Click Here!

New version, 3.2

DemonGoddess

I'm scheduling to have IPS do this for me, to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible. While I'm capable of doing the upgrade myself, and have many many times in the past; when it comes to a major version change and upgrade, I've always found it best to let them do it.

As soon as the techs get back to me with a schedule for the upgrade, it will be posted, and the forum will be inaccessible during that time. Usually, the upgrades take less than an hour, when major.

As the techs for Invisionpower are horribly backlogged, they asked if they could just go ahead and do it, rather than schedule a time. I expect the upgrade will take place some time within in the week.

In any case, when the upgrade is being done, you will get a series of errors while it happens, including being unable to access the forum at all.

Past experience with this software and major upgrades tell me that I expect that time to last no longer than an hour, when they're doing it.

The upgrade will be happening some time today.

There may be some hooks which don't translate over to the new version. If so, I'll have to either wait for an updated version, or reinstall. I'll find that out when the upgrade is finished.

So, the techs advised me to wait an additional week, while 3.2.1 is being readied for release. With the mass release, a number of bugs were found, and 3.2.1 fixes them.

When I given them the permissions, again, to perform the upgrade for me, I will post that here. At that point, we can expect the forum to be upgraded anytime from the day I give the permission, to up to two weeks later. They are horribly overloaded with upgrade reqs, so I understand the wait time. ;)

• 2 weeks later...