Click Here!

Pairings That Make You Cringe.

Guest arichang

Guest arichang

Here's an interesting question that doesn't seem to be talked about too often--which pairings or couplings (or threesomes, foursomes, whatever) ... do you absolutely loathe? oh... and why, of course.

Personally, though I don't really have a valid reason just yet... I hate the Leorio/Kurapika pairing from HunterXHunter. I'm aware of the fact that the anime itself is abaundant of HINTS.. especially the last episode... but... I just can't seem to like it. I've tried... but I can't.. it's just too...

they don't seem like they match. I'm still thinking of a reason. So sue me.

Gundam Seed. Kira and Fllay (or however the hell it's spelled)

I cannot say enough about how wrong this was, and no fanfiction needed to make it worse. However, that being said, I think this pairing is about the most realistic one I've ever come across. I always hoped Kira would end up with someone more...deserving. Needless to say, I wasn't sad when the...oops, spoiler, in case you didn't see it, I'm glad the relationship ended the way it did.

Guest Big Samurai

I second the Flay / Kira vote. Flay is one of the most useless characters I have seen in any anime. It seemed like the creators were unsure as to what to do with her, and, by the time they decided to try and make her fit the 'tragic love interest' role occupied by at least one female character in every Gundam series, there was no sympathy left for her among the viewers. She could have been a very good character, but, in the end, like much of the series itself, she was filler.

Minor Edit: Hey, my 400th post! Whee!

Congrats, Big guy laugh.gif

I didn't see what Kira saw in her. She was so shallow if you dove in, you'd break your neck! The thing about that is you don't often see that sort of pairing in a story. In real life, yes. There's lots of couples where you just have to wonder: "WTF does he see in her?" (or vica versa) So, I appreciated it in that sense. Considering her character, though, you have to wonder if the creators didn't make her one of those "you love to hate them" sort of deals.

Gundamn Wing - Relena and Heero.

It's like hitting a brick wall with flowers! I never could see why these two went together so well! These two irk me to no ends.

He's an assasin/trained solider and she's a Princess. It just makes me cringe when these two are put together.

Guest Emikochan

Ya i agree with Heero and Relena ^^; what where they thinking with that?

As for a pairing/s i loathe Inuyasha's Inuyasha and Kikyo- she always gets in the way of him and Kagome it's so irritating

another pairing i cant stand is Naruto's Naruto and Hinata- it's always the same, she hides and blushes and he never notices, IT GOES NOWHERE >.<;;

And finally Fruits Basket Tohru and Kyo- NO not cuz im a fan of her and Yuki, I just think she makes a better little sister figure to him, when i see them together like that it just grosses me out like incest gross (and i cant stand that-well okay that's a lie with some couples ^///^) serously though it's just disturbing

Oh ya and one more- Fushigi Yuugi- Tasuki paired up with Miaka GROSS!!!!

MIAKA X TAMAHOME FOREVER!!!

Hmmm...Letsee...Let's try to make this orderly:

InuYasha

Sess/Rin, mostly because, ew, he's like a father figure for chrissake!

Sess/Inu, insest is not my bag and really...it doesn't work for them....

Hellsing

Alucard/Seras, just...no. It doesn't work anywhere except for the crappy anime and even then....

Alucard/Anderson, it's always bothered me for some reason even tis a wierd vibe between them. Maybe it's cos I've always secretly preferred Anderson/Maxwell.

Cowboy Bebop

Jet/Spike, it's the crackiest of crack pairings imho....

Guest arichang
another pairing i cant stand is Naruto's Naruto and Hinata- it's always the same, she hides and blushes and he never notices, IT GOES NOWHERE >.<;;

And finally Fruits Basket Tohru and Kyo- NO not cuz im a fan of her and Yuki, I just think she makes a better little sister figure to him, when i see them together like that it just grosses me out like incest gross (and i cant stand that-well okay that's a lie with some couples ^///^) serously though it's just disturbing

I agree with the NaruHin thing.... sort of. I don't loathe the pairing per se, however... it's just too... i don't know. naruto's too much of an idiot and hinata is too much of... well... a shy girl. however... it does make a nice sort of love triangle type thing in NejiHin fics... it breaks my heart every time. XD

As far as Naruto pairings go... it's SasuSaku that creep the hell out of me. i mean... that has got to be one of the the most disgusting pairings ever (next to Roy/Ed from FMA, that is...) .... seriously. and KakaIru has never really appealed to me. really. i just don't see enough substance for that particular pairing in neither the anime nor manga.

I... unfortunately... DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU... when it comes to the Kyou/Tohru thing. honestly. I'm a huge Kyou fan... and whoever he falls in love with, I have no choice (forsake my broken heart) to root for him.

I personally think it's adorable. and really.. what part of tohru would kyou see as a younger sister? o_O ... what proof is there in the manga and/or anime that kyou ever looked at her like that... or she acted the role in anyway.. other than her being her busybody, yet innocently nosy self?

I was never a Yuki/Tohru fan. Ever.

And in the manga spoiler when Yuki did the whole "I love you......

... as a mother." spoiler thing. I almost... i don't know. died just staring wide-eyed at the screen. that had to be the crackiest twist i ever read... anywhere. did takaya-sensei run out of ideas or something? seriously?

i don't agree with the Yuki/What's-her-name pairing. you know? the girl he eventually ends up with in the end. maybe it's because we didn't really get to know her and she felt more like an poorly written OC in a fanfic somewhere... i don't know. i just didn't click with her. and i didn't really see when yuki did either.

and i totally agree with Iggy Lovechild with the Sess/Inu thing.

Gross.

Guest Emikochan
I... unfortunately... DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU... when it comes to the Kyou/Tohru thing. honestly. I'm a huge Kyou fan... and whoever he falls in love with, I have no choice (forsake my broken heart) to root for him.

well we all have our own opinions ^^; i guess i should have said im a Kagura Sohma fan laugh.gif

i don't agree with the Yuki/What's-her-name pairing. you know? the girl he eventually ends up with in the end. maybe it's because we didn't really get to know her and she felt more like an poorly written OC in a fanfic somewhere... i don't know. i just didn't click with her. and i didn't really see when yuki did either.

and i totally agree with Iggy Lovechild with the Sess/Inu thing.

and ya, i kinda feel that way about that chic too that Yuki gets paired up with, she seems so made up to me too sad.gif

and i also agree with the Sess/Inu thing, it reminds me of Naruto's Ita/Sasu yuck!

The pairings I really can't stand are:

- anyone with a nun, priest, monk or anyone else that's supposed to be celibate. Sorry, you may think it's great to see Wolfwood doing Vash, but I don't.

- Any pairing that's been done upteen million times.

- any pairing involving anyone under 16. I recently saw one that involved

Yotsuba(to.) No, sorry, that just doesn't work.

Guest ladygizarme

ack, ok, some of these have already been mentioned, but here's mine:

Naruto:

SasuSaku - ick, I can't stand it.. though it's true I rarely read het for naruto, I can still appreciate most pairings for it, except this one!! err.. well that's not COMPLETELY true.. it's really hard for me to read Sasuke with any girls, actually.. Naruto and a girl is a little easier on me, but really a completely het Sasuke or Naruto is hard for me to palate laugh.gif (though I love NaruSasuSaku, which might seem weird after reading all that lol)

KakaIru - okay, there are barely there hints, virtually none really, but I can respect that other authors see them; however, they just don't do it for me.. really, Iruka in general doesn't do it for me in any kind of sexual relationship. They pop up all the time in fics for pairings I DO like, though, which is annoying. When that happens, I usually skim over their parts unless it actually seems important to the plot. rolleyes.gif

KisaIta - ick, blue-fish-face isn't sexy to me; in a crack pairing it can be funny though laugh.gif

Fruits Basket (spoilerish!!)

Yuki and what's-her-face.. her character and their relationship so wasn't developed enough for sudden romance to erupt.. it felt like she was just thrown in there to solve the problem of "who's gonna get Touru?/who will Yuki get since Kyou will get Touru?" (personally I started out as a YukiTouru fan, then KyouTouru for a bit until i was like "waahhh, why does there have to be a choice, can't they both have her/she have both??!!" heh..) don't even get me started on the "love you like a mother" thing sad.gif

KyouKagura also doesn't do it for me; even though I can feel for her a little bit more after reading the manga, her character has always annoyed me and continues to do so

also I feel I should mention (major spoiler here!!), I laugh at yaoi pairings with Akito. I'm sure they are written by authors who have not read the manga, however it still makes me laugh; not cringe exactly, because I would have absolutely no problem with Akito in a yaoi relationship... if Akito were a guy cool.gif

Hunter x Hunter

LeoKura - ack, yes there are plenty of hints towards the end of the anime (prob more in the manga, haven't read it yet), I just don't feel them as a couple.. I can stand to read fluff for them sometimes (just because I love Kurapika and he doesn't seem to be written with anyone else), but nothing graphic.. just.. no

Hikaru no Go

any pairings involving Touya Kouyo(Meijin) or Ogata, especially Ogata/Akira, Touya-cest, Touya K/Sai, Ogata/Sai

umm.. I'm sure there's lots more but right now I can't think of them.. unsure.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Naruto

SasuSaku - He's too much of a jerk and doesn't care for her as much as Naruto and Lee do. mad.gif

Shaman King

MarcoLyserg - For starters, Marco looks like his dad. Second, it totally goes against Marco's fatherly affection for Jeanne.

YohAnna - Sick and wrong on so many levels. First of all, Anna was Yoh & Hao's mother in a past life.[spoiler warning. Highlight the white text to view.] Second of all, nobody could put up with Anna's crap in real life. It's just unreasonable. Finally, there is more true affection between Yoh & Ryu than there is between Yoh and Anna. They're simply uncompatible.

Sailor Moon

MamoruUsagi - Mamoru can do much better than Usagi. I like Chibiusa and all, but I really think Mamoru would be better off with, like Ami or Michiru.

Guest arichang

Totally agree with you on the SasuSaku thing... but for a totally different reason. I personally think Sakura should die and burn in hell. SHE IS AN ANNOYING BITCH WHO HAS NO... sense of... decency. I don't know. The way she has two personalities is ridiculous and utterly irritating.

I mean really. she is PLASTIC. especially in the manga. in the beginning, she never said what she wanted to say or what she really thought but said whatever it was would benefit her. and so, I don't think she's good enough for Sasuke. Period.

At the same time, Sasuke is too much of a bastard as well. They're just too.. I don't know. They don't match.

As for the Mamoru/Usagi thing. I don't know. I despise the way Usagi is so childish and annoying.. and yes, I agree that Mamoru could do so much better. He's much too good for her, and by god.. WHAT DOES HE SEE IN HER?!

But... to say that he'd do better with any of the other girls? I don't know. That's pushing it, I think. I guess it's because i'm biased since i'm an old-time sailormoon fan (albeit, I didn't totally LOVE the whole anime series)... but i just can't imagine mamoru with anyone else. really.

Totally agree with you on the SasuSaku thing... but for a totally different reason. I personally think Sakura should die and burn in hell. SHE IS AN ANNOYING BITCH WHO HAS NO... sense of... decency. I don't know. The way she has two personalities is ridiculous and utterly irritating.

I mean really. she is PLASTIC. especially in the manga. in the beginning, she never said what she wanted to say or what she really thought but said whatever it was would benefit her. and so, I don't think she's good enough for Sasuke. Period.

At the same time, Sasuke is too much of a bastard as well. They're just too.. I don't know. They don't match.

I agree. As much of an ass that I think Sasuke is, I still prefer him to Sakura. At least he has a reason for being a jackass.

Guest Masatar_Torlyl

I don't like Uchiha Sasuke with anyone simply because he seems disinterested in everyone and everything that doesn't have to do with his plans for revenge. Plus he's cocky and nasty to just about anyone he thinks is weaker. Sasuke's not particularly eye-ctatching to me either-- just a mess of black hair and dark eyes wearing blue. Though he has his redeeming moments that make me reanalyze him again like briefs moments of concern for his teammates and recognizing other nin that he copied from. It's truly sad that the archive is drowning Sasuke stories. So yes, I'm not a fan of any pairing that involves Sasuke.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all I would like to point out that I almost always hate OoC pairings, especially of same-sex pairings when there is absolutely not hint of them or it is completely out of the character's personality.

Hellsing

Alucard x Integra - This is very very hinted in the manga, but I find it repulsive. Vampires, especially one like Alucard, are even said to be completely inhuman in the series; therefore Alucard ought not to be having human bonding feelings. Seras x Pip I can deal because Seras was human before hand and not all that long ago.

Also, vampires are dead. There is no blood circulation, thus no sex.

Well this is the only major one I loathe, none of the other series I am into has rabid fangirls or many relationships in it.

Guest duoikari

i have to say the most hated pairing of all time is between Naruto and Sakura and Relena and heero, Relena wins over all cos she is the biggest stupid Cunt that the world has ever seen. And i just hate Sakura with feeling mad.gif I love the Naruo and hinta fatart though, if you go on ildechan there a whole gallery for her *tear*

As for yaoi pairing i really can't Stand Duo x heero(in that order) i hate duo being a seme, he is a uke end of, the only way he could be a seme is if he was with Quatre. I also hate Sasuke and Naruto(again in that order) just cos i think that Emo sasuke should defaintly be a uke. But then again there are tons of pairings i hate, but the biggest yaoi pairing of all time that is both wrong and sick has to be...dun..dun....dun

GENDO AND SHINJI FROM EVANGELION IT'S NASTY IT'S WRONG ON SO MANY LEVELS AND GENDO IS THE BIGGEST BASTARD ON EARTH WHO DESERVES TO DIE A LONG PAINFUL DEATH

sorry got a little carried alway there

Guest duoikari
Gaarea x Rock Lee.It gives ne nighmares.It makes children cry.

The two ugliest characters in the manga paired together?no thank you. sad.gif

Gaara isn't ugly *sobs* but i agree that the pairing is scary

Guest arichang
Gaarea x Rock Lee.It gives ne nighmares.It makes children cry.

The two ugliest characters in the manga paired together?no thank you. sad.gif

i have to agree with the person above. i sincerely beg to differ. Gaara... is not ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

Saiyuki - Sanzo/Gojyo. I just don't see it.

And

Weiss Kreuz - Yohji/Aya. I hate that pairing, so much. They're both too much the seme of a yaoi relationship and there isn't much story or charisma between the two, in my opinion.

Haha, the wierdest pairing I have ever seen is Goku from DBZ and...Gackt Camui. So bizarre and just...wrong. biggrin.gif

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.