Click Here!

looking for a trophy.

SirGeneralSir

So in a original story I am working on, I have a tavern girl/server in a medieval/fantasy setting (not MC) use magic to hold a drunk against the wall who was trying to force her to follow him home.

I need him to drop something, there really isnt anything special about the one time character, its more about setting the scene and giving the impression that this girl/woman is NOT a helpless damsel in distress, she will murder you with magic fire.

I was thinking that something like a Wine Skin, I already have a sword from a nobleman, a picaxe and megical torches from a miner and the helmet from a thug (thug is killed by tavern owner, all others survived.) any thoughts of what a random drunk could drop that could be used as a trophy/warning to others they can look at the girls all they like but you will die if you try to touch.

Drunk could even be a trader if that helps to increase the number of possible items dropped.  

As a frequent player of CRPGs in the sword-and-sorcery genre, I’m going to go out on a limb here and say a wine skin would not serve as much of a warning to me. Well, not unless you are looking to warn visitors to the tavern against bringing in their own beverages, which would be completely antithetical to the whole idea of going to a tavern in the first place and would make the tavern owner surly, to say the least.

Because I am largely bloodthirsty, I’d say a scalp or perhaps a body part like a hand would serve as a better warning against touching the tavern girls. Anything else just seems to border on farce. “Oohh, see that sock on the wall? Stupid git touched one of the girls, and she walloped him so hard, he lost his sock, he did! So take my word for it, mate, unless you want your sock, or maybe even your breechclout hanging there for everyone to gawk at, no touching!”

@BronxWench Yeah I was kind of feeling that too. I was thinking something reasonable but still something that could have a story to it if you first came into the tavern.

Bob: hey whats with the picaxe and torches on the wall?

Bartender:  Oh that, some miner once tried to force one of the local girls to go home with him, one of our own girls showed him her knife throwing skills and he never came back for them.

Bob: and the sword?

Bartender: Nobleman tried to convince one of our other girls that she could make a great deal of coin if she spent the night with him, almost killed the poor shit stain right here on the floor with the thing.

maybe a traders pack? something that a wandering trader would use to carry all his trade good when he doesn't have a cart.

Fred:  What’s with the trader’s pack on the wall?

Bartender:  Oh, some wandering trader thought he could have his way with one of the girls. She beat him half to death with his own pack and tossed what was left out of the window. Without opening it first. That came out of her wages, let me tell you.

Nope. Still not enough of a warning, unless the pack still has some blood and maybe a bit of skin on it.

Yean, maybe I need to just change who this person is, I want them to survive just for the pure idea that these guys will spread the word, giving the place a reputation of dont fuck with the taverns girls.

Owner, a dwarf, is also very protective of the girls but will not step in unless he needs to, they are almost like his daughters to him, MC is like a son.

Maybe I could change it to some pompous priest or something, someone not actually able to fight back, but my world has limited religions in that respects as 99.9% of the gods are either dead or banished from the world as well as the demon lords.

If it was an Orc tavern, the heads of the people would be stuck on the antlers of a mount or something, heads mounted on a mount.

Go with something gold and expensive and or an artifact , like an artificial beating heart that he was slapped so hard it popped out of its socket. Shiny and or magical would fit perfectly.

any bling would do. Since most nobility in fantasy almost always carry an nauseating amount of gold and or jewels on their person out of some inflated sense of self importance. And it would fit the bill for a noble to entertain notions that they’re above the laws of the common rabble.

9 hours ago, Thundercloud said:

I agree that something shiny might be a good idea. A trophy kind of imply that it is something the owner would not like to part with. Exotic horn believed to come from a unicorn?

But actually made from the foreskin of the previous bloke who crossed her?  :)

1 hour ago, Desiderius Price said:

But actually made from the foreskin of the previous bloke who crossed her?  :)

Now that’s my kind of bloodthirsty, and yes, THAT would be a warning! :lol: 

1 hour ago, BronxWench said:

Now that’s my kind of bloodthirsty, and yes, THAT would be a warning! :lol: 

If you’re going to do it go all out. His entire schlong with the family jewels turned to stone.

jerkass noble walks in and comes out a eunuch (which is both fitting and underrepresented in fiction.)

Nothing says plays nice more than a petrified reminder of the last noble who was under some mistaken belief he was a man.:samurai::jaws:

33 minutes ago, InvidiaRed said:

If you’re going to do it go all out. His entire schlong with the family jewels turned to stone.

jerkass noble walks in and comes out a eunuch (which is both fitting and underrepresented in fiction.)

Nothing says plays nice more than a petrified reminder of the last noble who was under some mistaken belief he was a man.:samurai::jaws:

First time is the warning, the second time completes the set!  :)

A drunk Trader, drops his traders guild seal meaning he will be unable to trade until he gets it back or pays a large sum to replace it? ….. makes me think of a police badge and thats too small.

His traders pack along with his guild banner/flag? might be more impressive?

A lock box chest used by guild members to hold their stash, said chest has a magical “living” guardian. this one thinks he is a stand up comedian?

39 minutes ago, SirGeneralSir said:

Under normal situation, no a trader would not let go of the seal, hence him being drunk.

I doubt the guild would be so willing to cause issues with a tavern when their member was assaulting or trying to assault one of the girls, bad PR.

humm.

A seal would work. short sweet and likely something expensive for them to replace. Where its guaranteed they’ll be ridiculed at best for being careless.