Click Here!

Pairings That Make You Cringe.

Guest arichang

Akito and Yurika from Martian Sucessor Nadesico. Honestly, the way Yurika clinges to him is so horribly annoying. They should have paired Akito with Hikaru, Ryoko, Izumi, Haruka, I don't know, any other woman in the series but Yurika. Heck, I'll even take Erina over Yurika.

On that same vein, Dita and Hibiki from Vandread. The difference is, while I like Akito, I hate Hibiki's guts. The guy's so darn insensible and thickheaded. Dita could do much better if she had any selfrespect at all.

But the absolute pinnacle of wrongness has to be Ed/Al Elric. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO.

• 1 month later...
Guest MayNeuma
I don't like Uchiha Sasuke with anyone simply because he seems disinterested in everyone and everything that doesn't have to do with his plans for revenge. Plus he's cocky and nasty to just about anyone he thinks is weaker. Sasuke's not particularly eye-ctatching to me either-- just a mess of black hair and dark eyes wearing blue. Though he has his redeeming moments that make me reanalyze him again like briefs moments of concern for his teammates and recognizing other nin that he copied from. It's truly sad that the archive is drowning Sasuke stories. So yes, I'm not a fan of any pairing that involves Sasuke.

I can't deny whatever you say about Sasuke's true. He's most likely the most asexual Naruto character then again the last two remaining Uchiha are. But if you say Sasuke's not attractive then there must have been something wrong with other twenty millions Naruto fans around the world who had voted him as the most favorite character. Despite his bastardous (yes, it's a word, to me) attitudes.

Sasuke's what people consider as a pretty boy. You can find them so many nowadays by just watching Asian dramas.

-mn

• 1 month later...
Any yaoi couple.

::Throws up firewall and runs for the hills, praying he gets five seconds headstart.::

ph34r.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif

Yeah, I found a lot of Yaoi pairiings to be severely out of character to the point where its not even funny.

Just wondering, are there some religious people who get offended by nuns, priests, bishops and monks getting down with it? I don't find it offensive, but I dislike how the Catholic religions sees sex as a "necessary evil".

Just wondering, are there some religious people who get offended by nuns, priests, bishops and monks getting down with it? I don't find it offensive, but I dislike how the Catholic religions sees sex as a "necessary evil".

Uhm... as far as I know, pretty much every branch of Christianity has some problem with sex and sexuality, not just Catholicism. tongue.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Uhm... as far as I know, pretty much every branch of Christianity has some problem with sex and sexuality, not just Catholicism. tongue.gif

The sad thing about Catholicism is that they see a priest or nun having consenting sex with another adult as a greater sin than them having sex with or molesting a child.

Okay, just in anime couples or can it be any because I have a few that are non-anime that I think just really don't work for me.

First Anime ones though

Inuyasha

1.Jaken/Sessh-it.......it just turns me off Jaken is annoying and butt-ugly in my opinion. Sorry to any Jaken fans on here.

2.Kagome/Miroku-Just because he watched her bath dosen't mean anything by it, he is a guy and a pervert so I just don't see how you can start your relationship off on that.

3.Sessh/Inuyasha-THEY'RE BROTHERS! I just don't like incest stories at all I basically skim through them.

Hellsing

1. Alucard/Seras-I always thought that their relationship was more brother/sister than anything romantic. Its not that I want to bash any AxS writers on here but it just explains why you will never see me make them into any romantic pair.

2. Walter/Integra-Once again. More platonic. I think of him as more of a guardien/father figure not just to her but to Seras and Alucard as well. So no I am not much a fan of the romantic version.

3. Yumi/Heinkel-Nothing against Yuri but it dosen't do anything for me. Plus, it is all that I see for parings and so far it bores me. Really. The one thing I like about adult fics is ones that blow my mind with a twist paring.

4. Alucard/Integra-Like the Yumi/Heinkel one it is very common and thus a tad bit too predictable to me. With one exception though I love it when she treats him like the "bitch" that he is to her. Always forcing him against her will. I love it. But other than that...it dosen't excite me as much.

Neon Genesis

Kaji/Shinji-Kaji is hot no doubt about that! But he is looked up to more like a fun-loving uncle to Shinji.

Asuka/Rei-First of all Asuka hates Rei; she is always envious of her and probably wouldn't want to be in a vulnerable position before her rival.

Misato/Ritsuko-I don't see what the reason here would be. Besides I think they are more fun in a catfight than a yuri don't you think?

Edited by Tabitha

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

There's a lot of Naruto pairings in particular that bug me... more than anything though, I'm tired of seeing Itachi/Sasuke, Naru/Sasu (seriously, enough with people who'd sooner kill each other!) Kaka/Saku (I really can't see him going after a student of his), and yeah- the Lee/Gaara pairing is a horrible idea that should not be. I'm not fond of yaoi pairings in general, but I'm going cringe-worthy only here.

Inuyasha- Sess/Inuyasha (no, it doesn't even resemble 'in character'), Jaken/anyone

Card Captor Sakura- Eriol/anyone just really bugs me.

• 1 month later...

Inuyasha: Sesshomaru x Kagome. I can deal with pretty much every Inuyasha pairing (though I like some infinitely less than others) except for this one. I don't know why but I find them as a couple to be a complete and utter turn off.

Ranma 1/2: Akane x Ryoga. Don't care for them as a couple and the only time I pair them together in my stories is when I'm looking to strongly push them as the antagonists.

Naruto: Sasuke x Sakura. Normally I'm okay with straying far from keeping characters and situations true to the source material (in fact I enjoy it when an author reinvents a character) but with these two I just can't get over the fact that throughout the entire time Sasuke is with the team Sakura is throwing herself at him and he ignores her. He's not the type to play hard to get. When he wants something he goes after it regardless of who he might hurt in the process. Therefore if he had one iota of interest in her she'd already be in his bed.

X-men Evolution: Lance x Kitty. I couldn't stand them as a couple when the show aired and I can't stand them still. Seriously I'll take ANY pairing over this one.

X-men Evolution: Rogue x Remy. I don't hate this couple, the pairing just doesn't do anything for me. Can't bring myself to get excited in any capacity for them. What does irk me however is that on FF I have to wade through endless waves of Rogue x Remy stories to find anything decent. C'mon, there are plenty of other characters to work with so there's not much excuse for drawing from the same well so much. Still, I'll take them over "Lancitty" any day of the week.

Final Fantasy VII: Tifa x Vincent. My dislike of this couple stems from a fanfic I read a long time ago. To make a long story short it put me off Vincent. Took me a long time to get over it enough to play "Dirge of Cerberus".

• 1 year later...
Guest EricMartin

Sailor Moon:

Usagi/Mamoru. Two words: Age. Difference. In real life, if a guy who is so clearly an adult starts dating an underage girl, he typically gets arrested. Seriously, that was just creepy.

Ranma 1/2:

Tatewaki/Kodachi. Ugh. Any pairing involving either of these two freaks is disturbing enough, but get them together, and even a Shikima would say, "That's just wrong."

• 3 months later...
Guest Screwloose

Hmm... this is surprisingly hard for me to answer straightly, because there are so many pairings I like and so many I hate.

These are the criteria that make up the pairings I like:

1) Showcased. The pairing has to be canon, not fanon.

2) The paired characters have qualities that make the pairing work well.

3) They actually unconditionally love each other for who they are.

Any pairing that has these three checked off is something I like; I usually can't stand yaoi or yuri, but so long as it has these I can tolerate it. But sometimes there's just those pairings that serve to do nothing but fill pages/animation time - or maybe that should be one character trying to get fresh with another and failing miserably at it. These moments just make me want to smash my head against the nearest hard surface. The oft-mentioned SasukexSakura from Naruto is a good example of this. (In fact, I honestly can't see Sasuke or Sakura being paired with anyone canonically in the series, as cold as that is.)

There are some cases when I prefer the relationships to be left open; this something I'm sure we can all agree on, as it gives us something to write about. Sadly though there's the ugly side to this that opens the way to all that yaoi/yuri for the sake of yaoi/yuri that I have to root through to find what's good. That's part of why I like AFF, because it actually has separate sections for that. (I just wish people would use them more.)

...But I digress.

The question is which pairings I hate, my answer is any that aren't canon, befitting of the characters or showing that they have actual feelings for each other. Showing me a relationship that doesn't have any of these will do nothing but incite rage.

EDIT: <insert swear word here> I only looked at the last posting date after I posted myself. Terribly sorry for the thread necromancy.

Edited by Screwloose

I don't like Uchiha Sasuke with anyone simply because he seems disinterested in everyone and everything that doesn't have to do with his plans for revenge. Plus he's cocky and nasty to just about anyone he thinks is weaker. Sasuke's not particularly eye-ctatching to me either-- just a mess of black hair and dark eyes wearing blue. Though he has his redeeming moments that make me reanalyze him again like briefs moments of concern for his teammates and recognizing other nin that he copied from. It's truly sad that the archive is drowning Sasuke stories. So yes, I'm not a fan of any pairing that involves Sasuke.

Thank you very much. Although it looks like he imitated a duck's tail feathers for a hair style more so than ugly.... Although then again... Although the damn near internal fits he can have if anyone might possibly be considered more powerful or if someone works to being there is just a bit... Off-putting to be honest. Yeah.... He's also too self-centered on his goals to even think about someone else's well being. He's too willing to kill now without remorse. Almost a psychotic sociopath perhaps?

As for the Mamoru/Usagi pairing... Well, I thought he was a dick in the animated series to be honest... In the manga the age gap isn't so bad, and he's not as asshole-ish. So, I can't be too upset about it. Also, Seiya is a pretty nice guy but turns into a girl who is devoted to another princess.... Not such a good alternate.

But pairings that bug the living fuck out of me...

Any written horribly or unrealistically. In general, that is my going view.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cynthia Finnegan

Gundamn Wing - Relena and Heero.

It's like hitting a brick wall with flowers! I never could see why these two went together so well! These two irk me to no ends.

He's an assasin/trained solider and she's a Princess. It just makes me cringe when these two are put together.

They go together because they're both reckless, especially in the beginning, put others ahead of themselves, and they look out for each other. Besides, everything that's considered canon says so, and that does not include Frozen Teardrop because it's not considered canon by the original creators of the series. And she's a Vice Foreign Minister (taking up where her adopted father left off), not a princess.

As for me, yaoi pairings, especially ones where rape is involved, make me cringe.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any pairing where the writer feels the need to change fundamental parts of their personality. I understand creative license, some pairings are exceedingly difficult to write. But when the author is saying that (guy) is actually a (girl) in disguise and has harbored a secret love for their most hated enemy, and shall thus be known as a different really random name... yeah you lost me there.

Yaoi pairings where one of them is made into a crying little girl with no spine, and can easily be swayed by some magical power of sex. While sex is wonderful I fail to see how someone who in cannon has a lot of fortitude can be made into a virtual slave from a good lay. Also along these lines: The whole seme/uke thing... so annoying and overdone! Real life is just not like that, and the propensity of that ideal makes it seem childish. And that is sad because there are some really good stories out there where that terminology/idealism is appropriate.

ANY pairing where the victim of rape falls in love with a rapist! If the fic is actually meant to be psychologically damaging and the author has intentions of using stockholm syndrome then it needs to be done realistically.

Crossover pairings. Crossovers just dont do it to me. I have a very difficult time understanding the need to meld the Inuyasha/Harry Potter universe together.

Specific pairings... well I'm just about open to anything provided it is written well. I am not going to read one story and judge the entire pairing class on a single author's take

• 2 weeks later...

Kagome from Inuyasha paired with ANYone. Miroku is too good for her, Sesshomaru wouldn't even bother with her, Inuyasha is clearly in love with Kikyo, Kouga-- well he's in love with inuyasha (At least in my world).

Tsunade Orichimaru pairings creep me out because I'm a die hard Jiraiya fan girl.

Really can't think of any others I detest.

Any pairing where the writer feels the need to change fundamental parts of their personality. I understand creative license, some pairings are exceedingly difficult to write. But when the author is saying that (guy) is actually a (girl) in disguise and has harbored a secret love for their most hated enemy, and shall thus be known as a different really random name... yeah you lost me there.

Yaoi pairings where one of them is made into a crying little girl with no spine, and can easily be swayed by some magical power of sex. While sex is wonderful I fail to see how someone who in cannon has a lot of fortitude can be made into a virtual slave from a good lay. Also along these lines: The whole seme/uke thing... so annoying and overdone! Real life is just not like that, and the propensity of that ideal makes it seem childish. And that is sad because there are some really good stories out there where that terminology/idealism is appropriate.

ANY pairing where the victim of rape falls in love with a rapist! If the fic is actually meant to be psychologically damaging and the author has intentions of using stockholm syndrome then it needs to be done realistically.

Crossover pairings. Crossovers just dont do it to me. I have a very difficult time understanding the need to meld the Inuyasha/Harry Potter universe together.

Specific pairings... well I'm just about open to anything provided it is written well. I am not going to read one story and judge the entire pairing class on a single author's take

This. I hardly have any problems with any specific pairings. As long as it's well written--somewhat realistic, coherent storyline--I'll try anything out. I have a hard time reading wildly divergent characterizations, even if the author claims OOC at the begining. For me, it's kinda like, we're writing fanfiction, and a heavy part of that is that we're using characters who already have personalities that people know. If at least some of that personality doesn't show through, it might as well be original fiction. Like, I hate when people take characters who are fighters, like Sephiroth (FFVII) and Revy (Black Lagoon), and turn them into simpering sissies. It could be my favorite pairing in the world with all my favorite elements, but if the characterization is fundamentally flawed, it turns me off instantly.

Whoever said

But pairings that bug the living fuck out of me...

Any written horribly or unrealistically. In general, that is my going view.

Give yourself a big cookie, ma'am. I really, really, really hate OOC things. Bad grammar is bad grammar, and I have been known to correct the grammar in a chapter and send it to the author via pm... So many abstract thoughts lost in bad grammar.

Also... A little outside of anime: Any Percy Jackson pairings with gods or goddesses. Something just doesn't sit right with a Apollo/Jackson pairing.

And to the person hiding from yaoi lovers, I'll bring you provisions every other week if that works for you. I'm not a big fan myself... Not hating on it in RL, but I can't bring myself to read it.

I just finished reading Hot Gimmick S and I really have to say the whole Shinogu X Hatsumi pairing really creeps me out. I know I wrote a fanfiction once where that was one of the pairings, but I really wrote the whole thing just to be vile . . .

Also, this is way off the whole Anime/Manga topic, but I have to say it. Steve Carell and Keira Knightly in that movie that's supposed to come out, "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World," has to be the weirdest pairing ever imagined. It's like the producers got together and said "Hey, I know, lets think of two people who should NEVER EVER be in the same movie little less opposite romantic roles and put them together!"

I swear to God I got goosebumps and nausea when I saw the publicity poster at the movie theater . . .

• 3 months later...

Hellsing's Alucard and anyone does not do it for me as he is far too removed from humanity imho. Though he might well fuck someone just to fuck with their minds so to speak :) . Seras on the other hand is still trying to cling to her humanity.

Evangelion Kaji Shinji not that impossible Kaji is a dirt bag and would probably do anything if it got him closer to the truth or was just horny. Him not doing Asuka is a bit unrealistic ok she is nuts and under age ,but, there is little in Kaji's character to explain the restraint on his part.

Gendo Shinji is pretty vile though make Shinji a girl and it becomes as horribly possible as Rei Gendo. He is a grade one bastard and has a girl who would do anything for a bit of praise.

Rei Asuka well Asuka is nuts so some sort of twisted love hate is possible.

Full metal panic Souske Gauron. I wouldn't believe in a consensual relationship.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.