequent? Do you consider yourself well-versed on any specific characters?

I don't stick to any particular fandom. If I know nothing about your particular work I will suggest you get another beta. I can especially do romantic comedy anime fics well, also, Buffy fics, and Harry Potter fics. I like doing original works also.

* Do you have any quirks when it comes to beta work?

I put little comments in to piece. Most find them funny and entertaining. Just little things that I think about the characters, setting, characterization, plot lines, plot twists, etc.

* Is there anything else that you'd like to include here?

Pick me! Pick me! :-D

It looks like you have many suitors wanting your services. And it's been a while since you posted up your resume but I still want to give it a shot. It won't hurt me to type a little anyway so... I am an author for both aff.net and ff.net. I currently have over 81 stories that I desperately want to be edited just for my piece of mind. They include: Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Dragon Ball Z, Harry Potter, Daughters of the Moon, Wolf's Rain, Sailor Moon X-overs, Fruits Basket, Sailor Moon, Charmed, Kill Me Kiss Me, Anime X-overs, D N Angel, and Naruto.

So I have been looking at different betas, wondering which beta can help me with whichever number of my fics. I am a college student and also work so I can obviously understand if you can't get to a particular piece of work right away. I'm happy that you are open to different fandoms because I write for many... mainly the anime kind. I love, love, love doing angst. I think if you can make your reader laugh, or cry then it means that on some level they actually connected with that character in your story.

I really do love writing and writing fanfics has really improved my writing skills over the years. But my grammer has sadly only improved just enough. It's okay but nothing to brag out. I usually catch on run-on sentences and fragment sentences but sometimes I do mix my 'their' with my 'there' and my 'your' with your 'you're'. I am human and once I get my writing juices running I will type like the wind... or until my hands cramp up and tend to write the closest sounding word as I think it.

So I really need someone to reign me in. I'm okay with rereading my own work but sometimes two pairs of eyes are definetly better than one. Especially when I reread a few times and realize that I have missed the same error in so many times. Meh, I guess that's all. I write angst, humor, romance, waff, very rare one-shots, etc.

If for some reason you are available or just downright curious to take me for a test drive than my e-mail address is simplywandering@yahoo.com. Just write 'Potential Beta' as the subject so I don't mark it as spam.

Oh and thanks for your time ^^;

• 2 weeks later...

SummerRayne,

My goodness. Everyone wants you don't they. I hope that I'm not too late to throw my hat into the ring.

My name is Jet. I'm currently writing several original fictions at once. They update in rotation weekly with updates consisting of 2,500 words or more typically. Of the five stories in rotation I'm still looking for beta's for four of them. I realize that it's just too much work for one beta to do. I do a lot of my own editing which suffices for the most part; however, I always adore a second pair of eyes.

I typically submit my work to a beta in the form of a word document and ask that they use the track changes feature. This allows us to exchange the file back and forth knowing who changed what and when. I’m looking for someone with a strong grasp of grammar and the ability to catch some of my awkward phrasing and kick its ass.

I do not expect immediate turn around and I can submit updates to you a week in advance if you like. This time frame is negotiable considering that I mostly run updates from stock keeping two or three chapters ahead of what I post. I will fully credit you in the disclaimer at the heading of each chapter both on NoirRomance.com, AFF.net, and any other place they may end up.

All of my fiction seeking Beta’s are Yaoi and available in all their unedited glory on NoirRomance.com and AFF.net. Feel free to check them out.

Beats- When the village is suddenly without a healer, they may be doomed. After trading the Amba for a new one, no one was expecting it to be a young boy. Ero certainly wasn't.

Posession- Connor paid the ultimate price for defending hat he believed in; he paid with his freedom. Now purchased by his thirteenth owner in a year, he may finally have to concede that this master is his last. Meanwhile, Selix, who has never known a life outside of his role as a pet, meets his second Master: a Master who has no great love for ownership.

Light It Up- Sylis has trained all of his life to find his bondmate. Eric turns out to be a little different than expected. Bonded by strong magic and forced to stand up against even their allies, these two boys struggle to find the truth behind their connection.

Debt and Ownership- Jake has always been forced to pay for his father's problems so he never thought that once he left home he would ever deal with them again. Turns out he once again has to pay off his father's debts.

Feel free to examine them in more detail and get back to me if and whenever you like. I would love to hear from you. You can PM me hear or contact me at Jet@noirromance.com. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

-Jet

• 1 month later...

Hmm seems you've gotten a good bit of attention.

BUTTT if you have time to squez in one more fic I'd love you. I'm working on a new fic and I don't want to release it till it's been looked over. So after it's about 8 chapters. I don't see it going past 9.

It is a Twilight fic. Not sure your opinons to Twilight, but it is AU and they are all human.

Jacob is rather dementad, err Bella gets tortured quiet abit and Edward goes crazy =] I can give you a better plot but I don't wanna give to much away to anyone but my official beta sooo if you have time and your interested please please please email me at lost_and_broken_101@hotmail.com

My, my. We are popular aren't we? Well, I'll add in my lot and get straight to the point. I need a beta for an original vampire story that I have been told, by multiple sources, has potential. The main pairing is a straight couple...of course we will be sure to throw a homosexual in the mix, if only to make the male lead uncomfortable. ^_^ I need you because I want this to look good. Proffessional. It has always been my goal to take this particular one some place higher than my own computer.

I won't bore you with every detail here, so if you were not interested right off the bat, feel free to skip this. However, I have posted my plea for a beta elsewhere and there are main plot ideas and specifics of what I am looking for in a beta here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...showtopic=12746

*NOTE: For now, that is all, but it is mentioned in there that someday I would like to publish this. If that is too much ambition for you, I completely understand. We can talk of the particulars of that down the road when the time comes however.

Thank you very much!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.