Click Here!

Recapcha? What recapcha?

Guest Baron

Guest Baron

I followed the directions to the letter to post my story. I had originally posted it in the wrong spot. After a few tweaks and edits I figured it out, but upon reading the "How to post a story" section, it mentions that I have to fill out a recapcha to post the story. What are they talking about? There is no recapcha at all and the post fails and resets itself. I've made the disclaimer as short as possible and added any tag that is or will be in the story later.

The recaptcha is no longer being used. I’m not sure why the post is failing and resetting itself, other than perhaps too long a summary? The disclaimer field maxs at 240 characters, which should be adequate spece. The summary field is, I believe, capped at 660 characters.

Characters are letters and punctuation. The summary itself should be fine, but the author’s note makes it exceed the field’s limits. Moving the author’s note to the top of the first chapter should resolve it, I believe.

Guest Baron

I trimmed down the disclaimer a little bit because I thought that was the problem. It's definitely my summary. Thanks for all your help. Hopefully I can figure it out.

It does take a bit of tinkering sometimes, but we’ll figure it out. If trimming the summary doesn’t work, let me know, and we’ll brainstorm some more.

Guest Baron

I finally got it now. It looks acceptable. The paragraphs are a bit longer than I expected, but I don't think that will upset any readers. I'm trying to follow the rules and not write anything too over the top, but there will be mild violence, possible foul language, explicit sexual content, and alcohol/possible drug use.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.