Click Here!

Looking for a Beta for an Original M/M Fiction

Guest scat

Hi,

I'm looking for a beta for my original fiction. It is a mildly dark fantasy and someone who could check for grammar/spelling mistakes would be loved forever but more than that, I need someone who could act as a sounding board for me, especially in the initial chapters where I am setting up the background. I'm finding it a little complicated and would really appreciate some advice as to whether I'm including too much detail that hits the reader like a wall of text, or whether I need to expand or clarify on some other aspects. Since there is a lot of information to get across in order to establish the back ground, I'm really conscious of trying to make it 'reader friendly' but it's getting a little complicated

Thanks for reading and hopefully *fingers crossed* someone can help me out.

Hi,

I'm looking for a beta for my original fiction. It is a mildly dark fantasy and someone who could check for grammar/spelling mistakes would be loved forever but more than that, I need someone who could act as a sounding board for me, especially in the initial chapters where I am setting up the background. I'm finding it a little complicated and would really appreciate some advice as to whether I'm including too much detail that hits the reader like a wall of text, or whether I need to expand or clarify on some other aspects. Since there is a lot of information to get across in order to establish the back ground, I'm really conscious of trying to make it 'reader friendly' but it's getting a little complicated

Hi :)

I'm not the best material for a beta reader in terms of language correctness (I'm not a native) but I'll gladly become a sounding board. I can't promise anything at the start - to work on the story I have to like it first. But if you're interested - try me.

The subject sounds nice, so it might work ;)

Take care

c.

Hey!

A sounding board would be great, especially because I think I will have to put a lot of thought into the initial chapters. A lot will depend on timing with this one, and pace, I think.

I uploaded the first chapter already. I kind of thought that I'd have a better chance of getting a beta if people could see the tone of the story from the outset and decide then if they were interested enough to invest their time in helping me out.

Yeah, a sounding board would be fantastic. I'm paranoid that I'm just going to whip out walls of text, which I have a tendency to do.

Hi,

Hey!

A sounding board would be great, especially because I think I will have to put a lot of thought into the initial chapters. A lot will depend on timing with this one, and pace, I think.

I uploaded the first chapter already. I kind of thought that I'd have a better chance of getting a beta if people could see the tone of the story from the outset and decide then if they were interested enough to invest their time in helping me out.

Yeah, a sounding board would be fantastic. I'm paranoid that I'm just going to whip out walls of text, which I have a tendency to do.

Yeah, I've seen your story ;)

I had no time to read it carefully, but I'll do so tomorrow (I have a free evening).

c.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.