Click Here!

"Nonsense reviews"

In the past couple of days, I’ve received five “nonsense reviews” that look like this:

From ANON - on October 06, 2021

NKGfAy cgrngykbkdod, uwuuwppwtogw, [link=http://dbghcmuhsqds.com/]dbghcmuhsqds[/link], h**p://hgavtlargcnu.com/

There’s no obvious rhyme or reason to which stories are getting them, as some are in Cartoons and some are in Originals (the only 2 archive sections in which I have stories posted). A recent post from @InBrightestDay suggests that he’s getting them, too. Anything to be done besides deleting them?

Edited by GeorgeGlass

Sadly, the only way to deflect them is to turn off anonymous reviews, which is an account-wide function and not just by the story. But @Desiderius Price is absolutely right about not following the links. Delete the reviews, and click NOTHING. As I sweep the archive, I delete things like that on sight.

14 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

A recent post from @InBrightestDay suggests that he’s getting them, too. Anything to be done besides deleting them?

I’ve gotten three: two on WitS and one on The Least I Can Do over in Books.  I’ve deleted them, and thankfully had the same thought as Bronx when it came to the links.  I don’t really want to turn off anonymous reviews, as I’ve gotten several genuine reviews from fans who simply don’t have an account, so I’ll just keep deleting them as they pop up. :)

10 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

True that. And in retrospect, I realize that it wasn’t a terribly good idea for me to include live links in my original post. I have removed them.

Yeah, those were the types of links you didn’t want only a condom for protection, you’d need EVERYTHING covered in latex before you even dare to click. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, JayDee said:

I came back to about 30. Have been through deleting. Like others, I do prefer keeping my anonymous reviews open!

Depends on the volume, TBH.  Like when I decide to trash an email address when my inbox is flooded with spam that I’m accidentally deleting legitimate emails too.

• 6 months later...

About a month ago, I got a few more “reviews” like these, so I turned off anonymous reviewing for a couple of days. Now I’m getting them again, and it seems to be on the exact same stories as before. I think, as an experiment, I’ll try not turning off anonymous reviews and see if these just stop on their own.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.