Click Here!

What is the price of hypothetical buying this website

Guest TheStoryTeller97

Let me start by saying that AFF is NOT for sale. I am, however, extravagantly interested in what gave you the notion that we were open to such a thing. I don’t recall any mention anywhere of the site being offered for sale, and I’m fairly sure I would have noticed any signs on the virtual front lawn.

If you are serious about starting a fiction archive, however, that’s a separate discussion.

In a rarity, I actually found myself offended, and it’s by the very notion this anonymous “guest” suggested and their unknown ulterior motive.  This website is a large community of authors that have entrusted their IP and stories to the archives in the hopes it’ll get read and enjoyed by others.   It’s appalling to think somebody has the nerve to think they can simply waltz in and try to buy the website out; who knows what they’d do with it?

Thank you, @Desiderius Price. I’ve spent over ten years as a moderator for AFF. I wrote and published here before I joined as staff. This has been my online writing family, and I for one would very much like to keep my family intact.

The actual concept that anybody think they can purchase an archive hosting fanfiction is rather weird. I mean...they could begin to read the sites disclaimer about not accepting fanfics written for money before they consider to waste everyone's time by posting questions about purchasing the fanfic-archive.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.