• Sailor Mercury
    • Sailor Mars
    • Sailor Jupiter
    • Sailor Venus
    • Sailor Neptune
    • Sailor Uranus
    • Sailor Pluto
    • Sailor Saturn

Yup, I'm here and ... these were great times. A long time ago, almost 10 years back ... This was the first anime our public TV broadcasted, causing a fashion for senshi's. And it got me hooked on manga and anime.

Though I have a question, did you watch it in English or Japanese version?

Yup, I'm here and ... these were great times. A long time ago, almost 10 years back ... This was the first anime our public TV broadcasted, causing a fashion for senshi's. And it got me hooked on manga and anime.

Ditto here as well. Except we (my siblings and I) had been watching anime for years (Danguard Ace(sp?) and those other odd-balls of the anime world). I only saw about... 3 seasons of it. Just the Sailor Moon R movie because the station stopped showing it when it came to Uranus and Neptune relationship (I was soo pissed!).

And yes, I've only seen it in English cool.gif

Man oh man... those were the days...

I only saw about... 3 seasons of it. Just the Sailor Moon R movie because the station stopped showing it when it came to Uranus and Neptune relationship (I was soo pissed!).

O_O Really???

We had almost every single episode broadcasted ... Only three were missing AND we had it in Japanese *dreamy eyes* so it meant original names except for Sailor Moon, she was called Bane for some odd reason ...

And I got to see Sailor Stars! These were cool guys! Seiya forever!

Guest Big Samurai

I'm a big, big fan, and have been since '99. I own all four U.S. seasons on DVD, plus fansubs of Sailor Stars and almost all of the Mixx manga. I have (non-lemon) 'fic for it, too, but the 'fic part of the fandom has, alas, been dead for years, save for the occasional latecomers.

I first watched it in the English version, but I discovered the Japanese version was MUCH MUCH better! Considering they make Uranus/Neptune cousins in the English version, blah! Considering at how much the show hints at their relationship, the English version makes it seem like incest. I think homosexuality is accepted A LOT more, so they should have left the relationship alone! And there's the thing about making Zoicite into a female...DIC must be homophobic. The English version was for kids...watch the Japanese version! ^-^

Guest Serenanna

Ahhhhh, Sailor Moon, my first real anime fandom. I read all the fics, tried to write one of my own and never released it, and still own all the stuff I got at the height of my moonie-ism. I got the official tapes, the CD's, videos of the dub I taped myself, fansubs of all the episodes on DVD, the dolls, the paper folders, the wands and locket, the wall scrolls, the pins. I even have my chibi Princess Serenity keychain on my purse.

But, my most prized possessions of Sailor Moon items? All 18 volumes of manga from Japan, and all five manga artbooks, one for each season, including the elusive one for Sailor Stars. Oh, and my Luna plushie. ::huggles the plushie::

It's amazing, but I can't probably still sing Moonlight Legend from heart. Part of me will always be a moonie.

Sere

I've been a big fan of Sailor Moon for a very long time. It started when DiC was showing on the Saturday morning cartoons on USA. My brother never let me watch though. It wasn't until I started reading the manga on my 21st birthday did my interest get renewed.

* sighs * I wish SM's creator will allow the merchandise to be sold again. I really want to get the uncut versions of SM in all its glory, not to mention the Starlights series/arc. I would definitely love to get my hands on the manga's to finish out my collection. >.<

O_O Really???

We had almost every single episode broadcasted ... Only three were missing AND we had it in Japanese *dreamy eyes* so it meant original names except for Sailor Moon, she was called Bane for some odd reason ...

And I got to see Sailor Stars! These were cool guys! Seiya forever!

Yup. It didn't help that I was pretty much late to class everyday because it came on at 8:30 and my mother let me watch it (I was getting bullied at school and Sailor Moon made me happy ph34r.gif ).

I never saw the Sailor Stars, I have one of the manga (plus a Dj from the time) and the only place, a Sailor Moon figure, some cards laugh.gif

From what I remember, they made Nepture and Uranus sisters, then friends, the cousins (DAMN YOU DIC!) dry.gif

Sisters, WTF? Seriously, they don't even look remotely alike! They could probably get away with making them best friends, but cousins and much less, sisters?! rolleyes.gif

Sisters, WTF? Seriously, they don't even look remotely alike! They could probably get away with making them best friends, but cousins and much less, sisters?! rolleyes.gif

Sadly it is very true. Soon after this little mix-up, DiC stopped airing the series so I promptly followed my big bro and started watching Ranma 1/2 laugh.gif

• 6 months later...
but the 'fic part of the fandom has, alas, been dead for years, save for the occasional latecomers.

I dont know that it's really dead, moonromance.net is supposed to make a comeback sometime soon. I post ecchi fics here and i think there's plenty of interest still; my two stories have gotten close to 8 thousand hits in about 4 months. PGSM did a little to reinvigorate the SM franchise on this side of the pacific, but someone really needs to secure the rights and do a redub staying true to the source. How much can the rights possibly cost these days?

Btw, i'm a long time fan too. SM was the first anime I watched that I realized was an anime. (I just thought Robotech was really bad ass, didn't know anything about the japanese connection at the time). I started with the dub but quickly moved to the subs, although I still get a little nostalgic for the first run of dubs.

• 2 weeks later...
but someone really needs to secure the rights and do a redub staying true to the source. How much can the rights possibly cost these days?

It's not a problem of cost, rather that Toei refuses to give out the rights. I believe they were thinking about doing a North American release themselves and never did? Either way, I'm sure plenty of companies know there is money in Sailor Moon, they just can't get their hands on it. Same goes for the manga as well.

lame... cause i need the manga. And not through tokyo pop... i'm tired of reading "bunny" i dont care if that is the actual translation. I've come very close to just buying the original manga on ebay but my japanese just isn't good enough for all of that...

ps. Thanks for all your reviews Zimarah, i appreciate it. I'd do the same for yours but yaoi is just not my thing and that seems to be your favorite genre.

That's cool, I don't mind. To each their own. <_< (I am in the middle of writting my first straight sex scene however. It's going better than expected.)

Last I heard, Tokyopop (or someone) was working to get the manga license back, and they were saying that if they got it they would keep Japanese names. Obviously they just wanted to match the DiC dub originally.

That's cool, I don't mind. To each their own. <_< (I am in the middle of writting my first straight sex scene however. It's going better than expected.)

Last I heard, Tokyopop (or someone) was working to get the manga license back, and they were saying that if they got it they would keep Japanese names. Obviously they just wanted to match the DiC dub originally.

That's cool, i'll look forward to that. I did read the start of your latest one set in the 30th century, good start there. I'm in a bit of a dry spell right now... I know where I want to take my two stories I just can't make myself sit down and work on them.

Well I hope the manga gets brought back, they're doing it for Gunsmith Cats and Oh! My Goddess, both excellent series. I would love to see Dark Horse aquire the rights, they do really good jobs.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.