Click Here!

Miraculous Ladybug?

Guest Baron

Guest Baron

I read some Miraculous Ladybug fanfiction on here, and wrote some of my own. I tried to post it, but I see no tag for Miraculous. I tried to post it under "Misc. TV Shows" but it wouldn't let me. I checked under L for Ladybug, M for Miraculous, I even looked under T for Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir, but I found nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Guest Baron

I'm still just seeing regular TV shows. I'm not seeing any cartoons. I'm looking under the Category section. I took a couple of screenshots, but I don't know how to add them to a reply.

Guest Baron

Will it let me do that after I've already written it out? I wrote a chapter and have it open in another tab. I'm trying to post it, but it won't let me pick the right category. Do I have to rewrite it in the cartoon category with copy/paste? I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass by the way. I'm just trying to get it posted so I can edit and add to it.

Yes, you would need to copy and paste what you have, and then post a new story in the Cartoon subdomain, under the Miraculous Ladybug subcategory.  Each of our subdomains is a separate database, so unfortunately, you wouldn’t be able to select a subdomain the way you can choose a dropdown in the category field.

Guest Baron

Ok, thank you. I must have clicked TV before I wrote it out. I only wrote chapter 1 so far, and it's a bit short because I wasn't sure how long it can be. I should be able to move it over.

Guest Baron

I'm only seeing how to read existing stories in the Miraculous Ladybug category. I'm not seeing where I can add one. Is it under my profile or member tools?

You actually need to go to your Control Panel under your archive profile. In the menu bar at the top of the archive homepage, click your name, and then select Control Panel. You will see a new list appear, with a complete selection of the Story Managers for each subdomain. Select the Cartoons Story Manager. You should see a blue link reading “Post New Story.” Click that, and then you can populate the various fields that appear.

We have a robust FAQ section here in the Forum. You might want to look at this AFQ on how to add a story:  http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/63417-how-to-upload-a-story/

I’d also recommend the FAQ on Disclaimers:  http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/3560-what-is-needed-in-a-disclaimer/

Guest Baron

Oh, ok. It might take me a bit to figure out, but I'm getting there. I had browsed the disclaimer section earlier, all I need to do is say that I don't own the characters, I don't make money from anything, and it's a fictional work with all 18+ characters right? I put this as my disclaimer:

"Miraculous and all associated characters aren't mine, and are property of ZAG inc. This is a work of fanfiction, and all characters involved with this story are meant to be 18+. I make no profit from this story, and do not intend to infringe on any laws or copyrights."

Guest Baron

I still can't figure it out. I'm picking the right tags, I'm in the cartoon section under Miraculous, shortened the disclaimer for space, and moved everything over from TV. Whenever I post, it just resets all 13 tags and removes the Adult+ rating. I don't understand what the settings want me to change.

Guest Baron

I'm using the dropdown for the tags. I selected some tags that aren't in the story yet, but will be eventually.

My summary might be too long, but I'm not sure. Here's what I have:

Life in your home country has been hectic and stressful since your breakup. On the bright side, you did win a one week trip to Paris. Fate can be cruel at times when you're visiting such a romantic city alone. You decide to make the best of it anyway and soak in some French culture. You notice a statue of two unfamiliar heroes in the park and decide to investigate further. You will learn much this week: Who they are, why there is a statue of them, and why you'll fall in love with a magical cat boy and in a rage attempt to destroy them both. This is a chaotic love story between Chat Noir and the reader.

Author's note: This story is written in POV format. You are the hero, the villain, the lover, and the homewrecker. It's also meant to be gender and country neutral so men or women from any country can read it for the same experience. Characters in the story are true to the show as best as I could write them, and at the time of writing this there was no character named "Warmonger" that I'm aware of. I wanted to make a new character for the reader.

The summary is definitely too long. I’d suggest moving the Author’s Note portion to the first chapter, which would leave a short enough entry for the summary field, and your note at the top of the first chapter will alert readers to your format.

Guest Baron

Ok, I'll keep tinkering with it until I get it right. I'm sorry to be a pest, but I want to get this story posted before I forget the plot or accidentally clear my browsing history and delete it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.