Click Here!

'gives you hell'

Guest elsaw.r

Guest elsaw.r

i was reading this story but now my link to the page doesnt work anymore. i was wondering if any one could let me know what happened. i think te author was dext-leftie or something like that.

i tried looking up their name but i couldnt find it. did they leave?

please help the story seemed kinda cute.

I apologize, however due to repeated ToS violations and warnings, the user has been removed from the site. Please note that she has been on AFF since 2006, has been contacted several times, and the staff has had several conversations with her in regards to the previous ToS violations.

There are to date:

• 5 documented instances of unauthorized advertising, starting 07/2010
  • 5 documented instances of review damands, starting 07/2010
  • 1 unauthorized poll in story

After the last instance in August of 2011, she was suspended for a period of 2 weeks at which point she was advised that this was her last warning. She was made aware that the next ToS violation would result in her removal from the site.

It was brought to our attention recently that she was editing a story to bump it up in the chronological listing on the update page to advertise the fact that she was leaving AFF. After careful review, it was determined that the report was indeed correct.

While we wish her well in her future writing endeavors, bumping a story with no actual update at the expense of other Author's who have actually posted new content is not acceptable and a violation of our ToS. We stand by our ToS and our warnings - As such she was removed.

Guest Guest

To be honest, the note she's written on that website regarding AFF and the admin is childish, petty and ridiculous. I liked her stories but I'll admit that it's hard to stomach that she writes such great fiction when she's so immature herself.

Guest - I will admit, it was a hard thing to have to do as I've only had to remove people for plagiarism, trolling or because they were underage. As you can see, we gave her chance after chance after chance, but there has to be a time when you put your foot down.

I respect her as an author and sad that she couldn't see fit to abide by the rules, I hope that all works out well with her in the future!

• 1 month later...

To be honest, admin shouldn't discuss other users with others, they should have said she's no longer with the site rather than go into detail which personally has nothing to do with other users and should have been kept between AFF and dex. To have done otherwise was unprofessional and petty. I'm just being honest.

Dex can be found here with nearly of her stories. http://dlsfanfiction.weebly.com/

Yes, shame on the admin for that brief summary telling folks what happened. What they needed was something like a professional writer would put, like old dexy's statement as, uh, admin/host of her own site: "I knew how petty and evil-minded the admins over on AFF really are."

Wait, what? Surely not! Based on your statement about how admins should act on their sites I expected to see nothing more than "I am no longer with that site." Now, I know little of these things but from what you've told us that doesn't seem terribly professional does it? Almost, well... petty? Gosh! Petty! Yeah, we'll go with that. Maybe... and this is just speculation, you understand, maybe stating a user is removed for ToS violations, and listing the violations - much like we see in clubs and such - without adding personal ad hom attacks... maybe that is the professional way to do it?

I'm just being snarky.

It's really ridiculous how you all gets peeved when someone's just says his/her opinion. Like a bunch of kids in kindergarten.

Let me tell you something (however I'm not sure you have the mental capacity to understand it): you and this page would be NOTHING without the authors and their fans. So, stop playing around, you're starting to get very boring.

If someone is asking about a story, tell them it was deleted or something, there is no need (and you have no right) to write about an author like this. I know it may be difficult for you, but try to just write that "XY were deleted because of violation of TOS" And that's all. If someone cares about YOUR or other member's opinion they will ask for it.

Someone is asking about a story and you start to write how you were right and they weren't. Obviously they weren't (usually, but we know some exception of course...) if they were deleted, but that's not what people were asking!

You should really come down from that high horse.

Oh, you're adorable! Starting a post like that with the line:

It's really ridiculous how you all gets peeved when someone's just says his/her opinion.

Too funny. You Sir and/or Madam have made my day. The whole post is so expertly crafted. I especially like the bit where you give an opinion that folks on discussion forums should only give opinions if asked for opinions... when not asked! But it's pretty much all high class 'net flamewar bait (heck, vintage - I recall variations of "I'm not sure you have the mental capacity to understand it" on usenet). I salute you! And you should totally write riddles. I'm gonna have to risk being interpreted as peevish again and echo that wishing well in the future to you. I know it's hard to tell on the internet but this is totally not sarcasm, or even snark. G'luck!

JayDee, while sarcastic, is quite correct. Also, please note that she is one of the Authors on the site, a long standing member, not a admin or moderator. As a user, so long as she remains polite, she is welcome to voice whatever opinions she pleases same as you are.

Please understand that we've been dealing with the issue for many years and every time we've taken any sort of action she's posted something similar to what she currently has up on whatever site or social media she's work with at the time and we've said nothing in regards to whatever version she's taken to telling.

When the time came that we decided to remove her, I knew that we would most likely have some very upset readers as she has a large following and I also knew based on past behavior that she would likely blame the staff and degrade the site. As owner, I made the decision that any inquires into the status of her fiction would be answered with the above statement and only that statement prior to even removing the account. It is concise, truthful and in reality professional. I made the choice to include the exact dates and reasons to avoid a long drawn out thread of "I can't believe you deleted her - You guys are mean nasty horrible people for enforcing the Terms of Service a user agreed to!" We've had that before with other users and quite frankly, this was an easy way to cut it off at the pass. (Please note that it did work quite well for the better part of two months)

I did not at any point denigrate her or her writing and nothing was an attack, personal or otherwise. Believe me, if I truly felt it was necessary to stoop to the level she has on her various social media sites, I could. There is more to the story than what is posted above, but beyond a factual stating as to the history and why, that is not something users need to be concerned about.

It's quite frankly no more or no less than a reference I would give if I had a person call for a job reference or one for a lease: Just the facts Jack. I've held to a strict level of honesty and transparency with my members and will not deviate from that.

As this is obviously not going to resolve anything or change your mind, I locked the thread. I respectfully ask that as I have responded to this and there is really nothing new that could be said on either side that you not start this up anywhere else on the forum. Thank you.