Click Here!

Where is everybody?

ZombieDuke

Where is everybody? unsure.gif

I hate to admit it, but this board is becoming more and more of a graveyard with each passing day... and that makes me sad and scared. I love this board, it has always been so warm and caring, but now it feels like a cold stranger. I have read what happened involving the mods and everybody else... but it seems like everybody else is jumping ship too.

So, I ask again: Where is everybody?

Where is everybody? unsure.gif

I hate to admit it, but this board is becoming more and more of a graveyard with each passing day...

Hey! It's Halloween in five days, can ya blame me for setting up some headstones about the place, a few mausoleums and a handful of the unquiet dead? Got to decorate to party!

I am here as well. I usually pop in a couple times a day. But, I don't necessarily post unless there's something I'm interested in. Mostly forum games. But I think maybe I'll start a new topic today. Just for kicks.

Don't worry Zombie, I'm still here and kicking, despite the best efforts of some folks IRL. Knorg's still around, though that might be a mixed blessing, tongue.gif , and I think Big Sam might still be here. Eve Knight hasn't gone anywhere, and SJ stopped by earlier. So there are still a few old hands around.

I think the big thing is that we need to get the newbies talking. Probably need something drastic though. Abortion? The Environment? Nuclear power? War against Terrorism? First Amendment issues? I think those few are still popular.

You get them talking, I'll spike the punch

I'm still here and I'm one of the oldies of the forum.

I was gone after the first couple of weeks on the forum dealing with other things then dealing with the forum till about the second week of October.

I won't be leaving, hiding away and not posting possibly but I'll always be here lurking about the forums.

Beth

I'm pretty much a forum newbie and I don't post much (I had an account here back in... early 2006? but I never posted so it got wiped) soooo I probably am not going to be much help in regards to keeping the forums talkative. I mostly stick to writing & programming, and avoid the Forum Games forum like the plague.

...but hi!

I joined in early 2006. I've been a regular poster straight off the bat and that's not likely to change. Honestly, I don't think I'd be an effective moderator unless I was a regular member as well and interacted with everybody on a more personal level on a regular basis.

I'm not posting that frequently as a plain ol' member right now. Then again, you probably know why.

Real life's been a little hectic lately. There's this association that's a cross between LGBT and the multi-cultural council, and our chapter's being revamped because it's one of the biggest chapters in the country despite being a small campus. Since I'm on the committee...

Then there's the forums. There's a new staff. The forums are being re-structured. I'm very involved with the first re-structuring, as you can see. There's re-checking the forum rules to make sure they fit the new structure (re-writing's in order). There's also a list of what potential changes may occur in those specific forums once the software's upgraded so that I can keep things in order.

I keep getting bombarded with questions in the multi-cultural LGBT chapter. I'm already in the process of looking for good materials in that area (if anyone can suggest good books, movies, and music, I'll kiss you!). This isn't just for my sector - it's for the main LGBT as well.

I'm nearly done with my second pile of term papers. I already have a habit of handing papers in early whenever I can just to get them off my plate. I've got two left now and one of them's a killer (criminal sentences in medieval Europe).

Considering everything, my paying job is probably the easiest thing on my plate. I just go to work, do my job, and leave. It's off-campus too, which means I can just stick to English so the commute doesn't bother me.

I'm around sometimes. Mostly when school is not kicking my behind up and down the street.

Why minor in philosophy, if it means a paper every other week about someone who came up with some silly idea, that didn't fan out in the end dry.gif

I enjoy it anyway though biggrin.gif

so how was everyone's halloween?

Dont forget about me I have been in hiding...

I get this really bad feeling like aff.net itself is dying or it isnt as popular as it use to be? I could be wrong... I dont know there was alot of chaos with this place

People tend to have writers' block on their stories and pause to get it back but there are many, many authors logged in and reading stories if not posting.

AFF will always be popular in one way or another.

Besides, where can you go to get your kinks, any gender, any stories of all type posted without worrying about a moderator validating your story before it is posted live on a site anymore.

This is the only site that I know beyond Livejournal that you can do this beyond your own personal website.

People will come back to the site and post and read.

Just hang in there.

People will return, even the ex-forum mods will return to see what the site is doing. They can't help it, they think we're going to crash but we're not. We have stronger codes and two techs who truely knows their coding shit better then the previous coder did.

Beth

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.