Click Here!

big general character topic

i hope this is not agnist the rules. Is it ok to have one 'multi use' topic on the spirit, science and art of character creation?

to talk about archetypes, symbolism and how 'just because this show has a guy like this, doesn't mean you cannot write a character like this'

inspiration and influence is a bad thing when you draw from a source to much.

but that source needed to have a source and inspiration. AND never forget the accident of doing something another had, even with out you knowing of them.

so can we do this? and perhaps share our presious 'head babies'? and disect their very being in front of everyone (their shame, history, sexual adventures and the day they stole mommies special toys!)

ok so not to silly. this is seriious, when you create characters and a story you put a lot into it.

so lets discuss what it means to have characters that 'are', why their being is why it is and what it means to be a stand in 'type' (such as the guy that is supposed to be symbolic of the joy of life and exporing the world though childs eyes who keeps the emos, sexpots and psychopaths i check)

lets discuss reason for making overly powerfull characters in a world of powerfull characters

(war of the mary sues) and if giving them 'minor personality flaws' counts as ballance away from 'mary sue-news' (of course my guy can bend time a bit, but he has no tact and sexualises 7 year old boys. so he isn't perfect) ;)

and compare and contrast to existing work.

I hope you understand