Click Here!

Care to Share?

We were recently contacted by a well respected British publication about appearing in an article supporting Fan Fiction since we are one of the largest Fan Fiction communities out there. The following is his email to us:

I was wondering if you could help me. I'm a British journalist interested in writing an article on your site and fan fiction in general. I want to get across how fan fiction is a legitimate art form, how much imagination and meaning there is on sites like yours. I think it's been maligned in the past but now, and want to write something celebrating the communities and creativity AdultFanFiction.com fosters.

Is there anyone from your team I can interview - be it over the phone, Skype, email, whatever - over the next few days? It can be anonymous if they'd prefer. I'd also be really interested in speaking to some of your regular writers, if you could recommend anyone in particular who's particularly prolific or active on the site?

It'd be great exposure for the site and hopefully will do a lot to right the perception many people have of fan fiction as tacky and sordid.

I would love to have some of our more established, long term, articulate Fan Fiction Authors who are currently active (Perhaps even an Originals author as we don't JUST do fan fic) speak with him. If this is something you are interested in, please let me know via a forum PM. Alternatively, if you have not signed up for the forums, you can always send me an email at admin@adult-fanfiction.org with your pen name/link to your profile and contact information that you would like to be provided. I'd appreciate, but not require, a brief statement as to why you would like to represent the site.

I'm expecting a large response (I mean who doesn't want to be quoted in an article!) so please understand that so he is not overwhelmed, I'll be sorting through the responses and sending only a handful on to him. I will be looking for someone who, as I mentioned above, is currently active in the archive, well versed and well spoken and has been with the site for a decent amount of time.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm so excited for the recent popularity and acceptance of fan fiction! If you have a chance, make sure you check out PBS's Idea Channel episode on YouTube talking about it! They'd love for our users to sound off in the comments!

Edit: Okay! So, I've got the short list created ... of 18... I still gotta whittle down, but at least I'm getting somewhere! Please understand that due to the sheer volume of applications, it is just not a possibility for me to respond to each of you individually. It's been a pleasure getting to understand a bit of why you do what you do and I can't even begin to express how blessed I feel to have such a supportive group of people!

I've actually done something like this before! It was in a gamer magazine...I forget the name of it at the moment cus my age is catching up to me, but I was so sad because I couldn't get a copy of it because the mag was released only in England. This makes me want to try and track it down...or at least find the email where I communicated with the journalist.

Edit: OH! I remember now! It was for the Official Playstation Magazine, but not the us version!

Edited by Ezriee

Guest PhoenixRhapsody

I may not be as active on here as I used to be, but this is a topic I wanted to write on as well. As an author, I've had to take a hiatus from my fanfiction to finish my bachelor's degree and original novels, but it was here that I gained my start and built my confidence. I would love to represent our community, its art, and our passion. If you are interested in me, I can be contacted by e-mail, and I'll give him my phone number from there. He doesn't even have to make me anonymous if he doesn't want to.

I am new to this site but not new to fan fiction. I have been on the spectator side for years and finally gathered enough courage to begin writing and have even posted some of my work. As a matter of fact, in the second contest I entered at another fan fiction site, I even won second place.

I am also willing to ask my other favorite authors and dear friends to join in here, if they haven't already, who are authors with more than enough legacy to show for their talent.

If you think I may be an asset to you, feel free to contact me as my information is within your grasp.

I wish you luck in finding the right candidates to display the right aspects and skill you seek to represent the site and, in turn, fandom as a community.

Edited by sinnersprayer

Guest nagandsev

Hello!

Thank you, I would love to helpout, support and participate in any way I can! I'll also PM on the Forum, and send another e-mail under my fanfic author's name.

Thank you so much for considering me to be considered!:-)

If chosen as one of the interviewees, I'll try to make you all *proud*!

Best wishes,

nag

I know I've been quiet. Desktop died, and the laptop I had just gotten had to go in for repairs... which I swear took months! So I have the active against me, but I am willing to assist. If I'm chosen email is my preference. I've been a member for years, used to be a member of the old AFF, and have been writing fan fiction for decades. If you need any information please feel free to ask. :2tubs:

The outpouring has been amazing! In the last 10 hours I've gotten about 50 or so responses! When I get home from work this evening I'll comb through everyone and select a few to send over. I'm looking to offer a wide range of demographics and writing styles for him to select from (Younger/Older/Male/Female/Slash/Het/Etc)

Please keep in mind that he is looking to do this as soon as possible, so I will be closing applications in about 12 hours. Unfortunately, as much as I'd love for everyone to participate, having a journalistic background, I know that it's not an option :(

I will however make sure that when the article is published that it is posted for all to see and that will give you guys a chance to sound off in the comments as well! You guys are amazing and this is why we have one of the best fan fiction communities out there!

Guest Robin_Mask

Hi Apollolmperium,

Just PMed. It's great that you've gotten so many responses; we have so many great authors on this site that it seems an amazing opportunity to showcase the site and show just what fanfiction and original fiction mean to the people here :) I look forward to reading the article when it's complete.

I'd love to do it! I love AFF and I have gotten to know many great authors on this site through reviews and through proofing their stories. I am a college graduate and consider myself pretty articulate with a great handle on the English language. lol Of course there are a few stories written by high school graduates and some college graduates (gasp!) who can't write worth.....(fill in the blank). I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't look like a dumb idiot when he's interviewing me. :)

The interviewer can email me at LisaT25@msn.com and I'd be more than happy to tell him how awesome AFF is! =)

Hello,

I'm willing to be interviewed, please send me the email. I would be happy to represent this site. I've been writing fan fiction for seven years and all over the place. My reason for writing fan fiction is that fan fiction represents a subculture of adults and teenagers, who not only showcase their budding writing talents, but also it visibly protests against common prejudices and stigmas. I have seen fan fictions cover everything from mental illness to abuse and Homosexual relations. It beneficial to people of all ages not only as an outlet, but to convey ideas and issues we deal with in our culture and our own lives. The interviewer can reach me at raven.revolution2@gmail.com

Merula Aeolus

Edited by Merula Aeolus

Guest JamiesFanGirl

I haven't been active on this site, I'm afraid (the story I had plans for kind of "crashed"), but I've been active on FF.net over the years and have an unfinished story on here from earlier times, so I'm willing to apply for the interview...

Guest Ms_Figg

AFF was where I first discovered fanfiction, and where I posted my first story because I ran out of the kind of stories I liked to read. I knew NOTHING about how the world of fanfiction was, but I found out it can be serious business. I wouldn't mind participating by email.