Click Here!

First time Beta at your service

GudenMulle

Hello there people! :D

I will start by stating at once that I do not speak English as my first language, but I do pride myself on being fairly good at the language.

I am therefore limited by my vocabulary.

I can help you with spelling 'till a certain extent, due to above mentioned reasons, grammatic errors, same reason, flow of the fic and ideas.

I further more have a knack for describing emotions with a rather vivid language. General critique.

I can be harsh on people, so please tell me from the get-go how much critique I can throw on you. It will be constructive, not mindless bull.

I am a slightly busy person, but I have this tendency to overlook my studies and work in favor of fanfiction (oops!).

I will gladly Beta the following YAOI:

Anime

- Naruto (can do het/yuri here as well)

- Bleach

- Inuyasha (can do het/yuri here as well)

- Yu-Gi-Oh

- FullMetal Alchemist

- Ouran High School Host Club

- Fruits Basket (can do het/yuri here as well)

Books

- Harry Potter (I am probably one of the biggest Harry Potter-geeks out there,

beware of my unbelievable useless mass of Harry Potter-knowledge.) (can do het/yuri here as well)

TV-series

- NCIS

- Gilmore Girls

I would prefer to not read anything, sexually, involving:

faeces, urin, excessive violence (the ripping off limbs explicitly described-level, though I am pretty tough)

or tentacles or anything like that.

Very important:

| I can be.. obsessive compulsive(?) about series. After I've watched an anime, I'm never satisfied, so series like Yu-Gi-Oh, Fruits Basket, Naruto ect,

I know more than what the Anime tells, because I read about it on Wikipedia. I spoil the fun for myself, sad truth.

(I know that's not neccesarily the most reliable source of information)

| I've read fanfictions belonging to all of the above mentioned animes/books/tv-series, and therefore am feeling pretty confident.

| I must also stress the following: I have not read any manga, everything I know of the anime-series are from the Anime-adaption

If you choose to have me as your Beta, please contact me here or my email egf_tas@hotmail.com

• 1 month later...

You said to either contact you here or via e-mail so I'll contact you here first. I nearly jumped up and down for joy when I heard that you can do Fruits Basket and Naruto work. I actually have an interesting FB/Naruto crossover that I'm working on called 'Serendipity' but I'm jumping the gun.

I find it very admirable that you can beta even though english isn't your first language. Everytime I try to speak another language it's so choppy and barely understadable that I wonder if I'll ever learn any other language besides english.

If you do choose me I would have you focusing mainly on Fruits Basket, Naruto and Inuyasha fics. I do both hetero and yaoi so I'm glad you are able to beta for those as well. If you are a bit harsh than I will try my best to grin and bare it for the sake of the fanfic. There must obviously be reasons why you might feel it necessary to critic me... you would be my beta. But so I don't feel like a two year old who has been spanked with no obvious explanation, I would need a reason why I did a particular thing wrong to correct it. *pokes at her last sentence* didn't quite make sense... did it*

But anyway I will of course give you credit for helping me in my fic. And on occasion I will e-mail/IM you randomly to give you a paragraph or two and ask you if this sounds right, should I cut this sentence, or the what not. I have work and school so I can easily understand if you are unable to do something at a certain period of time just let me know.

I just need a beta who is mature enough to stick by me through thick and thin. And if they can't make it through it all have the decency to let me know it's too much instead of fading into the background. I've had it with ff.net betas because the ones I run into weren't that loyal but hopefully with you that will be different.

I guess that's all... Hope you consider me. And if you do please contact me at simplywandering@yahoo.com. And mark the subject of the message as 'Potential Beta'. Thanks for reading my utter nonsense and until next time...

~Assassin's Kiss

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WallFlower

Oh my god.

YOU ARE THE ONE!

[Hopefully]

I am Robyn,

[Not quite] Author and reader extraordinaire!

AND YOU!

Drum roll please...

ARE MY NEW BETA!

[Maybe]

I'm doing a [tiny bit] weird original fic, and you just seem like the kind of tooth-and-nail person who can help me. If you haven't noticed, I'm a little... OUT THERE, if you get my drift. And you seem down to earth and smart. I would ADORE having you as my beta, if you are willing and able to handle me, and my characters. We can get more in depth with this hold shtick later, if you want to be my beta.

If you don't, let me down gently!

-Dramatic hand movement-

Thanks very much,

Robyn

• 1 month later...

Oh...*is sad that she didn't get to you first* Should you find yourself with some time, I have a Fullmetal Alchemist AU fic (revolving around the Roy/Ed pairing-though there will be others for plot's sake) that I believe has potential, but needs some cleaning up...While I don't consider myself at beta level, I will be completely willing to offer my services to you and any fic you might need help with in exchange for you helping me out. I have helped edit some amature short stories before...I would deffinately get it done fast and be honest in my oppinions. Anyhow. Back to me begging for your services.

I wont bore you with too many details here, but if you are interested, here are some links:

(The request for a beta and overview of the story) http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...showtopic=12637

(The chapters I have posted that you can see my writing style and weaknesses from) http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600022955

Oh...*is sad that she didn't get to you first* Should you find yourself with some time, I have a Fullmetal Alchemist AU fic (revolving around the Roy/Ed pairing-though there will be others for plot's sake) that I believe has potential, but needs some cleaning up...While I don't consider myself at beta level, I will be completely willing to offer my services to you and any fic you might need help with in exchange for you helping me out. I have helped edit some amature short stories before...I would deffinately get it done fast and be honest in my oppinions. Anyhow. Back to me begging for your services.

I wont bore you with too many details here, but if you are interested, here are some links:

(The request for a beta and overview of the story) http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...showtopic=12637

(The chapters I have posted that you can see my writing style and weaknesses from) http://anime2.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600022955

Hey there ^^ .

I read your description of the fic, and the first chapter in one go XD

It sounds very very interesting!

I would like to be your Beta for this fic or any future Roy/Ed, I have this burning love for Roy/Ed-fics XD.

I am also in need of a Beta actually, have you ever watched Yu-Gi-Oh?

This is a link for the fic that I am currently writing, but I might write other fics in the YGO-realm. http://ygo.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600101738

Email me if you decide yes.

Love Mulle.

Hey there ^^ .

I read your description of the fic, and the first chapter in one go XD

It sounds very very interesting!

I would like to be your Beta for this fic or any future Roy/Ed, I have this burning love for Roy/Ed-fics XD.

I am also in need of a Beta actually, have you ever watched Yu-Gi-Oh?

This is a link for the fic that I am currently writing, but I might write other fics in the YGO-realm. http://ygo.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600101738

Email me if you decide yes.

Love Mulle.

You have an email waiting in your inbox dear!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.