Click Here!

Morning after awkwardness

Kettle

I'm kicking around an idea for a fic involving a couple of roommate villains. One is gruff and inclined to be cranky, the other's a smartmouth. Normally they don't get along. After being beaten by the heroes (again) they bond over several alcoholic beverages, piss/vomit on the heroes' house, and go home. One thing leads to another and they have sex.

Problem is that they aren't the kind of couple who would snuggle there in the afterglow, nursing each others' hangovers with the power of sex (though Mr. Smartmouth might make a few cracks about doing so). Instead, Mr. Gruff is a bit of a bastard to Mr. Smartmouth, who gets upset.

So what should I do to get Mr. Gruff to move past his own embarrassment (Mr. Smartmouth annoys the heck out of him, a lot) and maybe wind up going for round two? Or is it acceptable to end the story with Mr. Smartmouth feeling angry and confused while Mr. Gruff pretends nothing happened?

Personally I feel it's perfectly acceptable to end things that way. The last thing we writers should be doing is forcing our characters to have passionate sex. It's a lot more believable when the characters' conflict with each other is allowed to interfere with their having a second round, and it doesn't even make the story any less hot. Plus it gives you plenty of room for a sequel!

• 2 weeks later...

Some possible morning after quotes:

"Ah...shit..."

"...FYI, this never happened"

"You tell anyone about this, and I swear..."

"Fucking...how much did I drink?"

"..." *insert murder scene*

"Wow, that was bad..."

"This is all your fault..."

"...should've used protection"

Or they could just part wordlessly. It's a completely viable option

• 3 weeks later...
I like the ideas already posted, and maybe a combination of some of those would work: "You tell anyone this ever happened and..."

Seconds later, as they initiate Round Two: "...And for the record, this never happened either!"

no, no, no...

something more "cold", please :)

like:

"I thought you'd do much better", he said, slowly putting on his pants. With an expression of infinite derision written all over his face he slipped a cigarette in between his lips and lit it with somewhat studied solemnity, like a candle on a passion's grave.

:lol:

no, no, no...

something more "cold", please :)

like:

"I thought you'd do much better", he said, slowly putting on his pants. With an expression of infinite derision written all over his face he slipped a cigarette in between his lips and lit it with somewhat studied solemnity, like a candle on a passion's grave.

:lol:

now that's just mean XD