Click Here!

Hoe to properly filter stories categories

Guest Renato

So, I've been reading some stories in this site and even considered writing some myself. But I still don't get it how I'm supposed to filter diferrent tags to search for a story.

Sorry for the kinda dumb question.

Hi!

We have a list of story tags that we use, and encourage our authors to use. When you input one or more of those into the search field for “Tags” your search should be filtered properly. If you want a story, for example, that is male/female pairings and incorporates oral sex, you would search for MF and Oral. The “and” means you want both tags to appear. If you wanted a male/female pairing but no rape, your search would look more like this: +MF -rape. If you don’t use any modifier, and searched  for “MF Oral” your search would turn up ALL stories tagged as MF and ALL stories tagged Oral, so modifiers can help to refine the search.

As is pointed out in our search FAQ, you should navigate to the right subdomain before searching. The search page will allow you to further navigate to a category within that subdomain, such as Black Butler within the Anime subdomain. Every subdomain will have that ability, even single fandom subdomains like Harry Potter. Using that to further refine your tag search will give you better search results. If I search the Harry/Ginny category in that subdomain, and also use the tag search for Preg, I get only stories with that pairing and which also are tagged for pregnancy.

I hope this helps!

Dear BronxWench,

I know this isn't on topic, but I’m having trouble with the site and need help. If you could help or forward this to the appropriate person, I’d really appreciate it.

I’ve been trying to sign up with Adult Fan Fiction and it never sends me the validation email, so I’ve been unable to post my story.

I’ve followed the directions, repeatedly, but to no avail.

Please help!  I’ve been trying to sign up with you for over a month.  I’d really like to get my story out there…

Thank you,

K_nz

1 hour ago, Guest K_nz said:

Dear BronxWench,

I know this isn't on topic, but I’m having trouble with the site and need help. If you could help or forward this to the appropriate person, I’d really appreciate it.

I’ve been trying to sign up with Adult Fan Fiction and it never sends me the validation email, so I’ve been unable to post my story.

I’ve followed the directions, repeatedly, but to no avail.

Please help!  I’ve been trying to sign up with you for over a month.  I’d really like to get my story out there…

Thank you,

K_nz

Hi,

At a glance, I think the issue might be with your email address. Some ISPs have certain security protocols that don’t play well with our code. We have known issues with Microsoft’s email clients: Hotmail, Outlook and Live.com. Members using those clients have been unable to reset passwords because the links simply won’t function.

One thing that has helped with ISP email client conflicts is creating a gmail account to use with our site. Members have been able to temporarily change their email address in order to reset a password, and then can change the email address back to their preferred client after they are able to access their account again. I’m not familiar with your particular email client or ISP, but it may be worth a try.

I can change your registered email address in our database. I suggest, given that this forum is searchable by spambots, that you email me at tos_team@adult-fantiction.org with the email address you want to try. If it doesn’t work, I can contact our tech admin who can look into the details I can’t access.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.