Click Here!

Looking for a character reaction

SirGeneralSir

So I like tormenting characters sometimes, I have a male and female character that are good close friends but that line was never crossed.

They are at a party, lots of drinking, singing etc etc etc.

The two of them wake up in bed together, the girl on top of him and he is still inside her, clearly they went full at it and everything under the sun.

Neither one knows how the hell it end up this way, all they both remember was eating and drinking, having a good time then wake up.

I need a reaction from both characters, it's like waking up with your step sibling almost in terms of how long you've/they have known each other.

I know that surprise and shock would be there but I need more to go off on, my thoughts are that this would be something that eventually turns into a romance but its still just an idea at this time.

Aw, the fun part of writing!  Guess this depends on any fears, phobias, they may have.  For more fun, don’t actually have him “inside”, but close enough where the assumption is made, especially if there’s any other malicious actors nearby who might’ve staged it (ie, took the opportunity after the two passed out to move him onto her, placed a condom with a dab of mayo in the tip nearby, etc).  Is the guy panicked now that he’s possibly a rapist?  Is she offended?  Or, is the mutual attitude “it’s about time?” (It can be mixed too, one thinks “not a big deal”, while the other is very upset/calling-police?)  This is definitely a mixed bag, and gotta know the characters better before a good response can be had IMO.

The characters are adventurers, hunting monsters, exploring dungeons etc.

The woman is a mage, bold and daring, knows much but not everything.

The man is the proper, respectful and will not cross that line type of guy, the typical fictional one that girls would want to take to see mom and dad type.

He is also a crafty bugger that likes to make new and interesting ways to take out an enemy, but if a smart ass too, with taste. ( I think ) 

Ummm...waking up while still within inside would imply he stayed hard for the whole night and they slept without moving. This sounds more like parody material for a cartoon than anything that could happen in reality. If you want to make it look like they had sex I suggest they could be covered in the dried remains of cum or something similar.

As for reaction it totally depends on what you want to happen later. Everything from “We never mention this again! We must have been drunk” to “Bloody rapist!” are possible. It is your characters so only you can tell the contents of their emotional backpack.

The universe is a mystical fant, so the blaming on a wizard is always possible.

Ultimately the possible goal of that setting is creating an awkwardness that leads to a romantic desire, there are other girls that have romantic interests with the guy too

but its to provide as much chaos as possible for the male character.

If I use it at all.

New question,  sisters revealing to each other that they have romantic interest in the same guy not knowing the other does, sisters are very close, maybe twins bordering on incest level like in host club. 

TBH, how the characters actually react/respond IS the meat & potatoes of most any story – that’s definitely an exercise best left to the writer.

Your first question, when they wake up in the compromising position.  If there’s been a mutual pent up secret lust for each other, well, that’ll end fine and dandy.  Anything else and you’re talking fireworks, with many twisted outcomes available (more than I can count).  For extra flavor, you could have one party *think* its worse than it is/was, leaving the other dumbfounded on the response.  Extra spicy is to have a third party setting it up and/or taking advantage of it.

Second question… could use a game of truth or dare for the expose, or similar.  For twins, mixups are very common, so having the guy profess his love (or similar) to the wrong twin?  As to reactions?  Depends on the personalities/trusts/fears.  Maybe the sisters get along and decide to share him.  Maybe it becomes a love triangle, with the other sneaking in to interject herself?  Maybe the sisters have a falling out over this and don’t speak for a dozen years until forced to (ie family funeral).

The better question is where do you want to take the story?

Story plot is that all the gods and demon lords are dead, save for a scant few lesser gods and demons, powerful enough but not enough to control all the forces of X.

All the heroes champions etc for each side are also either dead or in a different realm/dimension

The MC is a new generation Hero to be, he first has to become powerful enough in almost RPG style, beat an enemy and gain power.

Problem is the MC is not the kill it because its a monster type, he is more practical and believes that its your actions that define if you are good or evil, even demons and this in turn gains him some negative reactions from other people.

He is not the white knight type, he is the wild knight? and the idea is that a few girls/women will be attracted to that as he also doesnt treat them as fragile little girls that need a hero but instead treats them as independent people

7 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

Story plot is that all the gods and demon lords are dead, save for a scant few lesser gods and demons, powerful enough but not enough to control all the forces of X.

All the heroes champions etc for each side are also either dead or in a different realm/dimension

The MC is a new generation Hero to be, he first has to become powerful enough in almost RPG style, beat an enemy and gain power.

Problem is the MC is not the kill it because its a monster type, he is more practical and believes that its your actions that define if you are good or evil, even demons and this in turn gains him some negative reactions from other people.

He is not the white knight type, he is the wild knight? and the idea is that a few girls/women will be attracted to that as he also doesnt treat them as fragile little girls that need a hero but instead treats them as independent people

It can work, With the major players no longer on the board so to speak and only lesser factions. Its the perfect time for a changing of the guard and new powers to rise

But… Here’s the devil in the details. What kind of setting is it? What happens if the hero is wrong? It’s these intrinsic questions you have to answer to be faithful and consistent to the lore and setting. If it’s a dark fantasy/grim dark vs. more light hearted fantasy. Does she make the most of the admittedly embarrassing situation or does she automatically accuse him of sexual assault? Does he do his best about the situation? Or does he fall apart from the lapse of control and skewed judgement. It’s going to be a big decision for the both of them. He’s going to have to deal with the fact he just potentially undermined his own beliefs and values with this indiscretion one way or another as did she.

Not every character has to be romantic some people really do just antiromantically do it/ make the most of the situation and jointly decide they’re a thing now. Even if the beginning situation is embarrassing for both of them. They both have agency and on some level they connected enough to do it even if they don’t remember much of it.

The Rubicon has been crossed and the genie is out of the bottle.

13 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

I think you need more characterization to this MC, because you shouldn’t be struggling like this.  However, lets divide & conquer. 

Suppose HE wakes up first, and “pulls” out/away enough before she wakes so she won’t know it occurred – how does he react?  What does he say to her?  “Good morning?” and move on?  Confess?

Switch it, suppose SHE wakes up first, and she could move away fast enough so he wouldn’t know it occurred.  How does she react? What does she say to him?  “You’re welcome?” or “How dare you?”

What I do while shaping a character is I try to list out some personality traits, (hobbies/allergies) and this tends to give me something to start with.  You can also do the classic, “lawful/neutral/chaotic” and “good/neutral/evil” way of pinning the character.  Also, some history… has this happened before with the MC (& another girl), a spell that he might’ve said while drunk?  That’d come out more as…

“Not again!” the wizard stammered.

Now back to my research on life insurance terms & conditions (needed for my story, turns out suicide’s not always a disqualifier).

Setting, its a mythical world, magic and some very primitive steam powered crap.

IF the Mc is wrong with how and how he treats people, he would correct his mistake accordingly as the situation demands. (vampire only feeding on animals and bandits gets a pass, Vampire feeding on homeless etc does not)

The world type as best I can describe it would be kind of like the witcher and D&D mixed together. monsters roam the world mostly unchallenged but there are people out there that do fight them and try to protect the small towns and villages but not the main military as they hide behind the walls of the cities etc.

ATM I think his reaction would be to freeze as panic flooded him, his mind set is that while sex does not mean marriage, he doesn't just go and use any hole that opens up to him either.

the female character that I am still trying to design and plan out, so far has two paths, the first is that she would be upset because she missed out on it or second being pissed not at him per say but the situation in a how the hell.

9 minutes ago, SirGeneralSir said:

Setting, its a mythical world, magic and some very primitive steam powered crap.

IF the Mc is wrong with how and how he treats people, he would correct his mistake accordingly as the situation demands. (vampire only feeding on animals and bandits gets a pass, Vampire feeding on homeless etc does not)

The world type as best I can describe it would be kind of like the witcher and D&D mixed together. monsters roam the world mostly unchallenged but there are people out there that do fight them and try to protect the small towns and villages but not the main military as they hide behind the walls of the cities etc.

ATM I think his reaction would be to freeze as panic flooded him, his mind set is that while sex does not mean marriage, he doesn't just go and use any hole that opens up to him either.

the female character that I am still trying to design and plan out, so far has two paths, the first is that she would be upset because she missed out on it or second being pissed not at him per say but the situation in a how the hell.

MC’s perception matters to him.  And the female’s matters to her.  So, maybe if there’s some previous incidents to draw upon (famous ones in this world), where a rape accusation (which this scenario will likely lead to), causes a person to lose stature,  maybe boost them up, or is completely swept under the proverbial rug. 

for the MC, if he walked in on a girl/woman changing or anything of that nature, he is the type that would turn around on his heel while his face turned bright red, and pretend to not have seen anything at all, it never happened, nope its all good.

Even if, said woman had no issue with him seeing her naked or wanted him to see her naked, hes not the type to stare.

ATM as I have her now (might change) the female (still no name) is more of a yeah they are tits, what about them? for 5 gold you can ask a prostitute to show you hers.

a kind of batman and robin type of set up only that they are the same age and one is female, I have no other examples

The two would have seen each other naked and in every other situation under the sun but its a kind of forbidden fruit to them. yeah still have to work it out better.

53 minutes ago, SirGeneralSir said:

for the MC, if he walked in on a girl/woman changing or anything of that nature, he is the type that would turn around on his heel while his face turned bright red, and pretend to not have seen anything at all, it never happened, nope its all good.

Even if, said woman had no issue with him seeing her naked or wanted him to see her naked, hes not the type to stare.

ATM as I have her now (might change) the female (still no name) is more of a yeah they are tits, what about them? for 5 gold you can ask a prostitute to show you hers.

a kind of batman and robin type of set up only that they are the same age and one is female, I have no other examples

The two would have seen each other naked and in every other situation under the sun but its a kind of forbidden fruit to them. yeah still have to work it out better.

It is a setup, and there’s dozens if not hundreds of different ways you can take the scenario you initially described – some more morally better than others.  It’s writers gold because the decision is based on how you want to take the story, or how the characters inherently act.  If you’re still stuck, suggest you try out the exercises above, figure the characters out to the point that you know their reaction to this situation.  Also, it’s literary platinum/diamond club material to have both characters DISAGREE about it too.

Yean so far my thinking is that MC will do the panic, deer in headlights thing because he will fear that not only will she be mad at him and beat him, but that now their friendship will be ruined and things will never be the same etc etc.

She will be more annoyed that she missed out on it memory wise but ultimately think nothing of it as she is still sitting on his dick while taking her sweet time to get off him. Her thinking being more of “its already in, nothing will change that now, feels nice actually.”

3 hours ago, SirGeneralSir said:

Yean so far my thinking is that MC will do the panic, deer in headlights thing because he will fear that not only will she be mad at him and beat him, but that now their friendship will be ruined and things will never be the same etc etc.

She will be more annoyed that she missed out on it memory wise but ultimately think nothing of it as she is still sitting on his dick while taking her sweet time to get off him. Her thinking being more of “its already in, nothing will change that now, feels nice actually.”

Aw, so she’s unexpectedly pleased by it?  Well, she could be annoyed & accuse him of a memory charm to try to cover it up.  (Not sure the spell in your world, borrowing the name from the potterverse.)  BTW, this is a less likely reaction, even if the physicality is enjoyable, it’s still a violation if it’s non-consensual.

Edited by Desiderius Price

1 hour ago, SirGeneralSir said:

My thinking is that the two have been together for a long time fighting and adventuring etc.

the consent thing, neither knows how they got there and she is the one on top of him, who did what to who unless he is just guilty because hes a guy.

Must confess I was envisioning it as the guy on top, pushing in, so yeah, was considering him a rapist.  However,the reverse can be true too, she pushing herself onto him.  Now, if you want to thicken the plot, you could have them both the inadvertent recipients of a date-rape drug (or equivalent), one that was intended for another party that slipped into both of their drinks.  And if the effects run off, they remember more and more of the night as time progresses?  (BTW, Love potion works here too.)

Edited by Desiderius Price