Click Here!

Email Recommendation

Guest NotYeta Member

Guest NotYeta Member

I want to register to AFF but I’m kind of paranoid about using my main email account since I heard from some they keep on getting spam and other questionable email that they think came from their AFF account.

So I’m wondering if there is another email service I could use that offers better security against spam and other privacy breaches. Someone recommended Proton Email but I don’t know.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Protonmail claims to be safer than Gmail, and so far I haven’t had anyone complain to me that they can’t complete registration using Protonmail. Microsoft email clients tend to have issues with our site due to Microsoft’s security protocols. Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, and Live.com accounts are all experiencing issues with password resets and validation email. (I think it’s the “adult” in our name—scares them, it does...) We don’t allow disposable email clients, so those are out.

Having said all that, I actually get far less spam on the gmail account I use for this site than I do on other gmail accounts I have. I keep a unique account for this site, and with strong passwords, premium antimalware, and a proactive approach to teaching my spam filters what to screen out, I haven’t had an issue.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.