Click Here!

Meretrix

Guest Matze

Guest Matze

Hi,

i'm looking for a fic that i came across sometime ago was called "meretrix" but can't find it anymore. Anybody know where i can find it?

Cheers

Guest leandra

The author and all content were deleted for plagiarism.

what a shame of some people to steal the work of others, could you tell us who is the original author of this fic or plagiarized

fics, is only right to read the story from his real author and review to them for his ideas, thank you.

When I deleted this author, it was for a different story entirely. It just so happens that Meretrix was one of his/her stories listed as well. As the original is not on this site, and I'd not looked to see if that was plagiarised as well, I've no idea who originally wrote it. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

When I deleted this author, it was for a different story entirely. It just so happens that Meretrix was one of his/her stories listed as well. As the original is not on this site, and I'd not looked to see if that was plagiarised as well, I've no idea who originally wrote it. Sorry.

what was the author's name maybe I can the story somewhere else.

Guest Princess Kay

Sorry, I will not give you a plagiarist's name so they can be found and supported as a "good author".

A good story is a good story. No need to get offended, I don't think anyone looking for this story actually gives a rat's ass about giving the "author" props, they just want to finish the story at this point. Getting part way through a story and not being able to finish it has been shown to cause stress and premature ejaculation. :cry: I hope the "author" can live with that on his/her conscious.

I do not know how we can put this any more clearly. I'm guessing you are not an author and therefore do not understand the pain involved in getting your work stolen. Author's spend a lot of time and energy creating and posting their creative work.

Quite frankly, I don't care if you were mid stroke and about to cum, but there is no way that we are going to release information about someone who stole (which is illegal just so you know) someone else's story. The fact that you would even ask for it simply astounds me.

I recommend that you let this go.

Guest Princess Kay

Wow, first of all I am an author, second the post was supposed to be funny, and third I'm not even the same person who asked for it to begin with. All I'm saying is that I agree that the name should be given, so that the readers can find the author. This particular story COULD be theirs, and if it isn't how are we supposed to find the original author(s) if we don't even know where to start. Also, not that I'm trying to undermine your authority because I don't know you and I'm sure you do your best, but in MY experience Admins usually screw up when in comes to plagiarism anyway. I'm not saying that it always happens, so don't take it personally, I'm just saying mistakes can be made. One of my stories on this site got deleted when someone stole it and posted it on FanFiction.net, you could even look and see that their was posted days after mine and I never even got a response from the site when I e-mailed in (several times) about it. However, it made me just as happy to read the comments on that site as it did to read my own. It's still the same work just under a different name. I understand getting pissed about the stealing of ideas, but like my mother used to say "Impersonation is the best form of flattery." I even had an Administrator on a Snarry site delete my stories and steal them for their own. But I really don't care, because it's still MY idea and it's not like I was getting paid for it, it's just for fun! It's kinda cool to see where people go with it if you stop updating and they have to post something. I made a game out of it with one of my originals that got stolen, they were posting my Author Note's too, so I said I'd update in a week. I didn't, and the readers started tripping, so THEY wrote a quick little chapter an posted. So I stole that one and posted it just to fuck with their head and let them know that I knew. It was pretty epic and way more hilarious than just having them deleted. Anyway, that's my two cents. (And the stories are on a PUBLIC website, and haven't gotten a formal copy write, soooo technically it's not illegal if you change the name, just saying.…) :D

—None of this was intended to be rude or hurtful to anyone in anyway, I just have a twisted since of humor sometimes. TT^TT I don't think Apollo liked my premature ejaculation joke, geesh, Admins can be total moms someimes. ;P

Wow, first of all I am an author, second the post was supposed to be funny, and third I'm not even the same person who asked for it to begin with. All I'm saying is that I agree that the name should be given, so that the readers can find the author. This particular story COULD be theirs, and if it isn't how are we supposed to find the original author(s) if we don't even know where to start. Also, not that I'm trying to undermine your authority because I don't know you and I'm sure you do your best, but in MY experience Admins usually screw up when in comes to plagiarism anyway. I'm not saying that it always happens, so don't take it personally, I'm just saying mistakes can be made. One of my stories on this site got deleted when someone stole it and posted it on FanFiction.net, you could even look and see that their was posted days after mine and I never even got a response from the site when I e-mailed in (several times) about it. However, it made me just as happy to read the comments on that site as it did to read my own. It's still the same work just under a different name. I understand getting pissed about the stealing of ideas, but like my mother used to say "Impersonation is the best form of flattery." I even had an Administrator on a Snarry site delete my stories and steal them for their own. But I really don't care, because it's still MY idea and it's not like I was getting paid for it, it's just for fun! It's kinda cool to see where people go with it if you stop updating and they have to post something. I made a game out of it with one of my originals that got stolen, they were posting my Author Note's too, so I said I'd update in a week. I didn't, and the readers started tripping, so THEY wrote a quick little chapter an posted. So I stole that one and posted it just to fuck with their head and let them know that I knew. It was pretty epic and way more hilarious than just having them deleted. Anyway, that's my two cents. (And the stories are on a PUBLIC website, and haven't gotten a formal copy write, soooo technically it's not illegal if you change the name, just saying.…) :D

—None of this was intended to be rude or hurtful to anyone in anyway, I just have a twisted since of humor sometimes. TT^TT I don't think Apollo liked my premature ejaculation joke, geesh, Admins can be total moms someimes. ;P

I wanted to know the author because I don't think that it was copied off someone else because I pretty much have read every story in this genre and I know I have never read anything like this before. So the story was deleted for no good reason so I am wanted to go find it and reassure the writer that I am still following their food story even when their accused of something they did not do. Their has been many stories deleted on this website becuase they have been falsely accused of copying but I personally think if a story is not copied word for word and changed to be better then authors should not be accused of plagiarism this is fanfiction where we are basically being plagiarism off the people who actually own Harry Potter so who are the fanfiction authors to complain about their non-profit fanfiction. I getting so paranoid that a good orginal fanfiction will be deleted because so phony who does not like the story because it is too racy reports the story as copied from another story just because they don't like the story.

Ranko,

Regardless of whether the story in question was stolen - and DG said before that she didn't check to see if that one had been - this person WAS a CONFIRMED plagiarist. We do NOT delete stories just because someones says "I think this was stolen." Admin requires PROOF of the plagiarism before it's deleted. Look at any of the numerous threads in the Hall of Shame.

If you want more information on what is considered plagiarism as far as this site is concerned, look at Apollo's news post from 10/23/10 here. Word-for-word is not the only type of plagiarism.

As far as the author deletion this time, it's simple. The site has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for plagiarists. Do it, and you're banned. You're not allowed back, no matter that what you write from now on is your own.

Now, I am also going to quote from the TOS for you, so you understand that you - and everyone else who comes here - is agreeing to this when you access the site:

You understand that when posting User Submissions, you are stating that any work submitted under your User Account is your own personal work and has not been in any part copied or plagiarized from any source.

and

You understand that if any of the above requirements are violated that your account and/or submissions are subject to being hidden, edited, deleted, or being taken control of by the administrators of the site. You understand that your ability to return to the site after these actions are taken is solely at the discretion of the site’s staff and is not subject to discussion.

If you want the story I suggest you look elsewhere to find it.

This is the last thing I will say about this. Regardless of whether or not this story was what caused the author to be removed, the point is, the author was REMOVED from the site for plagiarism. We do not support plagiarists here, not in any way, shape or form.

I will say this, any more search reqs for this author and/or stories BY this author, will be deleted. The same goes for any requests regarding work by other KNOWN plagiarists.

notamused.jpg