Click Here!

Content code suggestions

salarta

Hi, I'm writing this in a bit of a rush, so apologies if there's a better place for this.

I've been told about using the Other code for anything not covered by the codes already in place, but there's a couple ideas I tend to use in stories that have long names to describe them. Since there's a 240 character limit in the summary field, I thought it might be best to ask on this since I sometimes use a lot of atypical concepts in my stories. Too many might make it hard to get everything in. The abbreviations themselves are just suggestions.

TF - transformation

CR - corruption

For anyone who might wonder, corruption is a character turning evil; it CAN include a physical element, but the focus tends to be mental. Transformation is the character's physical appearance, biology, etc changing; it doesn't necessarily mean they turn evil.

Thanks for reading this and any input.

• 5 months later...

a No Sex code =nosex to denote stories that have no overt sexual content

crack fiction code-cracfic to denote humorous stories whose main plot is serious stupidity, not meant to be taken seriously

• 5 months later...

I guess i do have a content code request for 'abortion,' please.

I have an idea for a Star Trek: Next Gen fic that resolves around that issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Rule 63 code = "R63", "rule63", or "Genderflip" for fics, like the Yu-Gi-Oh! fic I'm working on, the involve rule 63 of the internet, which states "For every given male character, there is a female version of that character.", and "For every given female character, there is a male version of that character.'' Writers of such fics should, however, keep in mind that there are, inherently, more female versions of male characters than vice-versa.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

can i get an RP tag? RP=roleplay of a sexual or non sexual nature by characters in the story.

• 1 month later...

For Robosexuals like myself:

PnP= Plug n' Play. For when two robotic 'mechs' or something of the like use USB or audio jacks to plug in to one another and swap data until overload, or orgasm, is achieved.

Sparksex/Sparkplay= Transformers-only tag, where one Transformer touches another's Spark for sexual pleasure. This is also called "Spark Bonding" but that is only when the two Bond their Sparks together.

Sticky= Also for Transformers and other robot fandoms. It's when the robots have humanoid sexual organs, a 'cord' and 'valve/port' if you will, which is basically a human penis and vagina but metal. There are different terms, cable, cord, valve, port, input, ect.

MechaxHuman= this explains itself, it's a human having sex with a mecha. Transformers, Gundam, the list goes on for this one.

SizeKink/Sizedifference= when one robot [or human] is significantly smaller than the other. This works well for Transformers especially, since some of them are a mere 6 feet tall while others can be planet sized, or the size of a city, or 500 feet tall. Some of the more massive ones such as Omega Surpreme are so massive that they are used only as a ship of others. Skyfire is another one, he's around the 50-60ft mark. This means that Size Kink is a huge one and is very popular. examples are Bumblebee/Optimus Prime. 9foot Bumblebee with 25Foot Optimus.

Alt.Mode= Transformers having interface[sex] with one or more of them being in Alternative Mode. [Car, jet, ect mode].

That's all I can think of for now. <:

• 2 years later...

can i get an RP tag? RP=roleplay of a sexual or non sexual nature by characters in the story.

My problem with this tag, is that it would easily be mistaken for as we now allow RPs in the archive between users.

Woefully delayed, apologies, but have an idea that might possibly resolve the RP issue for being able to note it on stories. Instead of the traditional "RP" which would create problems, perhaps something more like "Scn" (Scene/Scenario) or "RSitn" (Roleplay Situation) ?

Just a thought for when you can scrounge five minutes to mull it over. Would allow for users writing a roleplay situation between their characters that requires a more restrictive warning (e.g. rape roleplay which requires RapeFic) to also have something which would let readers know that though there is a trigger involved in the story, it's a roleplay.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ferric

Could there be a content code for Monster Girls and Monster Guys? Because I'm working on a bunch of original stories where there are some characters who are not aliens, hence using the xeno content code does not really apply, but they are also not really animal people in the way most people think of anthros so I do not think that content code would work either.

For example one of the characters in question is a muscular, black skinned woman who is over eight feet tall and has the head of a hyena and I am under the impression that it takes more than the head of an animal for a being to be called an anthro. Other than her head she is basically human despite her height and unnaturally dark skin color.

Another is a fish like creature, respembling a cross between a glass catfish and a plecco with a face that resembles that of a woman, albeit practically skeletal.

I also have plans for a story that features a being with a wolf skull for a head and a relatively human body plan. The creature is not a demon though, nor is it a ghost so giving it any of the existing content codes would not feel quite right to me, like I would be misleading readers by saying that the creature is a demon, because it is not evil, nor is it capable of doing any of the things one would expect if they were looking for a story about a ghost.

A Monster Girl/Monster Guy content code might be a good catch all for any humanoid creature that some people would consider disturbing in appearance, that does not fall into the other categories for intelligent, nonhuman beings.

I would like to suggest RapeFic be changed to Rape, because RapeFic insinuates that the story is centred around rape, while a good amount of stories include rape but are not centred around it, which makes RapeFic an awkward fit. On the other hand, Rape fits rape-centred stories as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not seen any stories needing tags such as listed (foodplay and snowballing), nor has staff said anything about seeing content needing those tags.

If something is added for vampires and/or werewolves, it'd have to be an all inclusive type thing, for any preternatural/supernatural type humanoid.

As far as vampires and werewolves go, we have Vampires as a subcategory in Originals. In the fandom archives, it's usually pretty obvious which fandoms are prone to having vampires and/or weres, and requiring authors to tag for the obvious when writing a True Blood or Teen Wolf fanfic seems excessively burdensome on the authors. We also need to keep in mind that tags are contained in the Summary Field, and we have a 240 character restriction in that field. We'd like to leave authors room for a summary in addition to those tags.

We try to keep tagging to those things that we believe readers need to be forewarned about in terms of content. We add tags as required for content of that nature, like the recent additions of AB/DL, TB/DL, Ageplay and Humanoids. That is content some readers may find upsetting, or objectionable, and therefore we deem it taggable. If we get a huge surge of readers complaining vociferously in email about marriages and weddings, and/or cheating and infidelity, we'll of course look at adding those tags. But for now, I haven't seen any complaints about that content.

Oh, no, those last two suggestions were more to help people find things they would enjoy reading, which I see as the secondary use of tags. No issues then, have a good one and thank you for your time.

We're currently rewriting the archive code, and at some point in future, we may have a better method for searching by tags. If that does happen, I'm sure we'll look at tags again, and perhaps have a secondary level of optional tags that authors can use if they want. Right now, although it's possible to search by tags, we've really focused more on the tags that are required.

We never know what the future will bring, though, and we do keep requests like this in mind as the new code is being developed. :)

• 7 months later...

I've always been one of those folks who think there could be too many tags, so this is totally hypocritical and shit, but can the old time AFF code Bond - Bondage be brought back?

Currently there's only BDSM, and since BDSM needs to be consensual (and, y'know, safe and sane) to be BDSM it means I can't use it when folks are getting bound up in less than full consent situations eg peril, mind control, dyslexic warlock's accidental summoning of a rope monster .... I know I could just as a Bond tag anyway, but it feels more official if it is official.

Yeah, I'll sit over here with my big ol' hypocrite sign.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.