Click Here!

Beta for Hire

Guest Nikkular

Guest Nikkular

Hello! I'm an aspiring author who's now looking to beta for another.

What I do:

:: Basic Editing (Spelling, Grammar.. so on)

:: Story Flow

:: Characterization (I can let you know if someone gets a bit too OOC for Fandoms and offer suggestions on how to correct)

:: Cover those nasty plot holes with concrete ^.^

I'm interested in a wide variety of stories. I of course am more then willing to work on an original fiction piece, but I am also interested in the following Fandoms:

:: Inuyasha (My current and long time obsession)

:: Naruto

:: Rurouni Kenshin

Those are the only Fandom's i've really read. If you have something different feel free to ask me about it. I've watched numerous Anime, T.V shows, movies, and I read a decent amount, so if I've heard of it and at least know the story line, I feel that I can edit for you.

As for things I'm not willing to do, I'm really quite open. I'm slightly uncomfortable with Yaoi, but as long as it isn't solely based on it I'm sure I could manage.

Nikkular,

I'm Jet. I'm currently writing 5 stories. One to three story updates a week so its a lot of work but since i'm currently without a beta you have your pick of my stories to work on. If you can do one, fantastic; however, if you want to take on more than that, I'm forever in your debt. Mainly I need grammar checks and some basic feedback. A few hard kicks in the head or harsh critism never hurts. If you can beta please contact me at Jet@noirromance.com or via PM.

My body of work mainly encompasses humans though occasionally my characters have been shifters of sorts. My range extends from historical to fantasy to mob themes. While I do have experience with non-con themes and some edgy bdsm, I'm not writing hopeless drivel for the mentally fucked up. My stories have a point and are meant to really explore characters as people not 2D badly thought out cliches. Nothing's wrong with a little fluff now and then to cheer yourself up but that's not my goal. Many of my works feature Male/Male relationships, polygamous relations, bdsm or just plain kinky sex. Feel free to check out my work on AFF.Net or on NoirRomance.com.

The stories that I'd like you to look into beta-ing are To Rule or Lovely Thorns, both are Het based fiction though in both there is some level of polygamy or m/m interaction. I understand that you may be uncomfortable irrigardless of there heterosexual basis. If you'd like to check them out or feel comfortable taking one of them on that would be great.

-Jet

I'm interested in a wide variety of stories. I of course am more then willing to work on an original fiction piece, but I am also interested in the following Fandoms:

:: Inuyasha (My current and long time obsession)

:: Naruto

:: Rurouni Kenshin

As for things I'm not willing to do, I'm really quite open. I'm slightly uncomfortable with Yaoi, but as long as it isn't solely based on it I'm sure I could manage.

I am definetly okay if you aren't really comfortable with doing yaoi. The majority of my fanfics are hetero though the latest are yaoi I'm more than willing for you to take the other ones. I do crossovers, angst, fluff, humor, romance kind of fics.

Like I have a Inuyasha/Rurouni Kenshin crossover called 'The Color of Blood' on both ff.net and aff.net that could definetly use your loving care. It's suddenly become popular and I want it to really shine by making sure it's correctly edited. Here is the link to the story by the way: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2456065/1/The_Color_of_Blood

I also have the Inuyasha story 'Hate is Only Skin Deep' that is temporarily on haitus but is still one of my pride and joys. You can pace yourself with this fic since there are a lot of chapters but to have someone edit it would be a dream come true. Hope you are okay with a Kagome/Inuyasha pairing... oh and did I mention it's a real angst... http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1869935/1/Hate_is_Only_Skin_Deep

Well anyway I hope to hear from you. My e-mail is simplywandering@yahoo.com. I'm an author for fanfiction.net and adult-fanfiction.org but my pen names are different for each. They are Simply Hopeless and Assassin's Kiss and I hope that you consider me as a potential partner. Well thanks...

~Assassin's Kiss

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

My major (*cough* only *cough*) fandom right now is InuYasha and I would really like some help with my stories. I have one on the go called Serene Lies and I have another idea for one (but I probably won't start on it until Serene Lies is finished).

This is the link for my beta request: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...showtopic=12184

And here is the link for my authors profile: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296870792

If you want to take a look at what I have and get back to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

SereneLies

Guest Nikkular
Hey there,

My major (*cough* only *cough*) fandom right now is InuYasha and I would really like some help with my stories. I have one on the go called Serene Lies and I have another idea for one (but I probably won't start on it until Serene Lies is finished).

This is the link for my beta request: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...showtopic=12184

And here is the link for my authors profile: http://inu.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296870792

If you want to take a look at what I have and get back to me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

SereneLies

I'm definitely interested, but I won't be able to take a better look for another week. I'm going up north for a week and I won't have a computer at my disposal. I'll take a closer look when I get back.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.