Click Here!

Dexter

Squallfan

Guest CreepingKate

I've read the books "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" and "Dearly Devoted Dexter", the second one is a hoot - with an even scarier bad guy. Sadly, I don't have Showtime ohmy.gifsad.gifcrying.gif &nsbp; &nsbp;so I can't see the show until it moves to something like A&E. Just saw a blurb for an Odd Thomas series too, you read those books?

I've read the books "Darkly Dreaming Dexter" and "Dearly Devoted Dexter", the second one is a hoot - with an even scarier bad guy. Sadly, I don't have Showtime ohmy.gifsad.gifcrying.gif &nsbp; &nsbp;so I can't see the show until it moves to something like A&E. Just saw a blurb for an Odd Thomas series too, you read those books?

Never read those. I do read James Patterson's Alex Cross books though. Those are awesome. Can't wait to read Dexter. Like I said, the show is great, so it will be interesting to see how different the books are. yes.gif

I love DEXTER! That series knocks EVERY other type show out of the ball park! I mean, Dexter is so complex yet curious at the same time!

Did anybody else guess you-know-who was the ice-truck killer after after the episode he was introduced?

Yeah, but when they showed who he was in the last episode "Shrink Wrap", I felt so... so... let down, ya'know? Almost like they could have kept some of it hidden or leave us that little taste of suspense. unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Only one more episode left of Dexter for the season. crying.gif I finally read the book and I have to say the book is good, but the show is awesome. Maybe it's because I started watching the show before I read it. Anyway, I hope Showtime keeps this series up. I was disappointed before when they cancelled Dead Like Me. The bastards! realmad.gif

This will sort of spoil episode 12 if you've yet to see it.

Have you've ever watched any tv show with such a satisfying conclusion? Dexter walking through the crowd towards Rudy's house, every one cheering, Debra holding his hand in the air. It was amazing. Dexter has been, and most likely will be for a long while, the best show I have ever seen.

This will sort of spoil episode 12 if you've yet to see it.

Have you've ever watched any tv show with such a satisfying conclusion? Dexter walking through the crowd towards Rudy's house, every one cheering, Debra holding his hand in the air. It was amazing. Dexter has been, and most likely will be for a long while, the best show I have ever seen.

Loved the ending. The whole show was much different than the book. Honestly, I like what they've done with the show much better. Can't wait for the new season!*waiting excitedly* bounce.gif

• 6 months later...

The new season has begun, I just watched episodes one and two and I'm back in love.

Of course I love the Dexter's morning routine opening, its just awesome.

SPOILER :
I've read Dearly Devoted Dexter and the series is taking a different route (and its a good one). But the name of the first episode is IT LIVES and that just had me smirking like an idiot expecting the barking dog but then the curve ball was thrown.

I have to say, the only thing about the books that I miss in the show is Cody and Astrid following in Dexter's footsteps.

• 4 weeks later...

I adore Dexter. I'm actually in the process of writing a fanfic based off of the books.

The second season looks bloody awesome, though. I saw the first two episodes recently, and wow.

SPOILER :
For those of you out there who have read Dearly Devoted, it doesn't follow that book at ALL. It was a little disappointing, in that the villain in that one was freaking evil, but I do still have very high hopes for this season.

• 1 month later...

I had them pre-aired since august, so I've been drooling for the next episode since them. Its been difficult, but this sunday means more Dexter! I can't wait to see how he handles his little dilemma.

SPOILER :
Unlike you Jadwin, I'm glad they didn't go the Dr Dango route. I love the books but at the moment I like the show more.

shifty.gif Anybody else like how he solved his "little problem?"

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It's so well written, and the last episode:

SPOILER :
"I will not kill my sister, I will not kill my sister, I will not kill my sister." was fuckin' hysterical! laugh.gif

Also, did anybody else notice that Wild Bill Hithcock(sp?) from Deadwood has appeared? cool.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.