Click Here!

Yu Yu Hakusho

KuwaLover

Ok, I'm a HUGE fan of Yusuke/Kuwabara, not to mention I write a lot of this pairing; but its like not enough. I know not too many people like Kuwabara, let alone want to write him in a fan fiction. However, you have to admit; they are perfect for each other.

They act gay to each other in the anime it self *[especially in the un-edited version and more so later in the series] *

But that's besides the point. Even though these two are just so obvious, not too many fan fics are about them!! I sometimes feel like I'm the only one who writes it; however, I do remember there was a time where AFF had some Kuwabara fans/writers who only wrote fics about the human with a heart of gold. Now they died out like the how the dinosaurs died ^^;

I love this pairing for many reasons:

Kuwabara brings out the best in Yusuke; making Yusuke want to be better and the same goes for Yusuke bringing out the best in Kuwabara.

They both get extremely upset whenever the other one is hurt; unless they are doing the hurting...then it doesn't bother them ha ha.

And then my favorite; the tension between them when it comes to their feelings. I know it could be considered just 'healthy manly love' but there are times where you're just not sure if its normal man love or the *other* kind of man love ha ha.

So that's my argument ^^. And that is why I love those two together.

*Actually I love anyone that's with Kuwabara, but I just love this pairing most*

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so I do not hate this pairing, but it is not my absolute favorite in the world. DOn't get me wrong, I LOVE Kuwabara, I think that he is awsome, and has gotten the short end of the stick over and over again, but I like Yusuke more with Kurama. However, I understand your argument, and want to know why more people haven't paired them together. It's like their friendship is the perfect equation for a yaoi, you see it in almost everyother show. Matt and Ty from digimon, MIroku and Inuyasha, stuff like that. You see it in everyother show, why not this one?

And by the way, Kuwabara is amazing in my mind. I wrote a fic from his mindset about all that has happened. I... really feel sorry for him some times. He's not even in the last saga!

I miss the Kuwa writers as well. And I can see your points about Yusuke and Kuwa as a pairing, but a part of me is more inclined towards Yusuke/Keiko. *sigh* Ah well, we can't have it all...

But your reasoning is very sound. I'm very proud of you for putting a coherent reason together for why you like YuKuwa instead of "OMG THEY R BOTH SO HOT!!!1!".

• 1 month later...

Yes... where did all those Kuwa-writers go....

Uh canonly I can't see anyone with Kazuma—even Yukina (I'm sure that somewhere I wrote the reasons why). But that doesn't mean I'm against pairing him with anyone. Besides, everyone's like "OMG ugly!!1!" despite the fact that in the magna that I recently looked over again Togashi drew him in a variety of ways ranging from ugly to handsome.

Edit: I am writing or rather rewriting a story that has hinted yaoi between Kazuma and an OC, but it's nothing real major... jut stuff you'd have to make for yourself. The real focus of the story is revenge and extreme violence.

Edited by bitBlackmage

Uh canonly I can't see anyone with Kazuma—even Yukina (I'm sure that somewhere I wrote the reasons why).

I'd like to know- just curious as to why you think this. And you are right, Kuwa IS hard to ship, even though I want to....

I'd like to know- just curious as to why you think this. And you are right, Kuwa IS hard to ship, even though I want to....

Oh there's nothing wrong with Kazuma—funny, his own brand of intelligence either in battle or just life, gentleman to balance his brutish side, has good endurance, love of kittens, strength to hold his own against demons... and I think he's attractive when he's not making those comical and outrageous faces. And even those bizarre faces don't disgust me... they make me laugh.

A lot of girls seemed to like him in high school, but I think they were mere fangirls and thus would have to be the dreaded OCs/Merisus. Of the canon girls (minus his sister for obvious reasons) Botan or Yukina could work. Botan doesn't seem interested and it doesn't look like Kazuma's soon to pick up on her again. Yukina, though she likes humans and I don't see her as innocent as everyone, I don't get the sense that she feels the same way either culturally or emotionally founded.

Pairing him with guys is hard since he's a bit uncomfortable with guys in that manner. He seemed pretty disturbed by that dream where he kissed Yusuke. Then there was when Itsuki mentioned he loved Sensui and Kazuma was again, irked. Oh and let's not forget when Kazuma and Kurama were waiting for the train, two girls from Kazuma's high school said "Oh we didn't know about this side of your life" after being corrected on Kurama's gender. He was pretty mad. Also, I think I remember him being pretty pissed when Botan said something about it being strange for two men to watch the sunset together.

Ultimately those things can be written but it takes a good author, an accepting audience and fans of the character in question.

Edited by bitBlackmage

I can agree that Yusuke and Kuwabara would make a cute couple even if I cannot stand to write it. They are very good friends and they bring out the best in the other, there is no doubt in my mind of that. I may not be a die-hard Yusuke fan but I can admit to that much. Though I guess I can't say much since I have a liking of pairing Kuwabara up with the Elder Toguro brother (Yes, I know there are a few very GOOD reasons why this shouldn't be done). Personally, I think if an author is capable of it, ANY pairing is possible...there just might not be a lot of people who read it. That is okay. People write what moves them and that is what it is about.

• 2 weeks later...
*sigh* I still have the urge to write Kuwa/Majari just to mind fuck the fan brats...

YOU WIN THE INTERNETS.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.