Click Here!

Activation Email Not Received

Guest Amallah

Guest Amallah

Hiya! I hope everyone's having a great day.

I tried to set up an account on Saturday at http://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php and got to the step where I had to activate my account. I waited a few minutes for the email and didn't get it. I admittedly got a little impatient and tried to resend it at that time, but still didn't receive it. I waited a few hours and made sure I had the @adult-fanfiction.org domain whitelisted, and I also made sure to clear my cookies and cache before attempting to resend it again. A few hours later it hadn't arrived, so I tried to resend it in a different browser as well with no luck. Each time it said the email would be sent, so I didn't get any visible error or anything.

Is there anything else I can try to do to activate my account, or will I need to just try a different email address? My penname is Amallah.

Thanks in advance!

I’m tagging @DemonGoddess and @manta2g in my response. I have a feeling this is a hiccup from our recent upgrade to PHP 7, since I’m seeing quite a few pending registrations.

I’m hopeful they can clear the issue up quickly, so bear with us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Amallah

Hiya! Sorry to bother, just wanted to reach out and see if there was an update on this, as I tried another activation email (after clearing cookies/cache again and restarting the browser) with no luck. I know you guys are all volunteers so still no rush at all, just wanted to check!

Funnily enough, I’m also having trouble creating a Forum account, which I wanted to do so I could receive email notifications on replies/messages about this, but I got an error: “Something went wrong” with an error code “EX0” or “EXO”, hard to tell but I think it’s the former. Is this just because my Archive account isn’t activated yet?

Guest Amallah

Can’t edit so this’ll have to be a double-post, sorry! I noticed someone else with a gmail address also isn’t receiving emails, so it could be related – just wanted to point that out. Thank you for looking into this :)

I’m not an archive mod, and I’m not in charge of approving forum profiles either, but what I can tell you is that an archive profile is needed to create a forum profile, so it’s entirely possible that that is causing the error on the forum side for you. But, our forum admin lives in the Southern Hemisphere and is therefore not going to come on until basically it’s night time in the US, so bear with us, but I’ll do like BronxWench did and tag @Melrick in so he’ll see this post and can answer you definitively :D  Also, forum profiles have to be approved by Melrick, and he checks if the Archive profiles are legit before he’ll approve forum profiles, just so you know about that. 

And thank you so much for your patience and understanding and no worries about the double posting since you can’t log in. We just hope we can get this all working for you as soon. 

Our coder is looking into the problem. For the moment, it seems to be gmail registrations that aren’t getting the activation emails. We’re really sorry about the hiccup, because usually it’s gamil accounts that have no problems, and Microsoft email clients that have issues. I’m thoroughly confused myself.

And yes, if there’s no activated archive account, the forum registration is going to fail as well.

Guest Amallah

No problem at all, thank you both for the answers! I very much appreciate it

Yeah, I’ve worked in customer support in various tech-focused companies using account systems, and it was always ever Hotmail, Yahoo, and a couple other email providers that had issues, hardly ever gmail, so I’m with you on the confusion and I’m sure it’s some very small obscure code issue, haha. Thanks again you two!

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Guest Narutosakura1989 said:

Hello This thr is still active I would like some help please I’m having the same issue. Here is my profile link https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1297010651

You should be activated now. I’d check the email address, however, and make sure there are no typos in it.

Guest Narutosakura1989
1 hour ago, BronxWench said:

You should be activated now. I’d check the email address, however, and make sure there are no typos in it.

That was the problem thank you I must’ve missed spelled it

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.