Click Here!

Will this site close? I hope not.

Guest AutumnDog

Guest AutumnDog

Hello, I'm one of your regular readers of many fanfics on your site. Years ago, I joined adultfanfiction because it called to me, but I lost my fanfic. I'm back again. I just recently joined and I was gonna start focusing on some original and fan based fiction until I noticed the donation part on top of your site. 

Is this website about to close? I hope not. I really want to start over from here. Thank you. 

- AutumnDog/Natalie

As far as I know, we are all dedicated to keep the site open for as long as we can. The donations button is just for any of our users who would like to pitch in to help pay for the hosting costs and such of the site. We are not a commercial site (if I understand the definition of that correctly) and we rely on ad revenue to pay costs.

So, we are not going to close in the near future, if we can help it. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

I’ll second what WillowDarkling said.

We’ve always accepted donations from our members, although we’ve never required anyone to pay anything to read or post stories on AFF. We’ve always been free to use, and we plan on staying that way. Our advertisers—the wonderful people who purchase banner ads on our site—help us cover the costs of hosting the site, and the staff is entirely volunteers. Donations have helped us pay for code rewrites and updates over the years, and we’re eternally grateful for that.

I’ve been moderating here nearly ten years now, and I’ve heard absolutely nothing about AFF closing. As an author on the site, I’d really miss it, since this is my favorite of the fiction archives.

Dear, surely, it’s a huuge relief...’cos for awhile this site wasn’t available TT So, it was helluva frustrating to see how your fav author’s works are gone. That’s why now decided to donate monthly and do my part by saving this site ^^

45 minutes ago, Mina-chan95 said:

Dear, surely, it’s a huuge relief...’cos for awhile this site wasn’t available TT So, it was helluva frustrating to see how your fav author’s works are gone. That’s why now decided to donate monthly and do my part by saving this site ^^

Thank you! :wub: 

1 hour ago, Mina-chan95 said:

Thank you so much. :wub:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.