Click Here!

Opening up the whole thing for viewing ONLY

DemonGoddess

I noticed that some of you would rather not go through having your readers sign up for the forum, which is fine, if that's your preference. Although, you're all missing out on a good tool for many things which the archive simply cannot do.

Enough on that.

Anyway, what I was thinking, is that I can open up the fandom forums for view ONLY to guest viewers. In order to respond, they will still be REQUIRED to register.

Thoughts?

I like the idea. It's better to get a taste of what you're getting into beforehand. It's a pain to go through a registration process for something only to find out it's not what you thought or simply not your thing.

If it's open then guests will be more likely to check it out, and more likely to eventually sign up, I would think.

Of course, then I'd be tempted to open a new thread in "Promote a Story!" for every story I post and then put a link at the tail of the story itself. (Tempted doesn't mean that I would, meek person that I am, but there is at least one review I wish I could have responded to in detail.)

I think that sounds great.

Many readers might not feel like signing up just so they can read the author responses, so they just skip it, but having it open would give them the freedom to check it out, without obligation of signing up.

It might also get more people to sign up for the forum so they can respond to the author posts.

Anyways, sounds like a very good idea.

Sorry, it's almost 5 a.m. over here... can't sleep... I'll shut up now. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.