Click Here!

Computer Nuisance

Guest Agaib

Guest Agaib

Yeeeaaa I know, this isn't some computer help board, but its aimless babble so we need to keep it random right? Regardless I've been having a minor computer issue that I can't seem to resolve. Here's the rundown.

Every time I start up My silly new computer it insists that I press F1 to continue the boot process. Its not really a big issue but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere for this. Anybody have any idea what could be the cause? I've looked all over the BIOS trying to find an option that might turn it off or something similar to no avail. Online I heard mention that it might be indicative of the battery on the Mobo possibly running out, but that seems unlikely to Me considering both the fact that its fairly new and it remembers changes to the BIOS settings I make.

To be honest not knowing the cause is much more frustrating than the problem itself. realmad.gif

In case you're curious the motherboard is a Biostar (I know, its a cheap brand but the price was good and it works) with an Nvidia Nforce somthing somthing 329084hkjasd chipset. I'm not sure if that info is really too important though. Maybe biostar just has a bunch of computer programmers that have an odd sense of humor. It wouldn't be the first time...

Guest Agaib

It puts up the company logo and copyright info at the top. Followed by the name of My graphics card. Followed by the name of the processor and "Memory Testing : 785408k OK + 1 M TSeg memory" I have no idea what that means. It lists what's attached to the IDE channels and but it looks just like I set it up. The only blatantly negative thing I see is "Floppy disk(s) fail (40)" but that's because I don't have a floppy drive on My computer I think.

Then it says

Press F8 to Enable System Configuration (actually doesn't do anything when I press it)

Press F9 to Select Booting Device after POST (doesn't do anything either, but I set the boot order to CDROM drive first and Hard drive second in the BIOS I'm not sure what else it could mean)

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup (F1 starts the computer normally and DEL just puts up the BIOS configuration screen)

EDIT: Oh, it also says "01/19/2007-C51MCP51-6A61HBO9C-00" at the VERY bottom. I have no idea what that means either.

"Advised repair schedule; reboot startup disc, offline for 36 hours and replace head."

(Kryten)

I guess not very helpful, but I'm not a geek. (of that sort, n e way)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.