Click Here!

Something's Buggin Me!

DarkCabaret

Okay tell me if this makes sense you all:

I pay $14.99 a month for an online game. I really enjoy playing it! I went to play today and yet again they had a rolling restarts on the servers! It started at 12 AM game time and is supposed to last until 2 PM game time. Now I understand re-doing things so they can fix bugs and such but there is absolutely no way I can play!

I'd think they could keep at least ONE server up so people can play....

The game I speak of is World of Warcraft. Yes I am a nerd and play WoW! Do not make fun of me or I shall sick my lvl 37 Undead Warlock on you!

If you attack me with your undead warlock, I'll just send my leveled up InuYasha after you.

But I used to play online games myself.

It's true they should keep at least one server open for people to play but If I was you, I would request a refund or credit for the time I can't play. Keep a log of downtimes and explain that while you are paying for the account and server access, you do not think it is fair to those who play during that time frame of downtime, to be charged for something they don't have access to.

They are providing a service and if that service is not working, you shouldn't be charged for that time.

Hope this makes sense seeing that the Nyquil I am currently on is kicking my butt royally.

Also ask them how many servers they have and why they can't keep one up while the other is updating or whatever. Make them answer your questions. I would.

I've seen this before in MMORPG setups. You remember when EVE: Online was released? They did the same thing for that game. The problem is, when they have to make updates to the servers, they tend to do it all at once for all servers. There's something else at play there too, as well, I think. If all but one server is down, and that one server is frequented by one or two clans, it gives those clans advantage. Especially if there's any kind of tournaments or things of that nature that are ongoing. So it's a way of putting everyone on an even keel.

I keep Neopets for the nephews....one if five and enjoys it.

The HELL!?! When did Neopets become 'pay-to-play'?

Mind you, I played it before it became mainstream... my poor little draggy...

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I had a massive spit at a GM when I first started playing WOW for the downtime of maintenance, apparently it's all covered in the terms and conditions and etc etc etc. Basically they have covered their arses, you accept the maintenance etc when it happens when you click the little "I accept" button when you first install the game...

....typically of me, I didn't read the fine print...but, what it boils down to, is that every Tuesday there is maintenance and there is nothing anyone can do about it...worse luck.

P.s. embrace your nerdism, it beats kicking small cute furry animals! spit.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.