Click Here!

Tag list?

Guest Baron

Guest Baron

I checked the other post regarding adding tags. The link provided only seems to show where and how to type the tags in, not what the tags are. Is there a list I can bookmark, or a way to set my story back to the convenient dropdown menu from before? I may need to add more and more tags as the story progresses.

7 hours ago, Guest Baron said:

I checked the other post regarding adding tags. The link provided only seems to show where and how to type the tags in, not what the tags are. Is there a list I can bookmark, or a way to set my story back to the convenient dropdown menu from before? I may need to add more and more tags as the story progresses.

@Desiderius Price linked to the list of tags. Unfortunately, once you’ve added the story, additional tags have to be added manually. If you go to your Control Panel, and open the story manager for the desired subdomain, you’ll see a box link marked Edit Story Info. Click that, and you’ll be back on the [page where you had input your story’s info. You can then type in the additional tags in the proper field. Just remember to scroll to the bottom and click the Edit button to save the changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Baron
On 7/7/2021 at 8:40 PM, Desiderius Price said:

If you’re after fun, turn it into a bucket list, challenge yourself to writing stories featuring tags you don’t normally explore.

Sorry, I just saw this. All the tags are technically tags I don't normally explore. I never wrote a fanfiction before, this is my first one. The fandom I like didn't have much in terms of fanfiction. There were some, but not a lot of long stories involving the reader. I figured I'd write something to remedy this. It probably sucks, but I enjoy writing it and rereading it looking for errors.

3 hours ago, Guest Baron said:

Sorry, I just saw this. All the tags are technically tags I don't normally explore. I never wrote a fanfiction before, this is my first one. The fandom I like didn't have much in terms of fanfiction. There were some, but not a lot of long stories involving the reader. I figured I'd write something to remedy this. It probably sucks, but I enjoy writing it and rereading it looking for errors.

I started writing with fanfiction myself, wanting to explore how another story could go, and *poof* a story appeared, which I decided to post, warts and all.  And never fear, your writing will get better with time.  Welcome to the club of fanfic writers! 

Guest Baron
15 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

I started writing with fanfiction myself, wanting to explore how another story could go, and *poof* a story appeared, which I decided to post, warts and all.  And never fear, your writing will get better with time.  Welcome to the club of fanfic writers! 

That's basically what I did. It ended up a lot longer than I had originally intended. I posted it as I originally thought of it, but went back later to add minor details or correct spelling. I still have a good amount of editing to do, but want to finish the story before I forget it. Cool, thank you. I appreciate it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.