Click Here!

Why Sarah Palin is BAD news for the CF and everyone else

Solaris

Because we already have federal police forces. Their known as the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Parks Service, the Bureau of Alchohol, Tobaaco, and Firearms, the Secret Service, the Drug Enforcement Agency and to a certain point the Department of Homeland Security in its role as border guard. Above that we have the National Guard units, which are each responsible for the defense of their own state, responding to local emergancies, and serving as a reserve for the military.

Out of all of them, the only one with anything close to the funding and power of the military is the National Guard units. They exist as a way around the limits of Posse Comitatus, which prevents the military forces from actively deploying in the U.S. They get around this rule by deploying under the independent authority of the state governors rather than under any federal orders.

So, in ascending rank of jurisdiction, you have:

Local police, who deal with everything inside their city county

State Police, who deal with everything on the highways/cross county lines

FBI, which handles all crimes that cross state lines, or may have

Parks Service, which is responsible for all Federal parks and land

Secret Service, which handles counterfeiting and other Treasury crimes

Drug Enforcement Agency, which is responsible for counter drug ops

BATF, which does the same thing for guns and such

DHS, which handles the borders, generic smuggling, and the airports

Then there is the military, which can't deploy inside the United States for combat operations against Americans, and can only be deployed for so long at the President's will before he has to either get permission from congress to leave them there, or bring them home. They're also the most expensive of the lot, because maintence and purchases of their equipment, not to mention personnel, puts them heads above the rest.

So again I ask: for what do we need a Federally controlled, country wide police force, and why should they have as much power as the military?

Personally, I don't see how that's any scarier than what we already have in place now. Who knows, maybe if they're all together we can actually get things done better, with all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. Instead of 10 here, 5 there, another 10 over there and nobody willing to share.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't see how that's any scarier than what we already have in place now. Who knows, maybe if they're all together we can actually get things done better, with all the pieces of the puzzle in one place. Instead of 10 here, 5 there, another 10 over there and nobody willing to share.

Mostly because of the scope he was talking about. None of those organizations have even a fraction of the power or funding of the military, and even taken together they would represent a minor blip in comparison.

He compared this new force to the military. The military is based on the idea that it can break a lot of things and kill/incapacitate a large number of people very quickly. It spends several trillion dollars a year making sure it is capable of doing this. It spends this money on tanks, planes, ships, bullets, and people to use them. Obama wants his new force to be just as well funded and just as powerful. His own words, no messing around.

What kind of civilian police force needs several trillion dollars in funding? Where is he planning on getting the money for it? Why would they need the kind of combat/staying power of the military? What would they be using it on?

What kind of civilian police force needs several trillion dollars in funding? Where is he planning on getting the money for it? Why would they need the kind of combat/staying power of the military? What would they be using it on?

Maybe the idea is to decrease the exorbitant amount of money spent on our military.

Anyways, you say it's scary. I say, it's not any scarier to me than anything the gov't already has in place. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Interesting as always, and just when I was thinking this forum was dead. Foe you've done a great job but I have to disagree with you on Obama's federally funded civilian SS. Obama wants to ban all guns from civilian hands including the evil "semi-automatics" which is to say, anything that's not a revolver. (http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm) So unless this coming civilian group takes a special oath of allegiance to him and receives special privileges that the average citizen does not, I don't see it happening. Although...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=...mp;pageId=77052

ALPHA-OMEGA! ALPHA-OMEGA!

I hearby nominate that as the single most bizzare thing I've seen this campaign season. And yeah, it is a little worrying. It was an odd twist of what looked like a step dance team rehearsal and a television ad... But yeah. That kind of devotion to a cause can be a real bad thing at times.