Click Here!

Change Password

Guest Steppenwild

Guest Steppenwild

Hello there,

I’m attempting to change the password associated with my archive account, as an alternative to asking for its deletion, but every time I click the Password Reset link in the email sent to my account I get an error message informing me that “This Password Reset is no longer Valid”. I’m not sure what missteps I may have made but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296919602

The issue is most likely your email provider. We have had, for some time now, issues with Microsoft email clients, including Hotmail.com, Outlook.com and Live accounts. The security protocols Microsoft put into place after their last security breach do not allow access to our password reset function.

What has worked in the past is a temporary switch to a gmail address. While I can’t access password information in the database (it’s an admin-only function), I can update email addresses. If you provide me a gmail address, I can amend your account to use that address, which would allow you to reset your password. Once you have access to the account again, you can change your email address back to your preferred provider. To keep the spammers at bay, I recommend you provide any email addresses via our staff email: tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org 

Guest Steppenwild
On 3/3/2022 at 4:24 PM, BronxWench said:

The issue is most likely your email provider. We have had, for some time now, issues with Microsoft email clients, including Hotmail.com, Outlook.com and Live accounts. The security protocols Microsoft put into place after their last security breach do not allow access to our password reset function.

What has worked in the past is a temporary switch to a gmail address. While I can’t access password information in the database (it’s an admin-only function), I can update email addresses. If you provide me a gmail address, I can amend your account to use that address, which would allow you to reset your password. Once you have access to the account again, you can change your email address back to your preferred provider. To keep the spammers at bay, I recommend you provide any email addresses via our staff email: tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org 

Understood thank you. I tried attempting the change through a Gmail account to no success. Would it be possible to have the account deleted at the admin’s earliest convenience?

I would need to update the email address in the database first, which I can do, for you to change the password.

If you’d prefer me to delete the account, I can do that as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.