Click Here!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

redsliver

I just finished watching this series and I was thoroughly impressed. In fact its going up there with FLCL and Cowboy Bebop as my favorite animes ever.

Episode 0 is so utterly amazing anyone will love it and its such a great way to start a series. Its only 14 episodes long (the first season and the second season hasn't started yet) so its not hard to get into like Bleach or any other shounen epic.

Guest Serenanna

Ahhhh, Suzumiya Haruhi. I watched it on the insistence of my brother in broadcast order. While it's not something I'd probably ever fangirl like the nuts that ascribe to Haruhism, it's up there in my anime-to-reccomend to non-fans or fans looking for something different to watch.

I think part of the charm of the series is Kyon and his tone of asides and narration. It's easy to identify with him as an observer since he's thinking along the same lines that viewers would too. He's so normal until Haruhi comes along and warps his world, but he copes with it all through sarcastic, cynical thoughts.

Sere

I've just finished eps 16 of Darker Than Black. The artwork is so clean. (Bleach is so disappointing in that way, and SO many fillers argh!) Shinsen-Subs dropped it (DTB) after eps 10 so I was scrambling around for a while tearing my hair out and considering gnawing off my right arm. Fortunately, Syndicate took it over, so yeah, I'm saved, and my right arm thanks me. (I was starting to download RAWs)

I will definitely check out The Melancholy...thingy. FLCL...I started reading the Manga...wait, I think daughter #2 downloaded it. That started with a farm boy leaving for the city, right?

An anime that I'm ambivalent about, but has EXCELLENT artwork, is um...what the heck was it now? J something. *goes to look it up* Hmm...I think it's "Jubei Chan"

If you liked Cowboy Bebop (sheesh, what a title) you might like Scrapped Princess.

Ah. Got mixed up. It wasn't Jubei Chan either, although that was hilarious, I mean Arjuna.

*Later*

(enter, stage right)

The first episode was incomprehensible. Was that a parody of Sailor Moon? (Pan up?)

I think my jaw was dropped the entire episode.

I can see why you liked it though, since she has red hair.

Out of focus shots, camera off angle, the pov (narrator) is some kind of director/camera man?

Thank God for episode 2. I nearly didn't continue. It's pretty funny stuff, and well drawn.

(exit, stage left)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.