Click Here!

Can't log in

Saiga123

So I was trying to reset my password but because I am using a hotmail address it was giving me the ‘This Password Reset is no longer Valid’ message when I followed the link. I looked on the forums about it and saw if I used a gmail account I could change my password and then change the email back to my hotmail account. I did this but when I followed the link to reactivate my hotmail the message I got was ‘This Activation is no longer Valid’ and now I can’t log back in using either email addresses.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Your profile is showing the hotmail address at the moment. Were you able to change the email address on the account itself, or did you just have the password reset link sent to the gmail address?

Guest Nortonn_nz

I am having a similar problem with my username. It says no registered or multiple emails with said email. I have tried the reset and emailing support but not getting replies. 

1 hour ago, Guest Nortonn_nz said:

I am having a similar problem with my username. It says no registered or multiple emails with said email. I have tried the reset and emailing support but not getting replies. 

You have two archive profiles, created a day apart, both with the same email address. I’ve deleted the first one (which has no stories posted under it) so you won’t have duplicate accounts.  This is the surviving account:  http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1297003952

However, it’s entirely likely that resetting your password will not work since your email client is Hotmail, and Microsoft email clients don’t like our archive code.

If you run into the password reset issue, and need to make a temporary change to a gmail account, please email me at tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org (so spambots don’t crawl the page and get your email address) with the gmail address. I can change that in the database, you can reset your password, and then you will be able to access your Control Panel to change your email address back to your preferred account.

Edited by BronxWench

4 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Your profile is showing the hotmail address at the moment. Were you able to change the email address on the account itself, or did you just have the password reset link sent to the gmail address?

I changed my email to gmail to get the password reset link and then tried to change back to hotmail but the reactivation link wasn’t valid. That said I’m able to log in now using my hotmail address now so everything seems sorted, thanks for the help :)

5 minutes ago, Saiga123 said:

I changed my email to gmail to get the password reset link and then tried to change back to hotmail but the reactivation link wasn’t valid. That said I’m able to log in now using my hotmail address now so everything seems sorted, thanks for the help :)

I’m glad you were able to log in! 

21 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I’m glad you were able to log in! 

If I send an email with my registered hotmail email address & my gmail address, would you be able to change that so I can get a password reset link.

Yes, I can, absolutely.

One thing I feel I should mention with the password reset. Once you are able to get a working link, the new password needs to be between 8 and 12 letters and/or numbers only—no punctuation or special characters allowed. It’s also case sensitive, and you can’t reuse the current password.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.